• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Hack of the Year] Results - 2008

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thrace

@tion
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Oct 2, 2016
Hack of the Year 2008 - Results

HotY-2008.png

Introduction

Hack of the Year 2008 has finally ended, we've had a few problems along the way and I thank everyone for bearing with me with what was unfortunately hurriedly organised. Once again a huge thanks goes to Haruki Hanai for all the awards and ~ The Womanizer ~ for all the banners used in Hack of the Year. Thanks also to everyone that made their voice heard by voting. I know there was limited time to test and compare hacks this year but we still managed to pull out a decent number of votes in all the rounds. Congratulations to all hacks that were nominated and voted for. Recognition of ones work is something coveted by all but only few get it and I'm sure that they were all well deserving of it.

Now that thats out of the way, we can get to what everyones been waiting for; the winner of Hack of the Year for 2008 is...

Hack of the Year 2008

Judging Results Table

24bw6qg.png

Raw Judging Results

Blazichu
Cierra
Darthatron
thethethethe
zel

Hack of the Year 2008 - Second and Third Place

5tt5km.png
vhqe6o.png

Hack of the Year 2008 - Second Round Results

Also, somewhat late, here are the results for Round Two:
2zjb9ma.png
s124q8.png
2vhytr6.png
2e5ljrt.png
161xc2q.png
68vjpy.png

Hack of the Year 2008 - First Round Results

b4szs8.jpg
qyiqyx.png
2la7m11.png
nno85u.png
2mmpeb.png

Last edited:

Thrace

@tion
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Oct 2, 2016
Yeah its pretty awkward when the authors of the hacks that are involved are organising this. :S

Anyway, Congratulations Jake! rijonAdventures definitely deserved to win in my opinion, I'm suprised it was so close actually but in the end the right hack won.

Genesis in the state it was when Hack of the Year first started (and even when the judging round began) did not deserve to win this year. There was so much room for improvement and because of my laziness I chose to ignore it promising myself I'd come back to it later. Anyway, I've restarted Genesis as you might already know, although it'll be the same game, every aspect of it will be improved and it'll be deserving of the position its been given in HotY this year.

Fan Favourite was one award I never expected to win. I honestly didn't think people much cared for Genesis. When I look at hacks like Black&White and Liquid Ocean, Genesis didn't even compare. Thanks to everyone who voted for me. The recognition Genesis has received throughout this whole event has given me more than enough encouragement to see Genesis through to the end.

Oh, also, HackMew will be posting his ratings in a couple of days. He's been pretty busy lately so didn't have time to finish it before the deadline.

Ninja Caterpie

AAAAAAAAAAAAA
Years
lolwut. Nice job Haruki and Thrace.
Thrace, lolwut, you won 3 awards in total lolwut.
And it appears Koolboyman Games have some sort of massive hacking appeal that they've won twice in a row. :P

'Kay, my randomness should stop here.

Congrats you three winners. And the winners of the other stuff.

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 23, 2023
And so it ended... :(
Wow, it felt really quick though, but meh~

I still can't believe that zel, thethethethe and Darthatron were one of the judges...

Oh well...
Congratulations, Haruki Hanai, for winning this year's votings and receiving the title as HotY 2008 of your hack project~ :)

Congratulations to the makers of Genesis and Distant as well.
Kinda funny that the makers of the thread, and the ones who organize the votings are also candidates and winners. :P

Anyways...
Congratulations to the 'Hack of the Year 2008 - Second Round Results' winners as well... :)

I can't believe Rescue Rangers win the 'Interesting Feature' category though...
But oh well. Thanks to everyone who voted for my hack this year. :)

Hiche..

Years
  • Seen Dec 27, 2014
Just want to say congratulations to Haruki. Rijon Adventures does deserve to win this, for it features a lot of great skills, and potential.

Congratulations to Thrace. I will always like Genesis the most.
Disturbed, congratulations to you too. From the looks of the screens in Distant, I was sure many people will vote for it. ;)

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Oct 21, 2019
I think I should have a phenomenal post, similar to Thrace's. =)

Old Distant:
There is no reason in hell Distant deserved this. I will admit, it had good maps, and good screenshots, but it was horrible overall. There was not a single script done when Malin told me Distant was going to be in the finals this year. I made it in freaking September... quit it for a month and restarted it in late October. Thank you everybody for supporting it obviously, but there was not nearly enough work on it, meaning that it should not of gotten past round one. People have told me numerously that I was wrong about what I am saying here, but I am speaking the truth. I feel people voted for Distant because they were biased. Well, it can't always necessarily be a bad thing, but seriously... hacks like Top Secret, Legend of Fenju, Flame of Rage, Liquid Crystal... those hacks should be recognized.

New Distant:
Yes, I will be restarting Distant, only to make it so it actually deserves third place. Everything will be improved, so stay in touch ^^

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen May 19, 2021
Congrats everyone! :D

@Thrace: You have two Genesis banners in the second round results.

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
Years
I can't believe Rescue Rangers win the 'Interesting Feature' category though...
Well...
Originally posted by Edward Elric
viewpost.gif

Please, try to understand...
I expected that, but the others were unexpected, to me. Honestly, I'm very happy with the results.
I want to congragulate everyone for their hacking efforts, even those who weren't entered, and those in the scrapbox (such as myself), and...
Originally posted by Santa Clause
viewpost.gif

Ho ho ho! Have a merry Christmas!!!

Last edited:

Ivysaur

Grass dinosaur extraordinaire
Years
Well, I must say I was expecting something like this. Congrats to all, even if this year's HoTY has been tigher, it has been a good one.

Thrace

@tion
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Oct 2, 2016
Winners of Hack of the Year (this year and previous ones) have received Emblems. :D

Go visit the profiles of the winners and click on the Emblems tab if you want to see them. Only the top 3 places get emblems. :3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back