• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

2nd Gen The weird tree attacked!

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
gsgb33.gif

So, did you catch the "weird tree" that turned out to be Sudowoodo? Did you use it on your team? Anything else you want to add is fine~!

I usually make an effort to catch it, since it's the only one in the game, and I used it in Vietnamese Crystal, I believe. It was pretty useful, even though I didn't know what move I was using most of the time haha. I also like its design. Clever way of making people think "hurrr it's obviously a grass type guys" lol.

Spr_2c_185.gif

look at me i'm elvis

Years
I did catch the Sudowoodo my first go around on Gold, but never ended up using it. Just like I'm sure many others were, I was tricked into thinking it was a Grass type, and since I already started with Chikorita that time, I just let it go to the PC, and never took it out. I might try using it if I ever play through Gold again, though, since I don't really have any good Rock types on my teams.

Lost Lore

From the Shadows
Years
For whatever weird reason, I've always caught the Sudowoodo but I haven't used it much. Heck, I'm sure it's been years since I ever bothered to use it as part of my team, and even then, pretty sure it wasn't permanent. It's got some odd moves it starts off with though... seriously, Low Kick is pretty random.

Also the Crystal sprite always cracks me up. Dem wiggly hips~

Zorogami

WUB WUB
Years
Back as a kid i was convinced he was a grass type, and i just couldn't figure out why my fire attacks wouldn't hurt him at all ^^ after i caught him, the mistery was solved. First time i played Crystal i used him in my team, because i liked his design and my first battle with him had become pretty memorable to me. Plus i loved his attack Mimic :3

Nower days, when i played HG, i just caught him, but i automatically thought back to my very first battle with him ^^

Synerjee

[font=Itim]Atra du evarinya ono varda.[/font]
Years
Yup. I always catch any rare Pokemon that can only be found once in the whole game, such as that Sudowoodo. I did remember fainting it once before though as I forgot to save before squirting it with the Squirtbottle, ran out of Pokeballs to capture it with and was forced to finish it off.

I also thought at first that it was a grass-type. I tried using moves that were super effective against grass-types on it to bring its health down significantly, but it didn't work and I wondered why. After I captured it only did I realize it was a rock-type. :P

Years
  • Seen Dec 11, 2013
I usually catch him but it all depends on who I have on my team already usually in GSC I have my starter and a Kadabra so I have no use sometimes

Years
  • Seen Aug 22, 2018
i must catch it no matter use it or not.it really useful if it learns earthquake.i try to mimic the comic main character starter

Golden Warrior

Pokemon Professor
Years
I never was able to catch that. I always try and always fail. I never seem to have the right Pokemon or Pokeballs at the time I battle it. I need to save more often...

Sirfetch’d

I would always catch the Sudowoodo but never use him on my team.

Aethestode

Hacker
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Aug 14, 2023
Unlike Snorlax, Sudowoodo just looks so ugly, so I never used it. In fact, it reminds me of a guy... even the name.

Guest123_x1

I always caught the Sudowoodo on every playthrough of G/S/C. However, it always stayed in the box and was never used in battle, because I felt it wasn't all that great for use.

Treecko

the princess without voice
Years
I always caught the Sudowoodo in GSC cause as a kid I felt I was required to catch it and if I failed it made me really angry. It's one of those only one of them kind of things so I felt the need to catch it everytime. I'd use it on my team sometime , but never really for long and mostly stayed in my box.

Olli

I am still bathing in a summer's afterglow
Years
In my first few playthroughs of Silver, I did indeed catch it, however I never actually used it, mostly because I kept thinking it was a Grass Pokemon, only to realise it was a Rock type, but also because I at that point, mostly always had my team filled, thought out, or just didn't want it. In my later playthroughs I did catch it just to have it though, but I've never actually used it as a main part of my team. It was several years ago since I last played a second gen game though :(

Magykx

It's too cold for you here.
Years
I've always caught Sudowoodo, but the only time I've ever actually used it on my team was the first time I played through Silver years ago. Ever since it just goes straight into the PC.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen today
On every single playthrough I tryed to catch it. Also I remember that I actually used one (I even got it to max level). Sudowoodo is quiet useful as a rock type pokemon.

Mr. Magius

  
Years
I caught Sudowoodo and put him on my team for a short time. At the time it was really weak so I ended up dropping it.

Back