• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Roleplay Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sapphire Rose

[I]Only thorns left on this rose.[/I]
Years
Congratulations to everyone who won in the RPA award ^^

heretostay123- ofcourse not, i'm trying to ignore him cx … but it's really hard to ignore something that is in the middle of my screen and has more colors than a tiny rainbow.

Greiger

A mad mind... hehe
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Oct 1, 2023
Funny thing... with adblock on I see no Wario. With adblock off I still see no Wario.

Adblock... the ultimate Wario defense.

Somniac

Probably sleeping.
Years
So I woke up this morning to find that I won best rookie in the RPA, which was a nice start to my day.

It made me feel all tingly on the inside, but that may have been my body telling me to eat breakfast, I can't be certain.

Oh, a little Wario? I wonder what he's all abou- Damnit, now 4 non-blondes is going to be stuck in my head all day!

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Jun 11, 2019
I understand what people are saying regarding setting the Mass Effect RP after the storyline of the games. But the games naturally have a massive impact on the Mass Effect universe, depending on what decisions you make. My Mass Effect universe will be different from many others, and many others from mine, due to the decisions our Shepards made. By setting the RP before the game storyline you avoid this issue. You also avoid giving people who haven't played any, or all of, the games any spoilers. Just my two cents however, I'll likely join the RP regardless of when it is set. Just thought I'd give my view on things.

I do agree that forming some sort of team would be a good route though, give us our own cool ship and mission etc. Perhaps on the sign ups you could ask that people specify what role on the team their character would fill? Engineer, Gunnery Officer etc.

ShinyDiamond

[b]The Other Promise[/b]
Years
Congrats to all RPA winners! :D

On another note, I'm making progress with my RP. It might be submitted sooner than summer. I might submit it next week for spring break, assuming I finish it in that time. Don't get your hopes up, I may not finish it in time.

Somniac

Probably sleeping.
Years
And I still have no idea what Mass Effect is. I feel so out of place xD

A three-part videogame series created by Bioware. It's an action RPG set in a futuristic space age, and follows the adventures of Captain Shepard.

That said, It kind of interests me, one word of advice though would be to avoid all relation with Shepard/reapers. I think it would be all to easy to go down the reapers-return route.

Something such as a massive expansion of Krogan [due to shep' curing the genophage in ME3?] would be a far better storyline.

Reactions: SV

Bleacher

Chaos Worshipper
Years
  • Seen Aug 31, 2013
I have been working on a plot for about a few weeks now, I have fleshed it out almost.. Since this is my first pokémon based RP, even so on Pokécommunity, any and all help would be appreciated. Thanks beforehand!

Years
@Bleacher - If you want any help with your plot I'm usually okay at that sort of thing. Either way there are several very helpful RPers in this corner so I'm sure you'll find someone who can give you a hand.

Bleacher

Chaos Worshipper
Years
  • Seen Aug 31, 2013
The minor plot details- The RP is set in Johto, 15 years after the Johto saga. The main antagonist is Giovanni's son who passionately hates everything Rocket and his father because of their worthlessness and the mysterious disappearance of his father. He and a few rockets loyal to him are planning to take over the world with pokémon, recapture Mewtwo and unleash his vengeful wrath upon Johto. Prof. Elm Jr. (the only person in Johto who knows about motives) having received some info, have recruited 10 teens from all over Johto to combat this new threat. The teens are unaware of what they are going to face, but in time everyone will get to know..

I have started the beta RP on another forum to see if my RP garners interest. Please check it out and tell if it is fit for Pokecommunity.

EDIT- @Gimmepie, Thank you. I have seen some of your RPs and would be grateful if you give me some GMing tips and such. :)

Last edited:

Karma Police

Arrest this man
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jul 7, 2023
The minor plot details- The RP is set in Johto, 15 years after the Johto saga. The main antagonist is Giovanni's son who passionately hates everything Rocket and his father because of their worthlessness and the mysterious disappearance of his father. He and a few rockets loyal to him are planning to take over the world with pokémon, recapture Mewtwo and unleash his vengeful wrath upon Johto. Prof. Elm Jr. (the only person in Johto who knows about motives) having received some info, have recruited 10 teens from all over Johto to combat this new threat. The teens are unaware of what they are going to face, but in time everyone will get to know..

I have started the beta RP on another forum to see if my RP garners interest. Please check it out and tell if it is fit for Pokecommunity.

EDIT- @Gimmepie, Thank you. I have seen some of your RPs and would be grateful if you give me some GMing tips and such. :)

But didn't Silver go soft by the end of G/S/C? You'd have to have a good reason for him to try and take over the world because it pretty much goes against his character portrayed in the series, no?

Bleacher

Chaos Worshipper
Years
  • Seen Aug 31, 2013
Actually, in this RP Silver isn't the son of Giovanni.. It is an original character called Aerion. The RP is a sequel to modified GSC (quite a bit modification actually)

Geras

Roleplayer
Years
Actually, in this RP Silver isn't the son of Giovanni.. It is an original character called Aerion. The RP is a sequel to modified GSC (quite a bit modification actually)

You could always hand wave it by just saying that Aerion is his brother and that Silver left Johto with his pokemon on a journey to see the world or something, like what happened at the end of B/W. Him being just "away" gives you the options of leaving him away if you want or bringing him back for a story event.

Bleacher

Chaos Worshipper
Years
  • Seen Aug 31, 2013
That is a great idea, thank you.. It will give an opportunity to bring the Masked Man (not Pryce this time ;)).

And as of update- The plot details are complete till Lake of Rage. Also I have added two events as of now. Perhaps it is time to post the RP now?

Bleacher

Chaos Worshipper
Years
  • Seen Aug 31, 2013
@Bleacher - You could if you want but. But you may want to be sure you have an idea of where your story is going first.

The RP pace is smooth till Lake of Rage but after that I haven't really planned anything solid and is likely to change if someone provides me with a good idea.

@Gimmepie- I can PM you the plot summary I have still written if you want. Please check if they are good.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 2, 2024
I will be disappearing from PC for a while again. Life calls and I just can't divide my attention enough to keep up with both real stuff and online stuff. At least not by staying dedicated to RPing. I am very sorry but, as I usually do, I'll probably be back in a month or by summer or so ._.

Love you all, kind of <3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back