• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokemon Shrouded Chaos

Status
Not open for further replies.

+Sneasel™

It's a meeee, itman!
Years
nice to see the hack itman, didnt get a chance to play it yet but it looks cool...

the new map looks good 2 mate

good luck w/ it mate

its true they were in it. and is charizard gonna make a return?
Of coarse Charizard will return, what's a game without a bad ass Charizard?

I'm Lex's clone just with better english, and like Lex said" Don't Post full maps." It will make the hack not fun.

The Pokecenters don't look good, because it does not look like the way it does.

Other than that, the hack's awsome.
Ok Lex's clone, you do have a point there, I shouldn't have done that! I'll post in-game screens of maps from now on.

Yes, pokecenters tiles aren't in yet.

Great job! It looks very good! I haven't the time to play the alpha right now, and you know why(at least I hope you do XD), but I will play it eventually. BOL!
Great to hear from you!!!!!!!! It's been awhile! I konw why, and I'm glad you said BOL, for without it your comment would feel incomplete ;)

You Copied Oak having a mustache... :(
I had that in my hack for almost 2 months now..
1. In my hack, Oak doesn't have a mustache, I used the regular sprite.
2. Even if I did, would it be that big of a deal?
3. I didn't even know you had a hack.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Okey dokey, later today I will have time to map and script a bit, not much though, I'm mostly going to be planning some things, as I have an idea, but I have to plan how to make it work. A friend of mine (secret) showed me how much planning ahead can help, so that's what I'm doing :)

Byeeeee

Years
1. In my hack, Oak doesn't have a mustache, I used the regular sprite.
2. Even if I did, would it be that big of a deal?
3. I didn't even know you had a hack.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Okey dokey, later today I will have time to map and script a bit, not much though, I'm mostly going to be planning some things, as I have an idea, but I have to plan how to make it work. A friend of mine (secret) showed me how much planning ahead can help, so that's what I'm doing :)

Byeeeee
s20080812012942478pq3.png

NVM, I patched a rom where I changed the sprite myself before the patch.
Sorry :(

cooley

///Keepin' it simple
Years
Er..You don't need to have the 6th badge to use Rock smash. Just edit the script of it.

It should begin as
Code:
special 0x187
compare LASTRESULT 0x2
if 0x1 goto 0x81A7AE0
lockall
checkflag 0x825
if 0x0 goto 0x81BE091
Just change the
"checkflag 0x825" to the gym badge flag you want.

Happy to help ;)

+Sneasel™

It's a meeee, itman!
Years
Ok, small update, just some screens of the cemetary...I may end up re-doing it though, as it's a bit empty, but tell me what you think :)

NOW_01.png

Ok, this one is really empty I know, I'll fix that up.

NOW_02.png

That shiny thing is cool XD

NOW_03.png

Ooooh, a gold gravestone, I wonder what's up with that???

Well, hope you like them :)

Well, I'm now going on vacation for the rest of the week, and won't be able to work on this then, so bye!

Last edited:

Sarcastic Prince

Starting anew...
Years
Ok, small update, just some screens of the cemetary...I may end up re-doing it though, as it's a bit empty, but tell me what you think :)

NOW_01.png

Ok, this one is really empty I know, I'll fix that up.

NOW_02.png

That shiny thing is cool XD

NOW_03.png

Ooooh, a gold gravestone, I wonder what's up with that???

Well, hope you like them :)

Well, I'm now going on vacation for the rest of the week, and won't be able to work on this then, so bye!

It's going to be like a graveyard, right?

If so, try to find some graveyard tiles.

+Sneasel™

It's a meeee, itman!
Years
Ok, I'm back from vacation :) Yea, too bad school is starting for me in a few days, but I'll still have time to work on this.

As for the cemetary, I'll try to find some tiles, and I'll make it better.
So, back to work for me I guess, byeeeee

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen May 19, 2021
I'm not gonna say this looks plain, or demand you to get some cemetery tiles.
I like the idea a lot, and I wish you luck finding the cemetery tiles~

maximum911

Beggining Scripter
Years
  • Seen Nov 1, 2009
very intriguing hack uh the tile set is quite good i could to some string hacking or somthing and spoof up the intro a bit what do you think?

+Sneasel™

It's a meeee, itman!
Years
I'm not gonna say this looks plain, or demand you to get some cemetery tiles.
I like the idea a lot, and I wish you luck finding the cemetery tiles~
I've been looking, but I can't seem to find some. So for now it will just stay like that until further notice.

This hack looks really great. I love the scripts and the alpha was fantastic. I hope there will be a beta soon. Best of luck!

very intriguing hack uh the tile set is quite good i could to some string hacking or somthing and spoof up the intro a bit what do you think?
Maybe, I'm still thinking on what the intro should be.

~~~~~~~~~~~~
Updates:
Well, I just got back to my mom's house, so I'm back to hacking, I'm currently inserting the scripts I made before and testing them.
I do request something though, if anyone can make a Haunter OW for the up, down, and left frames, cause I can't seem to get the OW resizer tool to work (i can't seem to get the hex way yet, so for now...), so i can't insert another MD sprite.

Years
This is a great hack dude. BTW itman, uh maybe im just wrong but does your current beta stop after the battle with Adam?

+Sneasel™

It's a meeee, itman!
Years
This Hacks seems to be great so far i will be honored to test this when you get further into it

I haven't tried it yet, but it looks fun!
Thanks also :)

This is a great hack dude. BTW itman, uh maybe im just wrong but does your current beta stop after the battle with Adam?
Yep, at the end of the Skyway. I should of made the ending a little more clear I guess, but yea.

Good, I like the palettes of the tiles ^^
I changed the palletes a bit, made it a bit brighter.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Okey dokey, now I've got good news :)
1. Weekend! More time to hack.
2. I finally got the OW changer to work, yay.
3. More screenshots will come soon (I hope).
4. Put in a sidequest, not telling ;)

So, that's all for now, byeeeee

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Feb 22, 2024
Every Fire Red rom i download says I can save can someone help me out i wanna play this.....

edit....
Nevermind i have a idea how to use it

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back