• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

J-E Questions (+ Anime Recommendation Requests)

digi-kun

Hourai NEET
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Mar 12, 2018
To be simple, this thread's purpose is for members to post any questions they have about anime that doesn't generate enough conversation to warrant the creation a new thread. This is an open thread, so anyone can ask or answer questions.

Possible inquiries can include:
Anime Recommendations (be sure to note what type of anime you're looking for)
Source request
What episode so and so scene was from
Clarification on something you don't understand
Translation
Confirmation of rumors
Etc.

Also, do NOT ask where you can download anything.

Note: For archival purposes, here is the previous thread.
Click Here

TheronElite

Pokemon Professor
Years
I would like a recommendation. I use to watch One Piece, Shaman King (until it ended), Bleach, this one called Blue Gender, and I saw every episode of one called Galaxy Railways. So pretty much anything with lots of action and a hint of comedy, or a sci-fi anime.

Weeaboo Name

Banned
Years
Mahou Shoujo Lyrical Nanoha: The Movie 1st
Black Lagoon
Phantom: Requiem for the Phantom
Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex
Kara no Kyoukai films
Darker Than Black
Baccano!
Star Driver
Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann
Cowboy Bebop
FLCL
Ben-to
Dirty Pair
Samurai Champloo
Busou Renkin
Kekkaishi
Strike Witches
Fate/Stay Night and Fate/Zero

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Nov 5, 2017
I would like a recommendation. I use to watch One Piece, Shaman King (until it ended), Bleach, this one called Blue Gender, and I saw every episode of one called Galaxy Railways. So pretty much anything with lots of action and a hint of comedy, or a sci-fi anime.

Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann fits in all those categories.

If you don't mind trying out old school anime then try Fist of the North Star/Hokuto no Ken (100% action & unintentional comedy), or try Berserk which is a little more recent (90s). For sci-fi try Space Pirate Captain Harlock.

Sector

Banned
Years
  • Age 33
  • Ohio
  • Seen Oct 10, 2016
Hello there everyone!!

I've been taking sudden interest in checking out different anime and keeping myself out of boredom!

I need to ask for recommendations on real good anime I can check out however. I'm looking for those of in-depth storyline, action and perhaps some magical girlfriends?

Like for example I've seen:

UFO Ultramaiden Valkyria
Angel Beats
Demon King Daimao
Kaze no Stigma
Heroic Age (Favorite!)
Infinite Stratos
Strain: Strategic Armored Infantry
& so forth.

Just like the real time movies, like the Hangover, I hate straight up comedy ones with no point behind them. Gore is alright, humor is good. Romance is alright..I just hate the ones that they never get the main characters to kiss and get interrupted. (Think that is just stupid, KISS ALREADY! lol). I do like real good graphics, similar to that of Heroic Age and Angel Beats. Growing up, my favorites were indeed, the entire Dragon Ball series, but only to be 2nd favorite to Sailor Moon!

A long listed of anime series would be very much appreciated if any they are similar to more of what I'm looking for, thanks!

Zayin

#1 Team Rocket fan
Years
I would like someone to translate one of Musashi's monologues. It's in the episode entitled Nidoran's Love Story. She basically talks about her past crushes and I'm curious to know what she says in the original. I will post what I hear, and if it makes no sense I'll consider attaching an audio file. Sorry, I will glue most words as one because I have no idea when they start and stop xD! I tried translating them, but it didn't work, really. Also, if someone is patient enough to translate each word one by one, it'd be greatly appreciated! I want to learn Japanese ;). Here goes:

"yokuzokiitekuremashita imayonigae(or i)rusukidatta anohitokonohitotonahito suniteshimaebaomoirudakedo nagahitanamidanokazuwa pokemon nokazudemotarinayuwa"

It's a mess, yeah. I hope I heard the right thing. Thanks!

Years
I would like someone to translate one of Musashi's monologues. It's in the episode entitled Nidoran's Love Story. She basically talks about her past crushes and I'm curious to know what she says in the original. I will post what I hear, and if it makes no sense I'll consider attaching an audio file. Sorry, I will glue most words as one because I have no idea when they start and stop xD! I tried translating them, but it didn't work, really. Also, if someone is patient enough to translate each word one by one, it'd be greatly appreciated! I want to learn Japanese ;). Here goes:

"yokuzokiitekuremashita imayonigae(or i)rusukidatta anohitokonohitotonahito suniteshimaebaomoirudakedo nagahitanamidanokazuwa pokemon nokazudemotarinayuwa"

It's a mess, yeah. I hope I heard the right thing. Thanks!
Yeah, that is a bit of a mess. It sort of looks like "Yokuzo, kiite kuremashita. Ima yomigaeru suki datta ano hito, kono hito, donna hito..." though I can't be sure. And I really can't tell what "suniteshimaebaomoirudakedo" might be, but the last bit is, if I'm figuring it out okay, something like: ". . . the number of tears I've shed and the number of pokemon aren't enough."

digi-kun

Hourai NEET
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Mar 12, 2018
Split up, it looks like it could be "Sunete shimaeba omoeru dakedo", seeing as there are some e and i mishearings from the text you've pasted. "Ano hito, kono hito, donna hito" could also be "Ano hi to kono hi to donna hi to" depending on if/where pauses are in the speech.

It'd probably be easier with an audio file, so it'd be great if you could provide it, or even get a youtube clip of it

Zayin

#1 Team Rocket fan
Years
Hey, thanks a lot for the replies! I will post an audio file as soon as I can. I doubt it would be on Youtube... Wait, I'll just upload it myself rofl.

[Edit]There it is! I provided the context too, I suppose it could be helpful. Actually, feel free to translate all of Team Rocket's dialog if you feel like it, but I'm mostly interested in Musashi's. Thanks!

http://youtu.be/EsXBnXyW7PM

Last edited:

digi-kun

Hourai NEET
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Mar 12, 2018
Hey, thanks a lot for the replies! I will post an audio file as soon as I can. I doubt it would be on Youtube... Wait, I'll just upload it myself rofl.

[Edit]There it is! I provided the context too, I suppose it could be helpful. Actually, feel free to translate all of Team Rocket's dialog if you feel like it, but I'm mostly interested in Musashi's. Thanks!

http://youtu.be/EsXBnXyW7PM

seems it got removed for copyright. upload the mp3 maybe?

Zayin

#1 Team Rocket fan
Years
seems it got removed for copyright. upload the mp3 maybe?
Oh, the privacy setting was wrong. I thought setting it as "unlisted" would work if I shared the link, but it looks like it doesn't. I changed it to "public", you should be able to view it now.

digi-kun

Hourai NEET
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Mar 12, 2018
Oh, the privacy setting was wrong. I thought setting it as "unlisted" would work if I shared the link, but it looks like it doesn't. I changed it to "public", you should be able to view it now.

Nope, still getting a copyright removal message here

Zayin

#1 Team Rocket fan
Years
Nope, still getting a copyright removal message here
Aww, that sucks, I can view it fine. I'll upload it here then. The video is small enough ;D!

(I hope it's ok Mr. and Mrs. moderators ;3)

Last edited:

digi-kun

Hourai NEET
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Mar 12, 2018
Merging with J-E Questions cuz that's where it's supposed to go.

@Zayin: Too lazy to directly translate right now, but sums up to this: "Thank's for listening. All those people I fell in love with have all become memories, and yet the tears I've shed don't amount to the pokemon's tears?" or something. last sentence may be reversed based on what happened, but i'm a bit too tired to take a shot at it right now.

Last edited:

CloudNine

Banned
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Oct 23, 2014
Looking for new Anime to watch

Hey everyone, so I'm looking for animes that will catch my interest. I like action, comedy, scfi(but not to scfiy, if you know what I mean), some fantasy, and supernatural.

Ones I already watched and recommend:

Black Butler
Black Lagoon
Claymore
Code Geass
Clannad( for some reason the story got my attention)
Getbackers
Darker Than Black
Elfen Lied(warning really gory)
Kaze no Stigma
Kenechi the great disciple

That's it, so if anyone knows any good anime that's sort of similar above. Let me know :D

Weeaboo Name

Banned
Years
There's a thread for this

But I'll answer anyway;

Ghost in the Shell
One Piece
Gintama
Baccano!
Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann
Black Lagoon: Roberta's Blood Trail (if you haven't already)
Hellsing Ultimate
Cowboy Bebop
Samurai Champloo
Phantom: Requiem for the Phantom
Guilty Crown
Ben-To
Mobile Fighter G Gundam
Kara no Kyoukai films

Back