• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Emerald hack: Pokémon DarkCopper [New Thread]

Status
Not open for further replies.

El Diabeetus

Amateur Voice Actor / ROM Editor ('Hacker')
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jun 10, 2020
[HotW #108] Pokémon DarkCopper [New Thread]

Hack Name:
PkmnDCLogo.png

Hack of:
PkmnEmeraldLogo.png

Introduction:
I'm SSJ4 Furanki previously known as Furanki Pkmn Master, SSJ4 Cartman, Cartman, and SSJ4 Furatman you might know me as that guy who used to crap out a bunch of South Park hacks, that never got finished and I used to think I was so awesome because of it. But, looking back at that I'm ashamed to have ever made those hacks. I'm surprised most of those were even allowed at places. Anyways, this is a hack where, I'm trying to make it seem more like an actual Pokémon game. Taking things from GB, GBC, GBA, and DS Pokémon games and adding my own personal touch to it. I'm actually going to try to finish this one, in my spare time. Except in the Summer, and breaks, where I have a lot of time to work on this. I originally started this hack on FireRed, but decided to switch to Emerald.

Storyline:
4 years later from (GRBY/RSE/FRLG) and 1 from (GSC/DPP/HGSS), you start out as a trainer in Red Town, in the region of Ohsai. You get to choose your first Pokémon from Prof. Bark, take on your rival, get all the badges, etc. You also have to stop Team Death. Team Death is pretty much a cult, trying to awaken Darkrai to put everyone in the World to sleep, and steal everyone's Pokémon and they're not afraid to kill someone in the process, they also want to use Spiritomb to scare people that are afraid of Ghosts, same with Gastly, etc. They're very Dark and Ghost type based, but they have a Pokémon they're going after far more destructive than Darkrai or Spiritomb. It's the very epitome of evil, could be considered an evil parallel to Arceus.

Features:
- New Gym Types: This game will be using type that aren't used all that often or earlier than usual.
- 16 Gyms!
- New Region: Ohsai.
- New Pokémon: Some Fakémon, Some 4th and 5th Generation Pokémon.
- Elite 4/Pokémon League is being replaced by a 10 or 11 floor building for battling in Ohsai.
Each floor goes up by 10 levels (Ex. 1-9, 10-19, etc.)
- You don't have to get the Pokédex, you can continue on with the game, however I recommend you still get it.
- Brand New form for Deoxys.
- Giratina only has its Origin Forme in this game.
- Go to 2 full regions: Ohsai and Johto, also parts of Hoenn.
- New TM's: Some will be changed.
- Some New Items: A few have been changed.
- The Mach Bike is now a "Hover Scooter", the Acro Bike is now a "Jetpack" I'm bringing in some science fiction.
- Lv. 1 Starters: (Dratini, Bagon, Gible)
- New Hero/Heroine
- New Rival(s): Your main rival's female, other is male.
- Mild cussing: There's a lot of damns, etc. from regular trainers, but actual swearing like the "F-word" or "S-word" will only be said rarely.
- New Regional Pokédex (Maybe?)
- New Evil Team/Bad Guys: Team Death
- All 1st, 2nd, 3rd Gen and other Legendaries catchable, plus whichever, Fakémon and 4th Generation legendaries I throw in.
- Cameos of characters from Death Note.
- Cameos of Pokémon characters, possibly from the Manga, but most game characters will make an appearance.
- Return of Team Rocket, Magma, Aqua, Galactic and possibly the new team from the 5th Generation games. Team Death and Galactic's confrontations may prove interesting.
- Some existing may get type additions or changes. For example, it always seemed weird to me that Sceptile never got a second type. When, both Swampert and Blaziken did. Sceptile will now be Grass/Dragon, Charizard will become Dragon instead of Flying, etc.
- A mix of Custom, HG/SS, and FR/LG tiles will be used. So, for example trees from all 3 will be used.
- All 3 of Ohsai's starter Pokémon can be caught later in the game. So, unlike the official games, it's just a matter of... which one do I want first? I can still catch the other 2 and more of my starter later.
- Due to HG/SS giving "Gold" a real name "Ethan", I'm giving Silver a real name, he's going to be called "Damion" in this, since that means "to kill", which in my opinion fits with "Silver's" personality.
- Everything I can possibly de-ALL CAPITALIZE, I will.
- HG/SS Pokémon Overworlds.
- Day and Night!

Screenshots:
possibletitlescreenlevi.png

Not the actual titlescreen yet, but this is what I plan on it looking like.

PkmnDarkCopper62.png

PkmnDarkCopper63.png

PkmnDarkCopper64.png

PkmnDarkCopper65.png

PkmnDarkCopper66.png

PkmnDarkCopper67.png

PkmnDarkCopper74.png

PkmnDarkCopper76.png

PkmnDarkCopper77.png

PkmnDarkCopper19.png

PkmnDarkCopper84.png

PkmnDarkCopper104.png

PkmnDarkCopper102.png

PkmnDarkCopper103.png

PkmnDarkCopper97.png

PkmnDarkCopper130.png

Betas:
English: None
German: None
Japanese: None
Spanish: None
Italian: None
French: None

Bugs:
Will eventually get down to listing them.

Credits:
Coolboyman: After playing Brown 2009, it gave me the will to try hacking again.
littlebaier: New L overworld(s).
Nintendo and Game Freak: For releasing and making the game this is being edited from (Emerald).
Synyster_Zeikku: Help in general.
All the tool makers that made the tools that can make this possible.
mervyn797: HG/SS Music Midis
zealot: Better Name suggestion for the main Legendary.
Green Charizard/PHO: Some of the DP Tiles.

Translators/translations:
German: Lati-Fan95 (Dialouge, which actually needs the translation), SSJ4 Furanki (Menus, Pokédex, Pokémon, etc. Things you could just check a German Emerald for.)
Japanese: None, as of yet.
Spanish: None, as of yet.
Italian: None, as of yet.
French: None, as of yet.

List of Pokémon replaced:
Coming Soon (Later)

Userbars:
HTML:
[URL]http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=208309][IMG]http://i529.photobucket.com/albums/dd335/the_seas_of_freedom/pc.jpg[/IMG][/URL]
Made by: tpravetz

HTML:
[URL]http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=208309][IMG]i532.photobucket.com/albums/ee324/SSJ4_Furatman/PokmonDarkCopperSupportBar.png[/IMG][/URL]
Made by: SSJ4 Furanki

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Dec 10, 2021
I don't like the tree tiles.
Aren't they the Emerald ones?
Good luck on this, though.

El Diabeetus

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jun 10, 2020
I don't like the tree tiles.
That's all I can say.
Yeah, understandable, they're still the default Emerald tree tiles. I wanna replace them with 3 different sets of tree tiles, which I'll get to soon.

Years
Oh, right..
1. Is it really necessary to include Zoroa? I mean, yeah, it's cool you inserted it, I guess, but you'd be guessing everything about it, except for its type. That's never really.. Great. I remember playing a hack called Arcoiris, who'd inserted Lucario, but well before any 4th gen game came out. It was badly done- it kept Regirock's moveset, except for Metal Claw being added (and that was it).
That, and your starters are now unbalanced- you've got Houndour and Zoroa, two Dark types, and then you've got Riolu, which is Fighting Type. To balance out the trio, replace Houndour (or Zoroa, rather) with a Psychic type.
2. I definately agree- change the tiles. RSE Default tiles are hideous, and should always be replaced.
3. The maps. I'm really sorry, but.. Well, they could use some work. Particularly the Route 901 map, which has caught my attention. The grass placement is random- natural mapping or not, random single patches of grass looks awful in a Pokemon Game. Especially for a first route, it should be simple. Avoid mixing and matching with the large trees and the slender trees, people tend to do it but they usually fail. (I know you haven't done that, but I'm just giving a heads up).
Also, never, Ever, EVER use both grass tiles in close proximity to one another. It's just hideous, if I'm bluntly honest, and especially in the current palette.
So, what you should focus on is-
1. The starters- switch one of the Dark ones to a Psychic type, and consider whether or not including Zoroa is really a good option.
2. Tiles and palettes. It appears you've already edited the palettes, but perhaps find.. "greener" trees and grass.
3. Maps. Watch which tiles you put where (wtf, that sounds incorrect). Avoid random grass and tree placement, give the player room to walk in straight lines without having a tree plonked in the middle of the path, and try to place Grass tiles in clumps of several tiles, rather than spread out the single tiles.
Sorry for the long "review". I hope you don't feel I'm making little of your work, I'm just offering my opinions and suggestions, which of course you are free to ignore if you so wish. Good luck with the hack:)
ANOTHER EMERALD HACK, YAY:D

Lati-Fan95

I completed my HG Pokedex!^^
Years
The story is actually pretty good, the tiles are okay but HG/SS poke-OWs... Plz watch out that Pichu won't be bigger than its trainer!^^ I'm also quite curious how you'll manage to interplant Rotom (all forms)... But it's a little unfair that Riolu pwns every other starter easily (btw starters... Zorua as a starter is an epic idea, hope it'll learn awesome attacks!^^) ... And please, don't mix different kinds of grass... It looks horrible... And think of a better name, DarkCopper doens't seem to suit the image (Dark suits, but I can't see the point in Copper...) !^^

Well, all in all a cool project (hope you know what you do, Emerald is harder to hack than FR or Ruby...) !^^ I'm gonna look at it every once in a while...

.Tactic.

x.Paranoid's BackAlley.x
Years
Well I think you have definetely improved this hack!
But I am sorry, The mapping is meh.
For example, the grass is very strange. And your placement is unnaturally strange..

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Apr 19, 2010
the storyline and ideas are great, nice overworlds. :)
but the mapping and tiles are a bit poor.
also, why is their level one starters again?

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years
So new thread... that's nice to see Furatman :)
I gotta say it's really much better... as for Zorua I see it as an excellent choice.
5 gen is something fresh so if we can see it in 3rd gen hack it'll help advertising your hack.
I was thinking of adding Zor-evo to my hack, if you don't mind could I use your sprites?

El Diabeetus

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jun 10, 2020
Mitchell George said:
Zoroa? You mean the 5th gen one?

Niceeeeeeee.
Yep, that one, Zoroark too.

giradialkia said:
Oh, right..
1. Is it really necessary to include Zoroa? I mean, yeah, it's cool you inserted it, I guess, but you'd be guessing everything about it, except for its type. That's never really.. Great. I remember playing a hack called Arcoiris, who'd inserted Lucario, but well before any 4th gen game came out. It was badly done- it kept Regirock's moveset, except for Metal Claw being added (and that was it).
That, and your starters are now unbalanced- you've got Houndour and Zoroa, two Dark types, and then you've got Riolu, which is Fighting Type. To balance out the trio, replace Houndour (or Zoroa, rather) with a Psychic type.
2. I definately agree- change the tiles. RSE Default tiles are hideous, and should always be replaced.
3. The maps. I'm really sorry, but.. Well, they could use some work. Particularly the Route 901 map, which has caught my attention. The grass placement is random- natural mapping or not, random single patches of grass looks awful in a Pokemon Game. Especially for a first route, it should be simple. Avoid mixing and matching with the large trees and the slender trees, people tend to do it but they usually fail. (I know you haven't done that, but I'm just giving a heads up).
Also, never, Ever, EVER use both grass tiles in close proximity to one another. It's just hideous, if I'm bluntly honest, and especially in the current palette.
So, what you should focus on is-
1. The starters- switch one of the Dark ones to a Psychic type, and consider whether or not including Zoroa is really a good option.
2. Tiles and palettes. It appears you've already edited the palettes, but perhaps find.. "greener" trees and grass.
3. Maps. Watch which tiles you put where (wtf, that sounds incorrect). Avoid random grass and tree placement, give the player room to walk in straight lines without having a tree plonked in the middle of the path, and try to place Grass tiles in clumps of several tiles, rather than spread out the single tiles.
Sorry for the long "review". I hope you don't feel I'm making little of your work, I'm just offering my opinions and suggestions, which of course you are free to ignore if you so wish. Good luck with the hack
ANOTHER EMERALD HACK, YAY
1. Yeah,it will be guessing; but, I'll re-do it's moveset once it's revealed.
2. That's correct, I did edit the pallete. Yeah, I'm currently in the process of finding better Tree tiles.
3. Yeah, I see what you mean. I was trying to go for, naturally Grass wouldn't just be there in a concentrated area. But, I will have to edit, with the taller grass, I was going for a "variety" but, that doesn't seem to look good.

4. The starters, yeah, I should change one to Psychc, I originally had Smoochum as a starter when this was a FireRed hack, but, I'll probably change Houndour to some Psychc type, maybe Ralts or Abra (Edit it to learn something other than Teleport)?

I'd rather you type out a long, well thought out critique like you did rather than "OMGZ, SO AWZOEM" or "OMGZ SO GAY, DUR HUR".

Lati-Fan95 said:
The story is actually pretty good, the tiles are okay but HG/SS poke-OWs... Plz watch out that Pichu won't be bigger than its trainer!^^ I'm also quite curious how you'll manage to interplant Rotom (all forms)... But it's a little unfair that Riolu pwns every other starter easily (btw starters... Zorua as a starter is an epic idea, hope it'll learn awesome attacks!^^) ... And please, don't mix different kinds of grass... It looks horrible... And think of a better name, DarkCopper doens't seem to suit the image (Dark suits, but I can't see the point in Copper...) !^^

Well, all in all a cool project (hope you know what you do, Emerald is harder to hack than FR or Ruby...) !^^ I'm gonna look at it every once in a while...
Thanks, actually as of right now the story is the only thing complete right now, I spent Thursday or Friday completely outlining the story.
Yeah, I'm well aware of Pichu, I'll shink ones like that. I didn't shrink Sceptile due to it being 5'7, which is taller than the Player.

I named it DarkCopper, because I could've named it Dark, but it just didn't feel right to me. Plus, I figured why not make a name like FireRed, LeafGreen, HeartGold and SoulSilver?

About it being on Emerald, I've tried multiple hacks on Ruby, and for this hack, I tried on FR/LG. So, I decided to give Emerald a chance.

MewTwoReturns said:
the storyline and ideas are great, nice overworlds.
but the mapping and tiles are a bit poor.
also, why is their level one starters again?
Yeah, I'm okay at mapping, but not that great, either. I'm planing on changing the already changed Grass tiles and the Tree tiles, the Pokémon Center, Mart, Gym, etc.

Ash493 said:
So new thread... that's nice to see Furatman
I gotta say it's really much better... as for Zorua I see it as an excellent choice.
5 gen is something fresh so if we can see it in 3rd gen hack it'll help advertising your hack.
I was thinking of adding Zor-evo to my hack, if you don't mind could I use your sprites?
Thanks, yeah go ahead. That's the reason I posted them.

Well I think you have definetely improved this hack!
But I am sorry, The mapping is meh.
For example, the grass is very strange. And your placement is unnaturally strange.. Yes the Zorua idea is great.
Galactic Platinum has Zoroark.
Yeah, I'm well aware the maps could be better. I wanted to add Zoroa/Zoroark since they're pretty cool in my opinion. Plus, the fact to show I'm not lying when I said "There'll be 5th generation Pokémon in here".

Last edited:

Buizark

Always looking for an OU match
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Aug 5, 2016
The Zorua backsprite looks deformed to me o.o

Years
As a replacement starter, why not insert Mime Jr.? There's very few Psychic types that have two Pokemon in the evolutionary line (which is what the other two Pokemon have). You could go with Mime Jr., or... Maybe... Drowzee, or Natu, or.. SPOINK!
Go with Spoink, that'd be sweet:D
Anyway, I know what you mean when you say you alternated from Ruby to Fire Red to Emerald, that's how it happened for me, too.
... By the way, Wichu made a de-cap patch for each Rom (ie, each Rom that is hacked, ie Ruby, Fire Red, Emerald, if I'm not mistaken). You could just use that, rather than doing it all yourself.

miksy91

Dark Energy is back in action! ;)
Years
Your hack looks good and I like the way you put starters obtainable at lv1 :D
However I've a one question:
Is Zoroa really either from 3rd or 4th gen or a just a fakemon :O ?

LightOfTruth

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 16, 2020
It is very unusual not having the starters at Level 5. Dont know about the fifth gen to comment. Im planning to stick to the first 350 and/or fakemon if I ever make a hack

El Diabeetus

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jun 10, 2020
As a replacement starter, why not insert Mime Jr.? There's very few Psychic types that have two Pokemon in the evolutionary line (which is what the other two Pokemon have). You could go with Mime Jr., or... Maybe... Drowzee, or Natu, or.. SPOINK!
Go with Spoink, that'd be sweet:D
Anyway, I know what you mean when you say you alternated from Ruby to Fire Red to Emerald, that's how it happened for me, too.
... By the way, Wichu made a de-cap patch for each Rom (ie, each Rom that is hacked, ie Ruby, Fire Red, Emerald, if I'm not mistaken). You could just use that, rather than doing it all yourself.
I may go with with any of the choices you picked, I'll update it when I get Houndour changed. It may sound dumb; but, I'd rather de-captialize myself, since I'll have to change the dialouge anyways, too.

It is very unusual not having the starters at Level 5. Dont know about the fifth gen to comment. Im planning to stick to the first 350 and/or fakemon if I ever make a hack
Yeah, I thought, I'd make it different. As of right now Zoroa and Zoroark are the only fifth gen Pokémon revealed. All the Pokémon in this game are replaced randomly, so there's replaced Pokémon from Kanto, Johto and Hoenn.

I may add a list on the first post to show the changed Pokémon.

Also, here are the new Tree Tiles I plan on using:
DarkCopperTreeTiles.png

1. HG/SS Tree
2. FR/LG Tree
3. Custom Tree
4. Smaller Custom Tree to replace (bush) tile.

----------------------------------------------------

More updates!

I have finally re-mapped both Yellow City and Silver Path into the game.

PkmnDarkCopper16.png

Small part of Yellow City, also showing the afternoon pallete.

PkmnDarkCopper17.png

A part of Silver Path.

I have also created a new item into the game (I replaced one of the many ???????? Items):
PkmnDarkCopper15.png

Aura Stone, guess who this evolves?

Also, the Psychc starter is now Spoink.

So, the starters are now:
Riolu - Fight
Spoink - Psychc
Zoroa - Dark

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back