• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen [Spoiler]Pokemon World Tournament Discussion

Do you like Pokemon World Tournament?

• Yes! I love this new feature!

Votes: 170 89.5%
  • No, I don't like this new feature!

Votes: 2 1.1%
  • Maybe, I am not sure I like or don't like this new feature.

Votes: 18 9.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
Oh yeah with the music there's lots of different routes they could go. For example, you could have the normal battle theme remixed, remix the gym leader theme of B/W OR have a theme for everyone... or just have it based on region, each region gets its own specific theme song, idk, whichever was the e4 theme song of each region maybe?
Lots of variations. To me, most probable is the remix of their (the individual leader/champion) original theme. 2nd most probable is "each region gets its own specific theme song".
Or they could make a new theme. Game Freak is unpredictable. I'll just put that out there. Well, correction, Junichi Masuda is unpredictable as he composes and, I assume, is the one who places the music (that piece should go there, that creepy music at the cemetery, etc.)

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
I sure hope they add triple battles.
I would make for a unique-never done before experience.
The only gym leaders I see a triple battle happen with are the triplets, unless they do a triple battle feature, which would include all our Pokemon allowed.
Also on the topic of Hoenn gym leaders, it's possible that they will use their old clothes seeing how Jasmine still had her old GS clothes in DPPt before the remakes. I sure hope they show the Johto and Hoenn leaders, so far none have really shown up :(

Years
  • Seen Nov 17, 2012
[SIZE="a"]WOW I would love that.. Talk about a trip down memory lane.. Imagine battling misty only on a DS platform with the latest graphics ect. Wow[/SIZE]

SouKoLian9102

That 1 Kid Who Plays Pokemon
Years
Hopefully they'll bring in ALL the Gym Leaders.I really want to battle Gen 3 GL again...
I'm happy that Blue/Green/Gary is coming back again. He's one of my favourite rivals, after all. Maybe they'll bring in all the previous rivals? (Crosses fingers that Silver will be returning)

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
I sure hope they add triple battles.
I would make for a unique-never done before experience.
I'd find triple battles with gym leaders out of place, actually. Idk how you'd link them together - double battles maybe with those two from Hoenn, but I feel like... that's all that could really fit in more than a single battle.

Years
Yeah Liza and Tate seem to be the only ones that can make the excuse for double battles to be featured.
Also do we get to pick what region we challenge? The scan had all Kanto gym leaders on the bracket plus player (than again only Kanto's have really been featured)

PaxAmericana

Resident Peacekeeper
Years
I also feel they should include all the gym leaders; Kanto, Johto, Hoenn, Sinnoh, and the older gym leaders replaced in B2W2 from BW.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Yeah Liza and Tate seem to be the only ones that can make the excuse for double battles to be featured.
Also do we get to pick what region we challenge? The scan had all Kanto gym leaders on the bracket plus player (than again only Kanto's have really been featured)

I assume the order is pre-set, at least, that's what I take from the word "tornament". So yeah, most likely go to Kanto > Sinnoh.

blue

gucci
Years
I just hope they reveal some more because they've kinda gone quiet on this topic since it's announcement and with only two weeks to the release it's looking kinda set in stone for now.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 11, 2022
I think the main reason I believe the third gen leaders won't be in the Tournament is that because the games came out so long ago. People who never played those games, which is a large percentage of the new players of Pokemon, don't even know those games exist! A lot of people now who play Pokemon start with the fourth generation, and even more are starting with the fifth. It'd really make no sense for them to add the Hoenn Leaders in there. Steven makes sense because he had a mentioning in D/P/Pt, and an actual appearance in HG/SS. I don't see them adding every Gym Leader of yesteryear into the game for nostalgia's sake. I see them adding in the ones that make sense. Brock and Misty were part of the anime and have a gigantic fanbase because of it, Giovanni is the Leader of the notorious Team Rocket, Blue is famous in every game, Volkner had a pretty big role in Platinum as well as the anime, and the rest of the Kanto leaders because we all just played a game that had an appearance of every last one of them. Those Leaders are known.

MrGriszell

Madara
Years
  • Seen Feb 11, 2021
I think the main reason I believe the third gen leaders won't be in the Tournament is that because the games came out so long ago. People who never played those games, which is a large percentage of the new players of Pokemon, don't even know those games exist! A lot of people now who play Pokemon start with the fourth generation, and even more are starting with the fifth. It'd really make no sense for them to add the Hoenn Leaders in there. Steven makes sense because he had a mentioning in D/P/Pt, and an actual appearance in HG/SS. I don't see them adding every Gym Leader of yesteryear into the game for nostalgia's sake. I see them adding in the ones that make sense. Brock and Misty were part of the anime and have a gigantic fanbase because of it, Giovanni is the Leader of the notorious Team Rocket, Blue is famous in every game, Volkner had a pretty big role in Platinum as well as the anime, and the rest of the Kanto leaders because we all just played a game that had an appearance of every last one of them. Those Leaders are known.

With all do respect that reasoning has very little basis, 3rd gen was only 10 years ago. And the majority of pokemon fans aren't new, the majority of us started with gen 1 continuing to gen 2, fell off the wagon around gen3 but got back on when HGSS came out. I started playing pokemon again in 2010 with HG and was able to back track and get the 3rd gen games. So if they dont include Hoenn gym leaders its not because no one would know who they are but because a remake is close on its way.

Years
Perhaps they'll keep the third gen gym leaders a secret for the time being.
Though in all honesty they haven't shown second gen's either...so perhaps they'll saving the rest of gen IV, all of gen's III and II for later. My guess is that the popular kanto leaders will be the first released hence why they show them, and the champs and the all popular Volkner who was referenced in BW.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
It says ALL Gym Leaders and Champions will be included. Hoenn Gym Leaders will be included at a later date. Steven (The Hoenn Champion) IS included in the initial group so Hoenn IS represented in the World Tournament when the games will be released.

Years
Well in that case maybe they won't reveal the rest of Hoenn until remakes to keep their redesign hidden...
I wonder if we will need to get the Unovan gym leaders though events too or if they're automatically there after we finish the league...

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
That would be a good question. It would be awesome for the Unova Leaders (B/W and B2W2) to be involved, though, like how the Generation 5 Pokemon didn't get Dream World abilities during the life of their game, I think they'd prolly be a much later addition/update. They could go in order of Generation since we have Gen 1 Leaders and Champions and so far only Cynthia and Steven are out of that set. Though Lance is technically Johto's Champion so we have 2 to 4's Champions present so far.

Then again, they may not be available if Gym Leaders are Rematchable on their own.

Years
Or perhaps the tournament battles against them will replace rematches...which will be kind of boring seeing how they're restricted to three Pokemon still...
Maybe the Unovan's will be the ones who appear as the standard opponents or the default until you get the others though events.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back