• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Did you ever stop watching the anime?

Years
I stopped watching after the voice actors changed. It was just to much of a difference for me to get into the show anymore. I've been thinking that with the new animation style I might be able to get into b&w and pretend it's a new kid named Ash, but I haven't actually tried yet.

Firox

eepz, come help pwease!
Years
I still watch the anime, just the new episodes when they come out, they are on too early in the morning, and I'm not a morning person, so I wait until the episode is available online to see them. I haven't missed episodes yet, except for the skipped/banned episodes. I have seen the anime since it premiered in the USA in 1998.

Guest123_x1

I stopped watching early into the Hoenn run, primarily because I was starting to get bored with the series. Misty getting replaced with May didn't help the situation, either.

CourageHound

Trust & Courage. Nothing More
Years
I stopped around early black and white....its just....(cant put thoughts into words). But i'm slowly starting to watch it a little more and more, again due to the rising action and rising coolness of the battles and certain scenes.

The Mega Champion

Strategist
Years
Never.

It's one of the few things left on TV that's actually still good.

You see what I did there? I just burned about 99.9% of the shows that air on TV right now currently.

ashketchum23

I love Pokemon!
Years
I have stopped watching Pokemon, and have lost the interest of it, for it was getting too ridiculous. When I was young, I knew Pokemon for it's funny, and adventurous theme. It seemed as if there was a challenge for the protagonist (Ash Ketchum,) and he always had questions, and remarks that lead to more problems. Just by Ash doing that, created humor, and fun. It caused Misty, and Brock to fight, and Ash will try to break the fights, and Ash will then again get into the fights. It was the perfect idea when Pokemon started; the character development and dialog was astonishing/brilliant. Now... it seems like you do not get to know these characters, and if you do, they are full of useless fillers. Pokemon is not what it use to be, and they should have just ended it after Misty left. Not even... long before that. It makes me cry thinking about the times of Pokemon, and looking at it now; oh how much it developed.

Last edited:

imevil

Biggest Scyther Fan
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jun 5, 2016
When Unova started. I didn't like how they tried to change everything, didn't feel the same.

TwilightBlade

All dreams are but another reality.
Years
I stopped watching during early Hoenn. Ash's Pikachu destroyed the main girl's bike.. again... -turns TV off- I figured I wasn't missing out on much. I do watch the movies though. I can handle watching some dozen movies, but not watching hundreds of episodes.

kuzronk

Banned
Years
I stopped watching it much around Hoenn/mid Sinnoh but I have seen a bit since then when I got back into Pokemon.

Aeon.

Carrion
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jun 22, 2016
I started losing interest at the end of Johto. I saw a little bit of the beginning of Hoenn and wasn't all too interested.

-Slick-

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Nov 30, 2017
I've been watching Pokemon since it first aired here in the U.S while I was in the 3rd grade. When I started I loved the series so much I promised myself I would keep watching it till the end. But after the original voice of Ash left it wasn't the same but I still kept watching. But then after Battle Frontier, everything went downhill yet i still tried to hold on. It was like holding on to a burning coal, I tried my best. But when Black and White show was out, they completely butchered everything remaining that I loved. I'm sorry but I just can't. Still a fan, will watch the show too if it's on and I'm channel surfing. But I won't go out of my way to just watch it like how things were before. They completely wiped out his whole past that I grew up with and mutilated his design.

GrimmReaper

Glaceon Lover <3
Years
I watched the series when it first started in the UK and the only reason I stopped watching it is because I felt I had outgrown it by the time I reached Secondary school, around the AG series. I was in such a rush to "grow up" that I abandoned many of the enjoyments of my youth. But being an adult, and having to work and study and pay tax and cook and clean is just so boring. So I decided to become a man-child. I heard the Indigo League theme song one day and suddenly wanted to watch "The Flame Pokemon-athon" episode for the epic moment when Ponyta evolves, and since then I've started watching every episode from the beginning. I'm currently on "A Goldenrod Oppertunity". :)

LividZephyr

Oxymoron, not a moron, thanks
Years
Yes. Around the time of the "Golden Armor" incident. That was it for me. The deus ex machinas, the constant Team Rocket interruptions, the repetitiveness, the boredom... I got tired of it all. It wasn't fun to watch anymore.

When I heard the fandub about a year later, I was glad to have made the decision I did. I still watch some episodes now and then, but really not often. I'll watch the old ones for nostalgia, but honestly, I kind of outgrew it. It just isn't fun to watch anymore, for me anyway.

poopydude

PKMN Master
Years
Stopped watching when they changed the voice actors. I was very angry at that decision but i started to loose interest long before that. As soon as they got rid of Misty the show went down hill IMO. Ash started to become more and more repetitive and dumbed down. I really thought he was on the top of his game back when they hit the Orange Islands. I saw glimpses of that in the Silver Conference but after that it just didnt do it for me anymore

CJBlazer

Rogon, the Ninja Pokemon
Years
i stopped watching when the show reached the DP era. Dawn seriously disgusted me. She was brattish and annoying. I am gradually getting back into it, since Team Roclet has a cool new attitude. I like BW but I hated DP.

Olli

I am still bathing in a summer's afterglow
Years
Eh, I've never really been watching the anime consistently. The first time around, when the first season was aired here, I did watch it pretty much every day a new episode came out, and I hated it whenever I missed one, since at the time I had no way of getting to watch it again, and that went on for most of the first season. But when it reached Hoenn, it just jumped around. They completely skipped the Orange Island season, and they went straight to the middle of Johto from the end, and I kinda lost interest, since I had no idea what the heck was going on and where they even were in the whole thing. Then years passed, and I tried watching it again on TV, and what do you know, they were only in Hoenn. Watched through a few episodes untill they again skipped, directly into the middle of Battle Frontier, from which they showed a few episodes, and when straight to Sinnoh. At that point I completely gave up on it, and discovered some time later I could watch them online ;p From there I watched through a few seasons, but became bored of it from there, and didn't start watching again till they were at the end of the Sinnoh.

So yeah, I've stopped watching it several times, and I'm certain it's a pattern I will keep up.

Treecko

the princess without voice
Years
I stop watching in early DP. I've saw at least the first three DP epsiodes and several other eps after that and stopped completely. I hated the new voice actors for the dub. They sounded really awful in Battle Frontier and after one season of listening to them, I couldn't stand them. While I could of just watched them in Japanese with subs, but wasn't sure where to look and soon forgot about it. I haven't watched the first season of Black and White either cause I hated Iris and Cilan. But then they announced Rival Destinies and I decided to give the anime a chance again. The premiere episode actually ended up being good and convinced me enough to start watching the anime again. I love how Team Rocket a more sinister objective than just stealing Pikachu. So I just recently got back into it and have seen almost every episode of Rival Destinies.

Back