• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Thieves of the Night] Dark-Type Club ☻

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
There's already a dark-type Eeveelution, but would you guys be okay if they'd introduced another?

One's enough! But.. maybe all the eeveelutions will get a mega form sometime, including Umbreon. That'd really be something cool to see. :) I'm getting Houndoom mega design vibes thinking about it~

Years
There's already a dark-type Eeveelution, but would you guys be okay if they'd introduced another?

Nope, I'm actually fine with Umbreon as it is. And Umbreon already looks awesome anyway, but I'd like to see Mega Eeveelutions sometime in the future like Sheep said above. They'd be pretty awesome to see in my opinion.

Zorogami

WUB WUB
Years
i dont think it's likely to happen, but i wouldnt mind at all. I'd love to see an offensive dark-typed eeveelution, although Umbreon is pretty cool as well

Years

Username: AoTora
What do you think of Dark-Type Pokemon: I love them! <3
Your partners: (Up to two): Cacturne and Houndoom.
What Types rule: Dark types do!
Answer the current topic:

Current Topic

Nah I think that one is just enough.

Olli

I am still bathing in a summer's afterglow
Years
I've updated the club with all the new members. If there's anything that isn't right in the list, feel free to PM me about it (specifically name changes, if someone's become a supporter/mod, any mistakes).

And since the club hasn't been moving all that fast lately, how about a new topic? :D

Are there any Pokemon you think should've been/shouldn't be Dark types? Which and why?

Years
Are there any Pokemon you think should've been/shouldn't be Dark types? Which and why?

Probably Sableye, I always felt like it looked way more Ghost than Dark. I'd always think it'd look better as a pure Ghost or with a second type other than Dark. Mega Gyarados as well, since I don't see anything on its design that screams Dark-type other than the black accents on it.

Fernbutter

Murder is the way.
Years
Spoiler:

Lost Lore

From the Shadows
Years

A lot of people have said it, and I agree with them- Luxray should have been Electric/Dark. The fact that it's quite intimidating (even enough to have Intimidate as an ability) and that it learns plenty of Dark moves both via level up and breeding is more than enough.

Persian should definitely have been retyped to Normal/Dark at some point, too. Just look at its level up learnset.

I can't think of a Pokemon that shouldn't have been a Dark-type, though... all of them fit the type rather well, in my opinion.

Gh0stFlame

The Fire/Ghost type pokemon
Years
Username: DJ
What do you think of Dark-Type Pokemon:Dark types can be as sneaky as a Zorua (Get the joke?)
Your partners: Hydreigon (Kage no ryū) Mightyena (Kage no ōkami)
What Types rule: Dark. What are you insane? This is a dark type club.
Answer to topic (If you could have any Dark-type in real life which one would you have and why?): Mightyena because he is a dog and i like dogs. (Can't think of an answer to the current topic... hope this is alright!)

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
In my opinion, Absol shouldn't have been dark. :( Nothing about it reminds me of dark-types, unfortunately. It would've been a lot better if it were either normal or psychic (maybe a combination of both?). Since we have fairy-type now, this could've worked, too. Absol looks very angelic to me, soo... yeah, fairy would have been sort of fitting. Also, I'm on the same boat as everyone in regards to Luxary; it definitely should've re-typed to dark, haha.

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
Sneasel. <3 Seriously love that Pokémon, haha. Would definitely like to see it get a third evolution one day. If they're unable to think of any, then a mega would do just fine!

Lost Lore

From the Shadows
Years
I don't really think Weavile needs an evolution/Mega... while it'd look pretty cool, I'm sure, its stats look good enough to me. Then again, there have been other Pokemon who didn't need Megas who got them anyway, so, who knows, really.

...Although a pre-evo for Sneasel, on the other hand... would be a thing. An adorable thing. Little tiny feathered kitten! Even though I don't really like baby Pokemon taking up space in a regional 'dex...

rom hunter

tongue-tied
Years
VIVA LA DARKNESS!!!

Hi. Here a little intro...
Username: rom hunter
What I think of Dark-Type Pokemon: Coolest! Though I would say same for Grass type.
My partners: Umbreon, Darkrai

Answer to the current topic: Amongst the generations, which has the best Dark-types introduced?

Let me answer statistically.
First I choose best (= my favorite) dark types: Umbreon, Mightyena, Absol, Skuntank, Drapion, Darkrai, Liepard

Now lets see which gen has got how many.
Gen 2: Umbreon
Gen 3: Mightyena, Absol
Gen 4: Skuntank, Drapion
Gen 5: Darkrai, Liepard

So its tie between Gen 3,4,5. Now considering the remaining pokemon it is tough choice between Hoenn & Unova. I will add Nuzleaf (Gen 3), Crawdaunt (Gen3), Scrafty (Gen 5) to the set. I know I've left out some powerful pokemon such as Tyranitar & Hydreigon but that is considering factors such as their availability, evolution levels, mixed type disadvantage etc.

So clearly, for me, Gen 3 is the winner. (If it hadn't been for Darkrai I won't have even given a thought to Gen 5)

Olli

I am still bathing in a summer's afterglow
Years
Club closed at request of the owner. If anyone is interested in running a Dark type club, it's suggested that you start a new one instead.

Ar4VX.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back