• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.

6th Gen Head to the Safari!

BrandoSheriff

Has a tendency to figure things out
Years
I'd like the Safari Zone to come back, but ONLY if it's like Kanto's. Just simple, adventurous, catching with rarer Pokemon being deeper in. No placing stuff in and waiting, no rearranging areas(though it was kinda cool). I also like the throwing bait/rocks. I'd always bait it, and try to catch it. If it missed, I'd throw a rock in frustration. xD

Maybe it could have areas that require an HM to reach that contain its own Pokemon. Or increase the number of steps slightly to maybe 600-650? Like you could pay differently for different levels of "time" you want to spend there: $500 for the Basic Experience(500 steps, 30 balls), $700 for Tourist Experience(700 steps, 45 balls), and $1000 for the Full Experience(1000 steps, 60 balls). It would help those people who just didn't want to leave yet and would have to come right back in.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
It'd be neat if they added in an extra area with non-regional dex Pokemon after the main story, like they did in Emerald. :) I know most of us want a simple gen I style Safari Zone, but you gotta admit, what they did in Emerald was a nice touch!

Venitardus

Breeder
Years
  • Seen Apr 9, 2018
If they bring back the Safari Zone, I hope that they make it like in R/B/Y, and add some rare pokemon. say all the other starters.

curiousnathan

Starry-eyed
Years
I'd love the Safari Zone to return in Generation VI. In saying that, I'd want the actual Safari Zone itself take on a Kanto-esque design. (Large and open landscape).

vaporeon7

My life would suck without you
Years
I'd like a simple, classic Safari Zone to return. No crazy rearranging the place, no mud bogs, no Pokeblocks, just get in, catch stuff, and get out. Simple. :) ...Though if it does come back, I hope I don't find a shiny in there...

I would love a simple Safari Zone as well, like the original one. And like the Hoenn one, only contain non-native Pokémon.

Years
  • Seen Sep 26, 2013
I would like it to return. However, only if we DON'T have to go and find an HM there. It is a lot of searching work and can get really frustrating.

Years
I hope the Safari Zone does return, and I hope it returns with the awesome area switching that we saw in HG/SS.
It just turned the Safari Zone into a more strategic 'game'; you had to have certain areas and certain items around to find certain Pokemon. It was pretty fun. :)

Moist

other in a month When you,
Years
I liked the Pastoria City Safari Zone where you could see what pokemon where available before you went in and you could travel on a train to get to most areas instead of planning your route.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
I would like it to return. However, only if we DON'T have to go and find an HM there. It is a lot of searching work and can get really frustrating.

My favourite part was the HM found there! Well in Kanto at least. idr many other Safari Zones but I certainly enjoyed the hunt for the one in Kanto and the golden teeth. So I hope something along those lines returns really :x

Platinum Lucario

The Legendary Master of [color=#D8D48C]Light[/colo
Years

I'd actually like to have an HM somewhere in the Safari Zone, so then players can get to try out the Safari Zone while being told by one of the important characters in the game that there's someone in there that you need to deliver a letter to or something in which is a required task, then you go into a house and give the letter in exchange for the HM, which requires a Gym Badge that you haven't collected yet.

Years
  • Seen Jan 26, 2013
I would like to see a return of the safari park. Like the old Gen 1 style.

Back