• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Moveset Help & Other Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
Hey guys. What do you think of Cloud Nine Altaria? Do you think it has use?
Any moveset recommendations that involve special moves?

Natural Cure is still Altaria's preferred ability because it lets it shrug off crippling status like burn, paralysis and poison by switching out of battle. If you want to use Special Altaria, use this:
-Draco Meteor
-Fire Blast/Hidden Power (Ground)
-Dragon Pulse/Power Swap
-Rest/Roost
Nature: Modest
EVs: 252 SAtk/4 SDef/252 Spe or 120 HP/252 SAtk/136 Spe
Item: Choice Specs/Life Orb
Ability: Natural Cure

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
Cloud Nine Altaria isn't too bad if you're planning to use it as a way to counter weather teams. In my opinion, if you are aiming for a special-based moveset, then you should probably teach it Draco Meteor, Hidden Power (ground-type), Dragon Pulse, and Rest. You may replace Rest with Fire Blast, but that's entirely up to you. Draco Meteor have the ability to take out a lot of the common Pokémon that sand and rain teams tend to have, such as Flygon and Toxicroak. With Hidden Power, you could defeat a lot of Pokémon that are usually in sunny day teams, like Ninetales and Blaziken. Dragon Pulse allows you to finish off other Pokémon that are in low health. With Rest, you're enabled to go back to full health whenever you feel weak. If you take Fire Blast instead, you could defeat many grass-type that sun teams have, such as Venasaur and Virizion. Oh, and make sure to have this Pokémon hold a set of Choice Specs! Either that, or you could give it an Expert Belt. :)

CloysterOyster

Master of Ice
Years
Pokémon Online trouble

I tried to download the software so I could use it and it gave me a bunch of other garbage I didn't need and gave me malware and spyware that compromised my browser to where I couldn't use it. I had to clean out my laptop of all the threats so I could use the browser again. I was so mad. I still want to play with the Pokémon Online thing but not like before with all the damage that was dealt. Can anyone help me find out how I can access it without all the trouble? Please and thank you.

Years
Most of the users here prefer Pokemon Showdown over Pokemon Online, so you may not get many responses. :x

Try contacting coyotte508 or another administrator on the Pokemon Online forums, they might be able to help you.

Years
Sometimes the extra power of Icicle Crash is better.

I'd say that Chandelure is a good teammate for hail teams in general because of Flash Fire.

Rapid Spin support is also crucial for Hail teams because of their Stealth Rock weakness.

Edit: Azumarill MUST use Huge Power as its ability, as its Attack is VERY weak without the ability. Thick Fat isn't worth considering for it. The next best Thick Fat candidate in UU is Snorlax.

I'll probably breed a Huge Power Azumarill in that case.

I've tried Icicle Crash and it's alright. Setting up with Hone Claws+1 seems to help alleviate the accuracy issue.

I also hear that Snow Cloak is a banned Ability so I'll just use this Beartic for the in-game PWT. Thanks for the tips!

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
I'll probably breed a Huge Power Azumarill in that case.

I've tried Icicle Crash and it's alright. Setting up with Hone Claws+1 seems to help alleviate the accuracy issue.

I also hear that Snow Cloak is a banned Ability so I'll just use this Beartic for the in-game PWT. Thanks for the tips!

The only problem I see with Beartic using Hone Claws is that it's too slow to set up. It's better off all-out attacking.

bleri1200

Bleri
Years
  • Seen Jul 29, 2016
So I just got my shiny dratini from Benga I'm planning on EVing the Dratini and I have a question.

1. Do you think I should focus on Attack or Special Attack, I am going for a solo run beast so my two choices are

a) Ice Punch, Fire Punch, Thunder Punch and Earthquake with a focus on the Attack Stat

b) Flamethrower, Ice Beam, Thunderbolt and Earthquake/Surf with a focus on the Special Attack Stat

Please help (Keep in mind that Dragonites Sp.A=100 & Atk=134

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
So I just got my shiny dratini from Benga I'm planning on EVing the Dratini and I have a question.

1. Do you think I should focus on Attack or Special Attack, I am going for a solo run beast so my two choices are

a) Ice Punch, Fire Punch, Thunder Punch and Earthquake with a focus on the Attack Stat

b) Flamethrower, Ice Beam, Thunderbolt and Earthquake/Surf with a focus on the Special Attack Stat

Please help (Keep in mind that Dragonites Sp.A=100 & Atk=134
Competitive battlers already know Dragonite's base stats

Note that Multiscale is Dragonite's preferred ability (halves damage taken when HP is full) and is superior to Inner Focus in basically every way. It helps Dragonite accomplish things more easily like setting up Dragon Dance. Physical Dragonite is generally preferred, as its Attack is higher than its Special Attack, though it can go mixed or fully special. A Multiscale Dragonite can be encountered at the Route 18 Hidden Grotto, though it's rare:
-Dragon Dance
-Outrage
-Fire Punch
-Roost/Earthquake/ExtremeSpeed
Nature: Adamant/Jolly
EVs: 252 Atk/4 SDef/252 Spe
Item: Leftovers/Lum Berry

or
-Substitute
-Dragon Dance
-Dragon Claw
-Roost
Nature: Jolly
EVs: 252 HP/72 Def/60 SDef/124 Spe
Item: Leftovers

or
-Hurricane
-Aqua Tail/Superpower
-Thunder
-ExtremeSpeed/Earthquake/Roost
Nature: Mild
EVs: 76 Atk/252 SAtk/180 Spe
Item: Life Orb
(note this Dragonite set and the next two sets below it has to be used in Rain teams only)

or
-Hurricane
-Dragon Tail
-Thunder
-Roost
Nature: Calm
EVs: 252 HP/4 SAtk/252 SDef
Item: Leftovers

or
-Agility
-Hurricane
-Thunder
-Aqua Tail/Superpower/Surf
Nature: Mild/Rash/Modest
EVs: 4 Atk/252 SAtk/252 Spe
Item: Life Orb

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
I have seen sets in Smogon like this 4HP/252Atk/252Spd

What i wanna know is why invest in HP and not in Def or SpDef.

Investing in HP first gives better overall bulk than investing in defenses exclusively. However, defensive Pokemon with insanely high HP stats like Blissey or Wobbuffet, can get away with investing mostly in defenses.

Years
I'm breeding for a triple perfect Wobbuffet at the moment, I left a 31 HP & 31 Def Male(holding a Power Weight) and a Relaxed nature 31HP & 31 Sp. Def Female(holding Lax Incense). Is there any other way for me to get a triple perfect with a desired nature instead of hatching eggs until I get the right one?

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
I'm breeding for a triple perfect Wobbuffet at the moment, I left a 31 HP & 31 Def Male(holding a Power Weight) and a Relaxed nature 31HP & 31 Sp. Def Female(holding Lax Incense). Is there any other way for me to get a triple perfect with a desired nature instead of hatching eggs until I get the right one?

With your current method, I'm afraid repeatedly hatching eggs is the way to go.

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen May 13, 2022
"There appears to be a problem with your Pokemon, and they could not participate".

Hello everyone,

I have a problem with Black 2.
Every time I want to do Random Matchup or Battle Subway (Wifi), I get the message; "There appears to be a problem with your Pokemon, and they could not participate". I know this problem already appeared on this forum a few years ago, but just like the whole Internet, there is no solution that I'm looking for.
I do not have hacked Pokémon, I caught my whole team by myself and only.
All my Pokemon have their standard abilities, and are holding the right items.
My Pokemon do not have a hacked move set, nor they have Sky Drop or Gravity.

Just posting my team for you;
Hydreigon
Metagross
Venusaur
Blissey
Gyarados
Nidoking.

Hydreigon and Metagross are the only ones I have caught in Unova. The rest have been migrated from Pearl.

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
Hydreigon and Metagross are the only ones I have caught in Unova. The rest have been migrated from Pearl.

The migration from Pokémon Pearl is the thing that might be causing this issue, possibly. Since you haven't caught those Pokémon from Unova, your game is detecting them to be hacked, even though they really aren't. D:

Ugh, finally I got the triple perfect Wynaut :D

Is 4 HP/252Def/252SpDef a good EV spread for him?

Are you planning to evolve your Wynaut? If you are, then that seems like a good EV spread to me. You could try giving it some extra HP EVs if you like though, but that's entirely up to you. If you don't want to evolve Wynaut, and plan to use it with Eviolite, then you should take some EVs away from its Defense and Special Defense, maybe, and put them into its Speed stat.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
Ugh, finally I got the triple perfect Wynaut :D

Is 4 HP/252Def/252SpDef a good EV spread for him?

28 HP/232 Def/248 SDef with a Bold or Calm nature is the way to go with Wobbuffet. For Wynaut itself, use Bold with 152 Def/136 SDef/220 Spe, Timid with 12 HP/252 Def/244 Spe or Timid with 16 HP/120 Def/120 SDef/252 Spe.

Griffinbane

I hate Smeargle.
Years
Hello everyone,

I have a problem with Black 2.
Every time I want to do Random Matchup or Battle Subway (Wifi), I get the message; "There appears to be a problem with your Pokemon, and they could not participate". I know this problem already appeared on this forum a few years ago, but just like the whole Internet, there is no solution that I'm looking for.
I do not have hacked Pokémon, I caught my whole team by myself and only.
All my Pokemon have their standard abilities, and are holding the right items.
My Pokemon do not have a hacked move set, nor they have Sky Drop or Gravity.

Just posting my team for you;
Hydreigon
Metagross
Venusaur
Blissey
Gyarados
Nidoking.

Pearl is what triggered my suspicion. I suggest you get your team hack checked by someone in trade corner or you can do it yourself via pokecheck. It's possible that at some point during or before the migration, one or more of your pokemon lost trash bytes in its name or something and that's what's causing the game to flag your team. I don't know for certain because I never tried using 'mon with missing trash bytes in PWT but I /do/ have several Pokemon that lost trash bytes and I still don't know how it happened to this day.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back