• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[QUESTION] Seamless map transition.

[_DarkDragon_]

FireDance Trainer
Years
Hi, I wanna do a seamless map transition like in the gb, gba, nds games with RMXP, I was looking at the ruby code and it seems I can access a whole map in ruby, is there a way to make it so like if I'm going from one city to a route, I can show the route above the city before loading the route map (and the other way around), then just use a teleport but make it look like the hero walked from one to the other?

Mrchewy

nom nom nom
Years
I really don't know how, but Pokémon Essentials has this feature. If you're working on a Pokémon game for RMXP, then you really should be using that.

[_DarkDragon_]

FireDance Trainer
Years
Thanks, I took a look at the code but I can't quite understand what handles the map transitions. Unlike most people I don't like to use stuff other people made and since I'm trying to learn RGSS I wanna do it myself :P

Years
  • Seen Aug 10, 2015
The script that allows seamless connection of maps is found in the script section PokemonMap in Pokemon Essentials. It's called PokemonMapFactory and manages multiple maps at a time.

DarkPegasus

~ Stargazer ~
Years
You can do it with simple events.
When you create a teleport event, make a conditional branch and make it if hero is facing (left/right/up/down) if yes then make the screen transition none, then make a move hero event (in direction of facing) then teleport, if no - nothing. Please note: by doing this you'll have to make your maps longer, because they will need to have parts of the map you are teleporting to, so that it would seem seamless.

Back