• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

2012 Survivor's Party @ Drakow's House

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr. X

It's... kinda effective?
Years
Mah, unlike some people I'm fine with my name.

But still, I've read a complaint by a staff member, somewhere around here (Can't remember the topic) about the server issues being from a lack of funds. You might call it complaining, but I call it forcefeeding them ideas to make more money so they can (try to) improve the site.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
Hasn't it been more than a week? I could just be really really bad at time though.

droomph

weeb
Years
yeh I dunno lol
I would appreciate you not passing judgement on my teammates and I without understanding the full story. It'd be super cool if you would just accept that we want to offer name change as much as people want them. If it were a possibility, it'd be happening.

oh and I tried to help too but I don't know anything so maybe contribute some crazy ideas?

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
There's an unlike button! But only if you already liked something. And it makes you feel bad. :(

Ice Car

Banned
Years
Wait, so I was confused at first. I think I got it now though.

Before there was an update for PC that added a name change feature, and it allowed people to change their names but it broke the site. Those that changed their names during this time period got it changed back, correct?

I really don't understand why people are so bitter about this. They tried adding it and unfortunately they couldn't get it to work. It's better than them just ignoring people's requests for such a feature. It's not like they took away the feature after a long time of having it, they added a feature briefly and removed it. Big ****ing deal. Stop complaining. Just create a new account under a new username. They allow you to do that here unlike on other forums, that's more than others allow you to do.

You'll have to forgive me if I don't fully understand the situation and am in fact babbling about something I don't fully understand unnecessarily.

Mr. X

It's... kinda effective?
Years
lol I would have noticed. is there a dislike button?

no, not yet at least. Audy has more ~secret government projects~ to tackle before he gets to it I think.

Horray, spending time rehashing something we had in the past, and was removed.

Really. If that is what is planned, then its going to be a cheap knock-off of the Rep system. Seriously, this + post comments = stripped down rep system.

Edit - Forum is so big because of all the junk/useless data we keep. The PM system has a pm limit to limit junk data, VM system lacks this. And, we also keep most/all of the permabanned accounts. Pure trash data, waste of resources that could be better used elsewhere.

Edit - Speaking of junk data, I've got ~200 pm's. Dating back to 06. And I'm sure that there are others with the same exact thing. The PM system has the option to backup pm's in text form, and any very important ones can be saved as screenshots.

Basically, we need a yearly wipe of the pm and vm systems. Might as well make it full circle, and include the old post comments as well. (Edit - And the permabanned accounts)

While the wiping could take the forums offline for a while, removing the junk data would be helpful long term.

Last edited:

Yoshikko

the princess has awoken while the prince sleeps on
Years
  • Seen Apr 27, 2020
Horray, spending time rehashing something we had in the past, and was removed.

Really. If that is what is planned, then its going to be a cheap knock-off of the Rep system. Seriously, this + post comments = stripped down rep system.

Edit - Forum is so big because of all the junk/useless data we keep. The PM system has a pm limit to limit junk data, VM system lacks this. And, we also keep most/all of the permabanned accounts. Pure trash data, waste of resources that could be better used elsewhere.

it seems a sort of milder version of the rep system because you can only basically unlike something, not dislike it.

Yoshikko

Years
  • Seen Apr 27, 2020
I dont think we need a dislike button, that would just be bad.

it depends on how mature people can be and whether people can handle it, it's not really sad though. a like button means less when there is no dislike button because there are less options, but it's a nice addition nonetheless.

Mr. X

It's... kinda effective?
Years
it seems a sort of milder version of the rep system because you can only basically unlike something, not dislike it.

As I said, stripped down version of the rep system.

Personally, I'm hoping we get a '**** you' button. I'm willing to bet that most of those clicks would be to me.

Yoshikko

Years
  • Seen Apr 27, 2020
As I said, stripped down version of the rep system.

Personally, I'm hoping we get a '**** you' button. I'm willing to bet that most of those clicks would be to me.

yes only you put it in a negative light which it isn't necessarily. anyways i lost my interest in this conversation when the name changes came up so i'll be going now. it's a freaking pokemon forum i don't think people should care as much as they do about "fairness"

goodnight

Ice Car

Banned
Years
yes only you put it in a negative light which it isn't necessarily. anyways i lost my interest in this conversation when the name changes came up so i'll be going now. it's a freaking pokemon forum i don't think people should care as much as they do about "fairness"

goodnight
Did you just like your own post...?

I'm sorry, but really?

Mr. X

It's... kinda effective?
Years
I was saddened when I saw that (Not), but now I feel better . :)

Haha.

We really need to remove the option to like your own post. Imo, its redundant. It's your post, ofc your going to like it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back