• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

gotta go fast

Her

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen yesterday
When you get a text, do you reply quickly? Or do you tend to just do it whenever you want, at your own leisure?
btw patchisou yutohru you don't need to post in this thread because i'll just say here that you don't reply quickly at all

Gyardosamped

entering snake habitat
Years
It really depends on who I'm texting and what the actual text is about. I usually answer quickly, but sometimes I'll forget if I'm busy. In all honesty, though, it really depends on what the text is about. Some require more thought than others, lol.

droomph

weeb
Years
If I manage to pay attention long enough, I'll usually reply somewhat quickly, or at most just enough time for me to come up with something to write about.

Sweets Witch

I just love ham jerky.
Years
I went a couple of years without a phone, so I'm still trying to pick up on this whole "phone etiquette" thing. I should answer all texts I get ASAP, but there are times when I'll wait a few hours hoping that the person who texted me doesn't want to have a full conversation. I dunno, I'm generally bad at phone etiquette as a whole.

Bounsweet

Fruit Pokémon
Years
  • Seen Sep 17, 2018
My reply time difference is pretty dramatic, unfortunately D:

Sometimes I can reply within a couple seconds and sometimes it can take like... a couple days.

Yusshin

♪ Yggdrasil ♪
Years
lol my phone's speakers are broken so I can't even know when people are texting me :\

I used to reply a.s.a.p. but now I can't, since I don't even know when I've been texted lololol

Kura

twitter.com/puccarts
Years
Depends on what I'm doing.. like if I'm at work, I'll obviously wait for breaks and whatnot. Usually I reply soonafter I see the message unless, like I said, I'm preoccupied (or don't have reception.)

Years
I might take ages to reply, because I often don't know what to say/need to think about it (usually when people ask me to go somewhere). Sometimes I even take a few days to reply. For some reason I never feel like replying instantly...

Honest

Hi!
Years
Considering this thread deals primarily with phones and texting, which is a tech topic, I'm moving this to Technology and The Internet.

-moved.

To answer the question, though, immediately. Unless I'm distracted or running errands or something.

Years
If I can I try to respond instantly, it feels weird if I reply to a text that was sent hours ago. If I've left my phone somewhere or I honestly don't have time to reply instantly I'll do it asap and usually send an apology with it too because I'm such a nice guy and all that.

Cordelia

Banned
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Nov 21, 2014
I always reply to a text as soon as possible. I'm kind of OCD about it. xD

Sableye~

Back to PC~
Years
  • Seen Jan 4, 2018
I usually don't text, honestly. On the rare occasion that someone does text me, I usually reply right away, unless I'm busy.

Varion Bluefire

A.K.A The Glitch
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 3, 2015
Depends who it is.

If it' my girlfriend, you bet ya damn mind i'll text quicker than sonic the hedgehog can run. <3

If it's anyone else, it's just ...eh. Later.

Clacla

karp karp karp
Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Mar 15, 2017
If I don't feel like moving my arms I won't reply.

Lol

It depends on the content of the text, if I need to think about it, I wait a while, but if it's just random conversation I reply as fast as my fingers can type.

Back