• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Y.Z.: Definitions and Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

parallelzero

chelia.blendy
Years

Y.Z.: Definitions and Discussion

Since the version of Earth in the year 200Y.Z. is a product of my imagination, there is very little aide when it comes to everyone figuring out every single aspect of the world. Therefore, I made this thread for that purpose, on top of discussion. Occasionally, I will update this thread with new explanations giving insight to the world. Also, if you need help or clarification in regards to a certain aspect, you can ask it here, on top of discussing the RP with others.

Updates

• July 17th: "Mahstion - An Explanation"

Mahstion - An Explanation

Mahstion is one of the greatest resources available to humankind in the year 200Y.Z. Originally starting out as a total myth, it was officially identified in the year 175Y.Z. by the scientist, Dr. Galenos Frederick. Dr. Frederick was the first human being to ever tap into the power. Of course, Carn was quick to label it as a blessing of Tylonstus, while Tealia had no possible explanation for it's origin or purpose. Eventually, it was found that almost anyone, wings or not, was capable of tapping into the mystical power. Mahstion soon became a popular topic in all of the laboratories across the world, and a few important fact were established.

First of all, mahstion was divided into six different types, all of which were based around a different element. There was Lionus, the light element, Dation, the dark element, Fionus, the fire element, Wation, the water element, Wionus, the wind element, and Eionus, the earth element. It was also found that a person only has the capacity for one type of mahstion, and the mahstion one possesses is not one of choice. Every type of mahstion has an opposite, and the user is in turn, weak against the mahstion opposite to what they use. The three sets of opposites are as follows: Lionus and Dation, Fionus and Wation, Wionus and Eionus.

While humans can channel mahstion, it is also everywhere. In the air, water, the light, and even the darkness, mahstion is there. When a human channels it, however, it takes on a physical form. Some machines are capable of drawing the energy from mahstion in the air to run.

While Fionus, Wation, Wionus, and Eionus have self explanatory capabilities (manipulating fire, water, wind, and earth), Lionus and Dation are not as clear. Lionus and Dation users have the ability to create a type of energy based off of their type, and can also manipulate the light or darkness for various purposes, such as creating illusions.

Today, mahstion is used almost everywhere, although applied in certain areas. The armed forces for most nations are almost always looking for new mahstion users to recruit, for it is now a common combat practice. Wionus is often used among Sky Pirates because of it's ability to help keep ships and other flying machines in the air. Fionus is more commonly used for helping in the creation of tools and machines, while Wation is commonly used among farmers and towns in the midst of a drought, and Eionus is used for shifting and moving land, often in construction and landscaping. Lionus is used as an energy source for lights and machines, while Dation is used primarily by the armies for combat uses. Of course, these are only examples.

Not everyone can freely use mahstion. Some take longer to tap into the ability, while some never acquire it at all. In truth, only about half of the world's population can use mahstion. In the cases of some people, an object may be required as a form of portal to bring out their mahstion, while others can use the power just by thinking about it. It varies from person to person. Some even have specialized items called Mahstion crayms that amplify their power. The problem with this is that it places a huge amount of strain on the human body. Crayms are in the form of a small, blood red pill, and last for up to thirty minutes.

Loki

x
Years
  • Seen Apr 4, 2024
Are there, like, specific cities in Taelia, Carn, Beta, Alta, Gregar, etc?

Or does everyone just live? ^^;

Ullion

[color=#00cc99][i]Simic Synthesis[/i][/color]
Years
Wait, I don't follow the weaknesses part. Is fire weak to water, and water weak to fire? Sorry, but that part confused me.

And I might join in, but I have commitment problems. x:

Alter Ego

that evil mod from hell
Years
Aaaand the UFO Faewyn has made her entry. So yeah, I hope I didn't take too many liberties with that post? I just wanted an excuse to have her barge into the house. xD Lance is - of course - a 100% dispensable NPC created purely on a whim. Also, when typing that post I realized that I had forgotten the logistical side of things, so I've added a few things to Faewyn's appearance. :3

Anyways, seconding Jyukai's question on the cities and towns: are there any names we should be aware of or are they all just lumped as 'part of the country'? Also, are there any special figures of speech or stereotypies around? Those could be fun to play with. ^^ Oh, and just as a final question: in the hypothetical situation that an outsider would happen to intrude on a Carn holy site (and be snooping for information on the ritual sacrifice as well) what would happen to that hypothetical someone? :3

Also, there's something that just struck me. Compare this:

Yours truly said:
To Faewyn, the world is like a gloriously complicated machine and she wastes no time in trying to pick it apart to see what makes it tick.

With this:

To her, the world and the people that live in it are no more than complex machines, and she wastes no effort in trying to dismantle them to see what makes them tick.

Am I the only one who's seeing a striking similarity? I'd feel a lot better if that was replaced with some interchangeable phrase, 'cause honestly the way it looks now is like that one sentence was just copy-pasted and quickly edited, which is silly because the profiles are completely different otherwise.

Last edited:

Jack O'Neill

Banned
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jul 15, 2015
*momentary lapse in judgement* If that passage is really that irksome, I'll replace the offending phrase with something else.

parallelzero

chelia.blendy
Years
You two can sort that one out. XD
As for cities and such, I'm going to sketch up a map tomorrow and add it into here. My drawing may suck, but it could help!

I haven't thought of any particulars, but those from the Underneath are stereotypically dirty and no good. Actually, a lot of insults in the upper lands revolve around dissing those of the Underneath.

Alter Ego

that evil mod from hell
Years
*momentary lapse in judgement* If that passage is really that irksome, I'll replace the offending phrase with something else.

That's much appreciated, thank you. :3

Anyways, what about the predicament of the hypothetical sacrilege-committing person? *Pokes last post* Is it okay to assume that something very very nasty would be in order?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back