• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

I am making an RMXP pkmn starterkit and I've got a question for you.

Would you use the descripted starterkit?(read starting post)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

DeM0nFiRe

Running for Supreme Ruler :)
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Feb 8, 2022
So I know how to make a very serviceable RMXP pokemon starter kit but there's just one problem. The problem is that it would be very tedious for you to use. You would have to make seperate switches and variables for each pokemon but the fruits of your labors would be a fully working pokemon game. So the question I have for you is would you actually bother to use the starterkit, even if it took alot of boring, tedious work? thank you very much for letting me know wether i should continue with this kit.

Glitchfinder

Let's all get along, please?
Years
So I know how to make a very serviceable RMXP pokemon starter kit but there's just one problem. The problem is that it would be very tedious for you to use. You would have to make seperate switches and variables for each pokemon but the fruits of your labors would be a fully working pokemon game. So the question I have for you is would you actually bother to use the starterkit, even if it took alot of boring, tedious work? thank you very much for letting me know wether i should continue with this kit.

I'd definately use it! I mean, I have been able to handle tedious work like inputting names and stuff for years, so this would be nothing. Besides, I think it would be a good idea to leave some of the work for the user of your starter kit, instead of doing it all yourself.

~Azura

Alright, purple is good.
Years
  • Seen Jun 21, 2012
I wouldn't... what's really the point of doing your systems in RMXP with events and switches? I would understand if it was made for Rm2k3, but not for XP.

It may be just me, but there are better options than "boring, tedious work" of copying and pasting...

Years
  • Seen Nov 13, 2007
Yo, you have to work hard to reap rewards, am I right? More work you put into it the better you will like the out come. Nothing in life comes easy, and being a game designer means tedious work all the time. Programming is as tedious as it gets, trust me ^^ Well, I have voiced my opionion, may those who wish not to work mock us as we make much better games than them. Just be sure to add an example of what we are suppose to do. Well, good luck!!

-Blue-

DeM0nFiRe

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Feb 8, 2022
To Azura: I see where u r coming from but have u ever tried to program the systems neccessary? There really is a reason why noone has done it yet.(unless someone has. correct me please if someone has.)

To Blueboy: Don't worry, there will be no problem knowing what u r supposed to do to make the games. it's just what you have to dop won't always be as fun as mapping or making up pokemon.

O.G. Duke

a.k.a OmegaGroudon
Years
  • Seen May 18, 2016
Will yours starter kit contains pokedex,battle system and pokemon capturing system?

~Azura

Alright, purple is good.
Years
  • Seen Jun 21, 2012
To Azura: I see where u r coming from but have u ever tried to program the systems neccessary? There really is a reason why noone has done it yet.(unless someone has. correct me please if someone has.)

First, I suggest you to read this thread, if you don't mind: http://www.pkmncommunity.com/showthread.php?t=78774

I understand that many things appear to be doable, but sometimes the level of complexity of one of the systems (as you may've read in the thread I suggested) will just be too much to be handled by events. That's why Blizzy made a mix of Events and Scripts, what ended up being a complete mess, but was a good shot at the whole new situation created by Rmxp, where you could use something more powerful than events to do whatever you wanted to do.

IMHO there's a reason why no one has ever finished projects like that: because they insist their hard work using events will be rewarded in the end, which I disagree. However, like I said before, I would use it if it was made for Rm2k3.

Anyway, despite of all the things I've said, I wish you good luck if you're willing to make this. It will be, for sure, a great step for the Game Development.

Oh, and I've tried to code the systems for quite some time now. I've got pretty much everything covered, as you may see in Pkmn Metropolis' thread.

DeM0nFiRe

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Feb 8, 2022
I think u r not understanding what I plan on doing azura. if enough ppl say they will use my starterkit i will finish it then u will see what i mean

Years
  • Seen Nov 13, 2007

To Blueboy: Don't worry, there will be no problem knowing what u r supposed to do to make the games. it's just what you have to dop won't always be as fun as mapping or making up pokemon.

I got ya, no prob. Need any battle sprites?

DeM0nFiRe

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Feb 8, 2022
i will definately use it coz im useless at making graphics

umm... actually i wasn't planning on making the sprites for you. at least not at first. I'll prolly release it first without the sprites and release sprite packs later.

Years
I think u r not understanding what I plan on doing azura. if enough ppl say they will use my starterkit i will finish it then u will see what i mean

DemonFire, I would like to ask how far are you in completing this? Or, how far are you now? Because I was making one too, but, for me, I was just putting all the items/pokémon/other stuff in it, then making a game myself.

But, I would like to know if you started, and if you have, then how far are you into this? Because many people have tried, and gave up either because they lost interest, or because of people spamming "wen i can downlood??" etc.

But, I will support you all the way, and wish you luck!

DeM0nFiRe

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Feb 8, 2022
I've actually completed it like 90% in my head(as in i know exactly how im gonna do it) but i havent started is physically yet. Im gonna start when this poll ends on Mar 23. I know there'll be "can i download" |\|008s but ill live. :)

DeM0nFiRe

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Feb 8, 2022
Thanks alot Razmaster, Maybe I can Have you be a beta tester...

DeM0nFiRe

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Feb 8, 2022
Ya np, i already also got azura as a beta tester.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back