• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Countdown to X and Y: Released Everywhere Now!

Status
Not open for further replies.

waveguidebuizel

weirdguybuizel
Years
Ohh, so real-world locations. Wow, that's awesome! Though according to your spoiler tag, mine should have a continental pattern, as I live in Colorado. Weirdly appropriate that mine is high plains though, since I'm a Californian. Though I'm pretty sure I set my location to Colorado; I even bought my 3DS here.

Gogoat Rocks!

The Hype is Real
Years
Yeah it's pretty cool I gotta say. A neat feature that seems to encourage more use of the GTS and stuff. My beloved Australians get the River Pattern!

These are all the ones revealed so far:
Spoiler:

That's Just awesome. :)
so we people in Australia only get the river pattern?
that pattern looks pretty amazing.

Years
That's Just awesome. :)
so we people in Australia only get the river pattern?
that pattern looks pretty amazing.

Yeah it's a pretty interesting one. Not the best of the bunch but the tan and blue mix is pretty cute.

Here's a closer look at it, courtesy of someone's Instagram pic:
Spoiler:

JP

wut?
Years
  • Age 33
  • USA
  • Seen Dec 13, 2019
I've seen a male Espurr, but didn't capture it :$
I can find one for you, so we can trade.

Sorry, I didn't see your post. I finally found one and it's evolved since then. Thank you though!

Has anyone made it to Shalour City yet? I think I'm in love with that soundtrack. My favorite city song since... ever I think.

JP

wut?
Years
  • Age 33
  • USA
  • Seen Dec 13, 2019
wow!
On serebii it says that to evolve Inkay, at level 30 rotate the 3DS upside-down upon level up.
does anyone think that's kinda weird and awesome?

Haha yeah, it's creative and definitely interesting. It's a little less surprising at this point to most of us since that was one of the earlier things to leak about the game a few months back. :(

DynalMaestro

Eater Of Worlds
Years
I just beat Clemont,you need to be careful whenbyou battle him,his Magneton knows mirror move and it one hit KOed my Tyrantrum

Also in a town called Laverre Town you can talk to a hex maniac and she gives you Gengarite

Last edited:

Princess Diana

the people's princess
Years
  • Seen Oct 9, 2023
Out of curiosity, am I the only one who isn't easily lost going through Lumiose City? xD;

I was at first, but now I find it OK. I think the thing that catches me out the most is the rotating camera angles and the side streets.

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen May 13, 2022
Ugghh, the most irrelevant nature for my Eevee; Brave. I want it to evolve into Sylveon.
Good reason to use Super Training.

The gap between 1st and 2nd gym is just way too big. But it is better than Black/White, which the next town is where the next gym is.

Years
Haha yeah, it's creative and definitely interesting. It's a little less surprising at this point to most of us since that was one of the earlier things to leak about the game a few months back. :(

wow!
On serebii it says that to evolve Inkay, at level 30 rotate the 3DS upside-down upon level up.
does anyone think that's kinda weird and awesome?

Well I already knew about this evolution method thanks to that PokeBeach leaker but still I love how interesting this one is and I'm still a bit disappointed most of the Kalos Pokemon seem to be dominated with level-up evolutions once again.

JP

wut?
Years
  • Age 33
  • USA
  • Seen Dec 13, 2019
Ugghh, the most irrelevant nature for my Eevee; Brave. I want it to evolve into Sylveon.
Good reason to use Super Training.

The gap between 1st and 2nd gym is just way too big. But it is better than Black/White, which the next town is where the next gym is.
I rather like the large gap between gyms. Makes exploring a bit more fun. I also didn't feel the need to rush so much.

I was at first, but now I find it OK. I think the thing that catches me out the most is the rotating camera angles and the side streets.
Yeah. It's such a large city. The NPC's were kidding when they said it's easy to get lost lol. I agree that it probably has a lot to do with the rotating camera angles. It's almost too strenuous to explore it all.

Years
That's what I kinda don't like about Lumiose City is the rotating camera angles.. gets really confusing especially with skates equipped, but maybe that's just me :\

Kyrul

Long Live The Note
Years
Lumiose city sucks. The fairy city is awesome though. The music in that place makes me not want to leave.

CoffeeDrink

GET WHILE THE GETTIN'S GOOD
Years
Eleven hours in, koffi~

And I haven't even beat the second Gym yet. I am just loving the game. There is just so much to do and see, that it's staggering. The super training is a great feature, and the mia [?] feature is fun with its mini-games as well.

The new berry system seems like it's going to be a sight to behold as there is 36 plots to mess around with (no more running around looking for random patches of dirt)!

The mass amounts of Pokemon in different patches of grass are interesting too, as I think this is the first time I've played a Pokemon game where there is ten different types in an area of tall grass. I haven't tried hoard modes yet, but I'm just having a blast with everything else.

The clothes shops change daily (that's cool) and can easily drain my pockets of cash. The GTS features are much improved along with gameplay mechanics and organization options.

I haven't even turned on my copy of Y yet, but I'm just lost in the sea of amazement that this game brings to the table. I think it's quickly becoming my favorite out of the entire series, as it's just a beautiful way to watch Pokemon battles. I'll give this five out of five for being just the way it is, koff~

Years
Since I live in a time zone one hour behind of Nintendo's, I got the game at 11:00 pm but the page took to long to load and my internet was being the crappy internet it is so it took an hour. The game is amazing but I've already beat it. Not much of a post game but I do recommend it.

Lucky for me last Sunday I got the last Pokémon X and Y 3DS XL from my Wal-Mart. Boy was I glad. I played a nuzlocke of Pokémon White 2 while waiting. Heres a tip guys, when waiting for a new game to come out play the old ones nuzlocke mode. Unless its a good save file with all the legends and a lot of shinies and level one hundreds. My mistake. -_-

*Riolu Master*

The Aura Within
Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen Jul 13, 2016
I've been playing Pokemon X a lot lately and I really think it's the best Pokemon game yet.
Well for one. I used to hate battling trainers in the other versions cause they were so boring. But in X, I walk up to every trainer cause of the new 3d battling style.
I'm gonna be taking breaks now and then cause.... I almost have 18 hours in soo....
Only 2 more gyms!

ProjectMisfit

The fear of an inconceivable ending.
Years
I'm enjoying everything really. No complaints, as of gym 2. Also, are we getting an emblem? I thought I read somewhere about the possibility of getting one here x3

Years
I'm enjoying everything really. No complaints, as of gym 2. Also, are we getting an emblem? I thought I read somewhere about the possibility of getting one here x3

I remember getting an emblem for contributing to the 5th Gen section a while back, I bet Joe and Shivi will have something up their sleeve and eventually come up with an emblem to give to X/Y contributors. But you know, I'm hoping to one day become a wi-fi trader when I get my X and Y games if the connections for my 3DS XL are good (I once attempted this on my DS Lite during 5th Gen but got a stupid "fail to connect" message) so I can trade with everyone here. And given the fact that I found out River Pattern Vivillon doesn't seem to appear in any country other than Australia I'll be happy to get loads of them and trade a River Pattern Vivillon to anyone who needs them!

Guy

just a guy
Years
The days have gone and the clock has run out. The games are here and we're here to play.

RIP Countdown thread. You shall be missed!

PS. Those emblems shall be passed out, but between life, playing X and Y, and the forum, I'll tackle them sometime this week and have an admin upload them so Suicune or I can get them out to everyone who participated here. Thanks for making the past twelve days counting down so much fun!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back