• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Animal Lovers Association

Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen today
I'm hoping we'd see more animal related commercials this weekend! I'm required to write a report on three ads during the super bowl, and I'm gonna try to catch at least 3 of them and write how animals are being used as marketing tools. xD
Did you see the one from Budweiser with the dog and horse? I have no idea what that was about aside from that, but my Twitter feed was talking about it a lot.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
Instant reaction towards that commercial:

43596-adventure-time-my-feels-gif-JbPi.gif

It's just.....AHHHH THAT IS THE BEST COMMERCIAL IN THE HISTORY OF ANIMAL COMMERCIALS. Like, now I want a horse. I cried at the end when the horses wanted the guy to surrender the puppy to them. It's just....omg feels man.

For those who haven't seen it, it's in the spoiler. Get a tissue box while you're at it.

Spoiler:

Another favorite of mine is the Audi "Doberhuahua" commercial.

Spoiler:

Venitardus

Breeder
Years
  • Seen Apr 9, 2018
The horse one is cute.

And the doberhuahua is scary looking. I know it's computer generated, but still it's scary.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
Those actually remind me of the 2002 Scooby Doo movie. I believe they were derived from the same computerized models to create that doberhuahua. Scary, yes. Funny, also yes. xD

scast.jpg

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
Extremely late, but I'll join; I'm a huge fan of animals, woo. <3

Hi, y'all! I'm Nymphadora, but if you want, you're free to refer to me as Ashley. When I was a kid, we used to have four pets in our house: one dog, two cats, and a hamster. We loved them dearly, and treated them as our own family members, because, well, they were one! The cats were actually quite shy, and would hide underneath bed, tables, sofas, and other stuff whenever we had guests over. If you got to know them, though, they'd be extremely friendly to you. One was female, and the other was male, they were white and brown respectively.

The dog we had was German shepherd, and he'd stay mostly outdoors. Only time you'd ever see him inside is when it's time for a meal. Used to be sort of scared of him, but he was a gentleman, though. He'd never do anything to you unless you hurt him. He did scratch my feet once, which caused it to bleed, but that was a totally my fault--if I had handled him more carefully, this wouldn't have happened. As far as our hamster is concerned--she was pretty cute!

Currently, we only have a cat, and her name's Bailey. Got her two weeks before the other two passed away; she was only a kitten back then. She's quite troublesome right now, but once she matures up more, we may get another cat. That, or a puppy. Personally, I'd really like it if we went with the latter option. n__n

Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen today
That Budweiser commercial is going to make me cry. Then I made the wrong decision and looked at the Youtube comments. Now I'm just...ugh.

Ashley, your comment about your kitten maturing sounds like something I said when I got my two kittens. The entire family was just waiting for them to grow up so the house wouldn't be so destroyed. Nova, the tabby cat, is a little more quieter now that she's two-years-old and about to turn three. My Siamese, Pretzel, is still absolutely crazy even though she's the same age. She's still as playful and insane as she was as a kitten, but now she has the body strength to get into even more trouble.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
i had them disabled.

Welcome to the group, Ashley! A bit late but it's better than never. :D My two cats do get along with our oldest dog, Abby. Right now Miki, my youngest, hasn't gotten along with my little chihuahua Bentley yet. Your description for your kitty is spot on for Miki right now. She's 4 years old and still acts like a kitten sometimes. Give her something furry or shiny and she'll want to tear it to pieces. She just likes to play a lot.

Since she's still young, maybe a puppy would be beneficial. I figured they'd grow up together and not constantly fight but instead play with each other. But that's just me.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
Hey guys, wanted to bump up the club, if that's alright! How's everyone and their animal friends?

I'm in the process of getting an aquarium for my room soon. It's been forever since I had fishies as pets and I'm gonna decorate my room to make it more lifelike in the ocean. :D

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
My grandmother used to have some (can't recall what kind they were), but they weren't held in any aquarium, though; only a medium-sized fish bowl. Once she had passed away, cousins volunteered to take care of them. Would have done it ourselves, but there were already other pets that we had to look after. ):

Venitardus

Breeder
Years
  • Seen Apr 9, 2018
I used to have fish. My parents made a little pond-type thing in the back yard and had about 10 or so fish. Most of them either got eaten by a bird, or my dogs at the time. Then we got a fist rank and had all sorts of fish. But, we couldn't keep them cause of the cats, so we brought them to my middle school and put them in their fish tank.

Years
I had fish briefly as a kid.. maybe for one month or so but they all died quickly. It was parents' job to get the tank and all that as it was their decision to nab them as pets but geez. 8( Maybe the tank or water wasn't good but I am not a fish expert, ugh. Pretty disappointing.

Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen today
My parents had fish from before I was born. Two goldfish and a catfish that they won from a church fair. Those fish lived to be twenty-years-old, since I was almost a teenager by the time they passed away.

There are times when the family thinks about getting fish again, but there's no room for the aquarium in the house. Besides, I'm quite sure my Siamese cat would be jumping into the tank to get the fish because she's that obnoxious.

For example, right now she's sitting next to me on the computer desk, blocking my access to the mouse.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Mar 22, 2024
I had fish as a kid (around 7 or 8, I think), which was a horrible mistake. Kids should never have pets, imo, I know I failed them and they all died horribly. I had one male betta for a pretty long time, and decided to get a female one - I knew they were "fighting fish", but I thought males would only fight males, so I put the female in the same tank and shortly after the male betta killed her. Afterwards he just kept jumping out of the tank. I put it back once when I found him on the floor but like a day or two later I found him all dried up on the carpet again. :( I haven't owned any fish since then, I felt so bad after that.

That was really morbid. On a lighter note, I am totally in love with this cat. If I didn't have a jealous 14-year-old dog I would've taken her home.

Spoiler:

Her name is Molly, but she's been renamed Tessa by her adoptive folks. One of the sweetest cats I've seen in a while, she loves to be held and to play with people.

Manitee

bury me alive
Years
Hi! I'm Charloteee but you can just call me Des. :) I own a lovely rabbit named Flopsy (super original, I know), a beautiful jack russell called Charlie and was the owner of 4 cats all at the same time. We sadly had to give away the two brothers which we named Gilly and Gibson because they couldn't get on with the other two cats and Charlie. I still see them though since we gave them to my dad. The other two cats are called Itchy and Scratchy but sadly Scratchy went missing in October 2012 and we have never seen him again since. We still have hope though that he's alive. That poor cat was a bundle of joy.
My favourite animal is a Llama, they're just so adorable, I adore them!

Edit: When my laptop starts working again, I'll post some pictures of them all. :)

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
I had fish as a kid (around 7 or 8, I think), which was a horrible mistake. Kids should never have pets, imo, I know I failed them and they all died horribly. I had one male betta for a pretty long time, and decided to get a female one - I knew they were "fighting fish", but I thought males would only fight males, so I put the female in the same tank and shortly after the male betta killed her. Afterwards he just kept jumping out of the tank. I put it back once when I found him on the floor but like a day or two later I found him all dried up on the carpet again. :( I haven't owned any fish since then, I felt so bad after that.

That was really morbid. On a lighter note, I am totally in love with this cat. If I didn't have a jealous 14-year-old dog I would've taken her home.

Spoiler:

Her name is Molly, but she's been renamed Tessa by her adoptive folks. One of the sweetest cats I've seen in a while, she loves to be held and to play with people.

Back in high school I used to have both a male and a female betta because I was interested in breeding them. But...that didn't work out. I never had any idea that Males would also fight females too. Gladly the female didn't get killed. Both of them, however, passed away around the same time.

Male bettas kinda deserve some lone time, and their own tank. It's probably best to put in one tank while you set the other fish in a larger aquarium.

Oh Tessa is such an adorable one!~ I can watch that gif all day. :3

Hi! I'm Charloteee but you can just call me Des. :) I own a lovely rabbit named Flopsy (super original, I know), a beautiful jack russell called Charlie and was the owner of 4 cats all at the same time. We sadly had to give away the two brothers which we named Gilly and Gibson because they couldn't get on with the other two cats and Charlie. I still see them though since we gave them to my dad. The other two cats are called Itchy and Scratchy but sadly Scratchy went missing in October 2012 and we have never seen him again since. We still have hope though that he's alive. That poor cat was a bundle of joy.
My favourite animal is a Llama, they're just so adorable, I adore them!

Edit: When my laptop starts working again, I'll post some pictures of them all. :)

Welcome to our animal cave, Des! Flopsy is a great name for a rabbit. Of course when you do get the chance please please show us pics of your animals. :3

Years
Bunnies and rabbits! Oh my gosh I actually really do want one but am not sure how kindly my cat would take to it. They seem decently easy to take care of and not too high maintenance outside the occasional smell and cleaning the cage.. that and they're adorable. Quiet too from what I've heard.

Probably won't happen anytime soon if ever but I won't contest to at least getting to hold a bunny in my arms. <3

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
I've wanted to have them as pets when I was a kid, but mom and dad never allowed me to; wasn't very responsible back then, and my parents were always busy with work, so they couldn't take care of them, either. When I'm finally on my own someday, though, I might get one. Or maybe a couple, just so they could accompany each other when I'm not around. ^^"

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
Reminds me when I was younger. xD Parents always worked most of the day, and we moved to apartment buildings that never allowed pets in the apartment. So glad we own a home though, if we don't, then I won't even have my 2 doggies and 2 kitties. That would be tragic!

Was actually interested in a bunny myself, I need to stuff some knowledge in me before I actually get one. That includes care, maintenance, and all that. Should be as easy as a cat!

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
*leBUMP*

Reviving this club with a topic! I believe it is...long overdue I think. xD Hope all your animal buddies are doing well. :)

What animals (wild, not domesticated i.e. dogs/cats) do you commonly see around your neck of the woods? You can include bugs as well as ocean animals if you live near the beach!

Back