• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Spriter's Showcase Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Foxrally

[img]http://i.imgur.com/omi0jS3.gif[/img]
Years
f7ieIqL.png
NJc5zID.png

Those are some custom sprites I did just yesterday. I worked on them the whole day, but the shading is probably really bad since it's my first time doing anything other than fusions. I'd love to get any advice or criticism if possible. Thanks!

P.S: They're supposed to represent me and brother's characters in Pokemon games. :P

Years
  • Seen Aug 11, 2017
I've just started getting into pixel art and I wanted people to see them and critique them too so if anyone would do so, I would appreciate it.
http://imgur.com/pX7WRsM
It's my own custom design of Brendan from pokemon emerald. I love Brendan so I started with him. I haven't found a good art app or thing for my computer so I'm just doing it in game boy advance style. I haven't figured out how to do DS styler yet so can anyone help me with that?

i also can't get my arms and legs right so if anyone can help me with that that would be a big help also

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Oct 18, 2017

Never got critique for this.

And now, my first scratch sprite:

Spoiler:

It is based off of the Wendingo myth, a spirit that convinces people to become cannibals.

Last edited:
Years
I see so many beautiful trainer sprites, you guys should enter the WPC! Yeaah!

Anyways, the Wendingar sprite needs more shading especially on its body because it looks flat around there and the head right now.

Elaitenstile

I am legend
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Feb 27, 2015
I never got critique for this.

Try more than just taking parts from other Pokémon and recolouring them to make them dissimilar. Also, make sure you add shading and correct all amalga-parts' shading style to match the main sprite. And work on jagged outlines.

Your sprite outlines are actually forming up nicely, but like I said, shading is also important.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Oct 17, 2016
oh i never got any feedback from this x.x

Hi Loucas.
You do a great job with your trainers sprite, its nice.

I can give you some advice in order to help you to improve your sprite.

First of all, I think the girl's arms is badly placed. Try to put it at the shoulder's level.
An other problem is the hair (boy and girl), they look flat, they need more shadow.
For exemple, you can make shadow on the pony tail, it can give volume to your sprite.
Btw the girl's belt and one yellow part need shading too.

The last thing I can say is about colours.
Look at the girl's breast and shoulder, you put shading but it still looks flat, you have to change your colour in order to make a better contrast.

Danny0317

Fluorite's back, brah
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Nov 19, 2023
rickyodaddy_zpsee00df2b.png.html

Dannychampindexed_zpsa7ee1ed8.png.html

These are two trainers that will be in a game I'm making... One is a gym leader and one is from the Elite Four... Can anyone tell me if they're good, bad, or how can I improve? Thanks

Elaitenstile

I am legend
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Feb 27, 2015
You're doing well for an early attempt(I'm assuming it is). But I'll just give you three tips:

1) Don't save the image as JPG. Always use PNG for images like that. Also, don't resize the artwork to make it look bigger.
2) Work on your outlines. Make sure the outlines are only one pixel wide and make sure the whole image is covered by an outline (since it's artwork, not a scenery model). The outlines should come out smoothly so it looks like a real arm, or whichever be the part specified.
3) Add more realistic-like shading. Remember that a pant is rough and h as many folds here and there, so don't add extremely smooth shading.

Also try to minimize the parts used from other characters, and you're on the road again! If you want help, you can look at an official image of Brendan next time. I look forward to see your next work!

Falsever

Nation Blue
Years
I scratched (well, not really) two Trainer Sprites, I don't know if they're good or bad.
I want some feedback, it'll help me improve my skill.

CSe5DSW.png
2m4W3Vx.png

Also, they took me 2 hours lmao.

Last edited:

GFA

Mega Blastoise is my homeboy
Years
  • Seen Sep 7, 2018
Using Lucas' legs doesn't make things "scratch."

Years
  • Seen Aug 11, 2017
You're doing well for an early attempt(I'm assuming it is). But I'll just give you three tips:

1) Don't save the image as JPG. Always use PNG for images like that. Also, don't resize the artwork to make it look bigger.
2) Work on your outlines. Make sure the outlines are only one pixel wide and make sure the whole image is covered by an outline (since it's artwork, not a scenery model). The outlines should come out smoothly so it looks like a real arm, or whichever be the part specified.
3) Add more realistic-like shading. Remember that a pant is rough and h as many folds here and there, so don't add extremely smooth shading.

Also try to minimize the parts used from other characters, and you're on the road again! If you want help, you can look at an official image of Brendan next time. I look forward to see your next work!

thank you for those tips. i actually use a disney app to pixelate. lol but its a very good app for a disney app. it works amazingly for me. you can animate your artworks too. but i dont know how to save a picture to a PNG because im using a disney app . i dont think they have that on it. and im not very good with computers either. does that mean that it shows up on my post so i dont have a link? because i dont know how to do it. my brother told me to do it that way a long time ago and no one has told me otherwise. and all of my outlines are 1 pixel wide. some things might look more than 1 but it isnt. and since im just starting out ill get better at it. plus im only 14. i dont know much about this stuff. and i did look at an image of him. i looked at it everytime i put a pixel down. and i might need to make the picture size bigger so itll look smaller. i know how to do it i just didnt thinkof it at the time. so thank you for your tips.

SinfulGuroRose

Ignore me, I'm socially inept.
Years
Can I get some critique on these trainer sprites? For some reason, they don't look right to me, and I can't figure out why. :< The first two are team grunts, and the third is a rival. (Made with Leviathan's bases for the grunts, and various trainer parts for the rival)
y7we.png
bxhe.png
7u1g.png

Years
  • Seen Oct 18, 2017
Can I get some critique on these trainer sprites? For some reason, they don't look right to me, and I can't figure out why. :< The first two are team grunts, and the third is a rival. (Made with Leviathan's bases for the grunts, and various trainer parts for the rival)
y7we.png
bxhe.png
7u1g.png

First, THANK YOU for proving that I'm not the only one using Leviathan's base.

Now, for the sprites. The faces are what I think is throwing it off. I'm not sure why, but they feel off. The only problem with Leviathan's bases is that the eyes are very strange and don't fit. About the rival, I think some of the Outlines are a bit light. It's correctly placed, but the color itself should be darker. At least, that's what I think. It's probably wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back