• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Tool: YAPE (Yet Another Pokemon Editor)

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Nov 30, 2012
"I can't open YAPE, either on ZIP or exe"
PLEASE HELP PLEASE HELP PLEASE HELP PLEASE HELP PLEASE HELP PLEASE HELP PLEASE HELP PLEASE HELP PLEASE HELP PLEASE HELP PLEASE HELP PLEASE HELP PLEASE HELP PLEASE HELP PLEASE HELP PLEASE HELP PLEASE HELP PLEASE HELP PLEASE HELP PLEASE HELP PLEASE HELP PLEASE HELP PLEASE HELP PLEASE HELP PLEASE HELP PLEASE HELP PLEASE HELP PLEASE HELP

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years
"I can't open YAPE, either on ZIP or exe"
PLEASE HELP PLEASE HELP PLEASE HELP PLEASE HELP PLEASE HELP PLEASE HELP PLEASE HELP PLEASE HELP PLEASE HELP PLEASE HELP PLEASE HELP PLEASE HELP PLEASE HELP PLEASE HELP PLEASE HELP PLEASE HELP PLEASE HELP PLEASE HELP PLEASE HELP PLEASE HELP PLEASE HELP PLEASE HELP PLEASE HELP PLEASE HELP PLEASE HELP PLEASE HELP PLEASE HELP PLEASE HELP
That's very... let's say... exact... description of problem... can you elaborate more and explain your problem with more details? Saying I can't open really doesn't cut it...

bilzandpap

Who DOESN'T love Conkeldurr???
Years
  • Seen Sep 10, 2019
Geez, I wish the Pokedex Order Editing bit was available... Sebbe's isn't working, I put Pichu in the Kanto Pokedex but then when I catch it, it still doesn't register... :(

GoGoJJTech

(☞゚ヮ゚)☞ http://GoGoJJTech.com ☜(゚ヮ゚☜)
Years
I love this tool I make ds pokemon possible with this
and pokecry
and advance series
and...

Years
  • Seen Feb 22, 2013
Edit: Im stupid, i installed bet framework 2.0 and everything's working

Last edited:

Reygok

Beginning Hacker
Years
  • Seen Jan 22, 2016
Amazing Tool, but there's one feature Darthatron's Pokémon Editor had this one has not: Adding new Moves to the 25 "????????" Pokémon after Celebi. Or am I blind?

Years
For whatever reason, I can't seem to open up Ruby Destiny - Reign of Legends with YAPE. Other ROMs work fine its just with this particular game. Everytime I try to open it, I get this:

Error_zps2532c23e.png

What does this mean?

tajaros

Hi I'm dawg
Years
For whatever reason, I can't seem to open up Ruby Destiny - Reign of Legends with YAPE. Other ROMs work fine its just with this particular game. Everytime I try to open it, I get this:

Error_zps2532c23e.png

What does this mean?

Why are you even opening Reign Of Legends?

I'm pretty much sure DJG edits the headers in his ROMS so no one can edit it.

karatekid552

What happens if I push it?....
Years
Amazing Tool, but there's one feature Darthatron's Pokémon Editor had this one has not: Adding new Moves to the 25 "????????" Pokémon after Celebi. Or am I blind?

YAPE does not allow new moves to be added. Instead, it creates a move pool of every move learned by every pokemon in the game. So, if you delete a move from one pokemon, it becomes available to another. There is a set limit here (if you want more moves, you have to use a different tool) so, to add new attacks to the ????????? Pokemon, you must delete some from other pokemon.

Years
  • Seen Dec 16, 2015
Was my favourite Advance Pokemon editor in 2008, is still my favourite Advance editor today. If you are still active on these forums, I am hoping for a belated 1.0 release.

AtecainCorp.

Rejishan awake...
Years
If you need Polish Translator I can help you bro. Polacy też korzystają z tego edytora. Thank you so much. By YAPE i can freely add New Pokemon to my rom. About Pokedex Entries. One advice to hackers. Use POKEMON ORDER EDITOR and set all new Pokemon after editing in YAPE on number 0. It give MissingNo. Pokedex Entry. And it from Hoenn Perspective said truth "IT IS CURRENTLY DISCOVERED POKEMON" XD

AkameTheBulbasaur

Akame Marukawa of Iyotono
Years
This tool helped me so much! I needed to have Pokemon that were already nicknamed when you received them. I had no idea how I would do it until I found this tool. Then it was easy to not only edit the Pokemon names, but change other things like dex entries, catch rates, moves etc. It made life so much easier. :)

Years
  • Seen Jul 20, 2013
So i've been messing around and decided to make caterpie evolve into celebi but when it goes to evolve it begins then stop and the text just says Caterpie evolved into ......?, and its still caterpie please help i also tried with other johto and hoenn pokemon, it only works with caterpie evolving into another kanto pokemon btw im using Firered rom.

Aeon.

Carrion
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jun 22, 2016
So i've been messing around and decided to make caterpie evolve into celebi but when it goes to evolve it begins then stop and the text just says Caterpie evolved into ......?, and its still caterpie please help i also tried with other johto and hoenn pokemon, it only works with caterpie evolving into another kanto pokemon btw im using Firered rom.

Did you activate it somewhere to have the National Dex enabled? Otherwise Golbat won't evolve into Crobat in the vanilla game.

J-pop princess

Novice rom hacker
Years
Thank you so much! This is exactly what I needed for the game I'm making. I mean I was actually going to try and hack the game just a script editor,advanced map and a sprite insertion program but thanks to you inserting pokemon and editing them to fit the game will extremely easy!

Thanks so much!

Demon1198

Demon1198
Years
Great job! I love this! The best part is, when I started it, for once no errors popped up. Every other tool I've gotten so far except for a few, I'd have problems with at first. This is one of the good ones. The features in it are great too. I've been trying to make a rom for a while and this is a pretty helpful tool. Thanks.

Years
  • Seen Dec 21, 2017
:-; I should of found this tool early its very good, but i just have on thing that i want, but it doesn't have to be added but maybe a trainereditor?

Back