• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Sawsbuck vs Leavanny

Swords Dance time! Who is better equipped to use the sword, so to speak?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Years
Posting for the GT thread, but anyway I like Sawsbuck more. The idea of a deer that changes based on the seasons is neat, and my favorite of them is the Autumn form. Normal/Grass is an interesting typing considering you don't see Normal paired with much other than Flying.

I don't really care much for Leavanny, I like it, just not one of my favorites from this generation.

Mega Venusaur

Muncher
Years
I would have to be in favour of Sawsbuck. I don't like how Leavanny is extremely week, especially the fact that her Grass/Bug Type causes her to be 4x weakness against Fire and Flying, making it extremely vulnerable.

Years
Leavanny is somewhat.. creepy, haha. Which stinks because Sewaddle is too adorable.

So yes, I prefer Sawsbuck and it's high up there on my favorite grass types list. Changing with seasons and being a deer earns it many brownie points.

Spoiler:

preeetty

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen today
Yeah bugs just creep me out too much, although I like Leavanny as it's a strong bug pokémon, and I just loved my Eviolite-equipped Swadloon in Black.

But definitely more on the Sawsbuck side of things - great pictures, I take it that's screengrabs from an anime episode? The fact that I see wild deer out of my window / running in front of my car almost weekly gives me more of an affinity to them. Plus I found Normal/Grass to be more interesting than Bug/Grass, and the seasonal changing thing is pretty awesome. For a pokémon that shows off a gimmick, it's no Castform - who I also like, but had to plan my battles around getting it involved but not killed on Emerald - as it can actually hold its own in battle.

Years
I'm saying Sawsbuck because I've used one before and know it can be a strong battler, plus the whole season thing is awesome :) Not taking anything away from Leavanny though, Burgh's was pretty tough :)

Back