• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Archive] Pokemon Essentials: Starter Kit for RPG Maker XP

Status
Not open for further replies.

BlueEew

PokeProject - GO!
Years
Where do I edit the actual story line. I mean from where Oak talks to you and you choose you gender etc to the very end of the league?

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Jul 24, 2011
does anyone know how to automaticly change a pokemons lvl? i want to be able to change a pokemons lvl to five (lvling down, not up)

also, i can't seem to get the cut-scene skip to work, is anyone else having this problem?

Demonic Budha

semi-good RMXPer (not script)
Years
Hey guys, got a question for anyone how knows the limitations of Scripts/events with-in the SK.
Is there a way to add an script (or an auto event) that actervates at the Load/New/Options screen.
What i want, is when the player powers up their game, that a process starts where a Random number is selected, this random number will effect things in ALL maps.
Thanks to any who can offer assistance.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Sep 7, 2023
BlueEew: There's an invisible event in the top-left corner of the map titled "Intro".
Yaoimutt: Add this script to a new script section in the script editor.
Code:
class PokeBattle_Pokemon
def setLevel(level)
@level=level #Sets the level
calcStats #Recalculates the Pokémon's stats
Kernel.pbMessage(_INTL("{1} became level {2}!",@name,level) #Displays a message
pbTopRightWindow(_INTL("MaxHP: {1}\r\nATTACK: {2}\r\nDEFENSE: {3}\r\nSP. ATK: {4}\r\nSP. DEF: {5}\r\nSPEED: {6}",@totalhp,@attack,@defense,@speed,@spatk,@spdef)) #Displays the stat window
end
end
This is similar to using
Code:
pokemon.level=5
but it also allows other things to be done, such as displaying a message. Use it like this:
Code:
pkmn=$Trainer.party[0]
pkmn.setLevel(5)
changing the number in the square brackets to the index of the Pokémon in the party (0-5), or replacing the $Trainer.party[0] with a PokeBattle_Pokemon object.
Demonic Buddha: Add this to a new script section:
Code:
def randomStartup
rnd=rand(256)
return rand
end
Then, add the line
Code:
randNumber=randomStartup
to the PokemonLoad script at around line 204 (below "@scene.pbStartScene"). Then, add
Code:
$game_variables[26]=randNumber
at lines 293 and 360 (directly above "return"), changing the number to the ID of a variable. Finally, use events to achieve what you want. You can edit the randomStartup method to change how the random number is generated - for example, change 256 to whatever number you want to be the upper limit on the random number.

sonic smash down

Where those that train, train hard!
Years
hey yall im having just a little glitch wit the rival event. I was wondering there are two seperate pages one for his victory speech and the other for his losing speech how do i get the battle page to tell the diference. i couldnt find this in the notes.

Grifstar

Certified Shark Bait
Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Nov 15, 2023
Okay, hopefully this will be my last questions for awhile, I'm getting ahead of myself anyway.

1. How do you make an HM work outside of battle(such as flying, cutting) without getting a badge?(then again, I still don't really know how you assign an HM to a badge to begin with) I imagine that it should just be a simple true/false switch somewhere, and I did find the "BADGEFORCUT", etc. scripts too, which probably has something to do with it, but I still don't know how to put it all together..

2. I can't seem to get the "always shiny" script to work, the one that was in the notes. I tried putting it on a clean script page and also next to the Events.onWildPokemonCreate script in PokemonField, but I always get an error when I use it... I still don't even know if I'm going to be using the feature anyway, but I just wanted to test it out.

And uhh... there was something else, but I don't remember now @_@

TKS

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Sep 17, 2008
Sorry, the ability to delete encounter types from the editor hasn't been implemented yet. It will be added shortly.
Alright, thanks. I still don't have anything to complain about, we are more than blessed to have this. lol

Nero9121

Fire Maker
Years
  • Seen Sep 29, 2008
can someone help me with how to set this up for the starter kit! please

rmxp.org/forums/index.php?topic=43100.0

Grifstar

Certified Shark Bait
Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Nov 15, 2023
Oh, nevermind it's working now. I just realised that I didn't have the new page in the right spot. But now it's running fine...

Although, still need help on the HM thing..

Years
  • Seen Mar 25, 2009
Absolutely amazing! I am actually surprised at how easy this is to use, especially since this is my first encounter with RMXP (I just purchased it, it's quite fun to play with/pass the time).

How would I go about changing the opening speech/encounter?

And @ Blazers08
Fruity Loops isn't a bad program for editing music/working with midi. Try the demo out, if you like it... buy it =D (It's the easiest program I know, though.. I could recommend others depending on your music writing ability)

Youji

Game Designer
Years
I'm kind of lazy to try it out, so I'll just ask here.

Are all of the Status Effects already implemented?
Such as Burned, Asleep, etc.?

Yup. That's all in. But no aniomations for those are in, such like the birds (Confused), Ice, etc. You would have to implent them your own.

Demonic Budha

Years
OK, this is prolly going to get me yelled at, but ima ask anyway.
When updating, is it better to copy the *new* scripts over (or ALL the scripts)
Or is it easyier to copy the Maps from the OLD project????
Thanks

Nero9121

Fire Maker
Years
  • Seen Sep 29, 2008
what are the changes for the latest issue of pokemon essentials that was released yesterday?

partyghoul2000

Intermediate Game Designer
Years
  • Age 36
  • USA
  • Seen Jun 24, 2014
OK, this is prolly going to get me yelled at, but ima ask anyway.
When updating, is it better to copy the *new* scripts over (or ALL the scripts)
Or is it easyier to copy the Maps from the OLD project????
Thanks

well, i find it easier to copy EditorScripts and Scripts from the new data folder to your game rather than copy all the maps and switches and whatnot. the only problem with this tactic, is that any changes that YOU personally changed within the scripts will be gone. be sure to note these changes you make within a separate text document so you don't lose these changes. that's just my method though and it works perfect.

what are the changes for the latest issue of pokemon essentials that was released yesterday?

i noticed this too and i went investigating. poccil uploaded the changes, but musta forgot to add the link to the pokestarter page. the link can be found here

---> http://upokecenter.com/projects/pokestarter/changed-2008-08-25.txt

Demonic Budha

Years
well, i find it easier to copy EditorScripts and Scripts from the new data folder to your game rather than copy all the maps and switches and whatnot. the only problem with this tactic, is that any changes that YOU personally changed within the scripts will be gone. be sure to note these changes you make within a separate text document so you don't lose these changes. that's just my method though and it works perfect.

Ah, thats cool, i was assuming i would lose any modifycations, and planned to just re-add at the end of mapping, and i had sucured a version i was happy with :D
Thanks for the help partyghoul2000

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back