• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Mechamon: You got your Pokémon in my robots.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Great Mazinger

nope.avi
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Nov 27, 2013
2vvqrn8.jpg

Originating from the festering depths of the robotic wasteland only known as /m/echa, Mechamon is a Pokémon Fire Red hack that seeks to combine two things that many people hold dearly: Children and teenagers running away from home to capture and battle wild animals, often without adult supervision, and children and teenagers running away from home to shoot each other in giant robots, often without adult supervision.

o603ub.jpg

Picking your choice of hero or heroine wearing a very stylish piece of headgear, you travel through part of Not-Japan stuffing small robots into even smaller containers and trying to be the very best, like no one ever was. But do you have the skills to be number one?

Featuring such innovations as:

-Robots

Spoiler:

-A highly modified type system
Spoiler:

-New graphics
Spoiler:

-New Characters

Spoiler:

-A Musical Extravaganza
Spoiler:

-It's a Whole new world (But you still gotta catch em' all)
Spoiler:

Screenshots:
Spoiler:

Vanitas~

Ink Blot
Years
  • Seen May 5, 2013
All I have to say is lols. It looks great, but I agree with Caterpie about the maps. I also noticed you don't have a backsprite for Mazinger Z. I can't do anything, but you should probably fix that. You don;t fight with your back turnned on the enemy. Still, keep it up.

Binary

え?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Apr 7, 2014
Wow, I've never seen such an idea before but it looks pretty good.
You don't have a base storyline though. So you should work on that.
I like the screens(robots XD)

~Kian~

Spriter In The Making
Years
its a cool idea i like it but i think maybe you could make the names a bit less complicated, if it were me id probably maybe turn pokemon into robots as in make them robots so like charamander would be like a robotic lizard rather than a random robot but that s just me, well good luck with the rest of the game ;)

~kian

Great Mazinger

nope.avi
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Nov 27, 2013
All I have to say is lols. It looks great, but I agree with Caterpie about the maps. I also noticed you don't have a backsprite for Mazinger Z. I can't do anything, but you should probably fix that. You don;t fight with your back turnned on the enemy. Still, keep it up.

I'm not an incredibly talented spriter, and unfortunately I had to prioritise working on the more important aspects of the game before spending a good amount of time drawing backsprites.

H2O Turquoise said:
Why don't you show us the titlescreen you Posted in the Titlescreen thread?

I was dissatisfied with my own poor spriting job.

Great Mazinger

nope.avi
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Nov 27, 2013
Four good sprites as opposed to three good ones and a custom one that looked poor and didn't match the other three. I was working on a much nicer one in the meantime anyway.

edit:
2e4fbwg.jpg

Done. But I'm in no mood to make the monstrous tilemap for that tonight.

Last edited:

Vanitas~

Ink Blot
Years
  • Seen May 5, 2013
I'm not an incredibly talented spriter, and unfortunately I had to prioritise working on the more important aspects of the game before spending a good amount of time drawing backsprites.

Ok. I was just making a comment. I agree that it isn't the highest priority, making a fun, KA hack is.

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Jan 4, 2011
Nice concept. You have a good spiriting skills, but unfortunately you need a good mapper.

I'm semi-good, but I don't have enough free time, so if you were planning to ask don't.

Great Mazinger

nope.avi
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Nov 27, 2013
The Mechadex: All the fun of a nature documentary* without the boring parts.

jjwv10.jpg

b4f7kw.jpg

oqkoi8.jpg

14io6lk.jpg

25pnwyf.jpg

Gosh, just look at all those extra stats and fluff I still need to edit.

*David Attenborough voice module sold separately.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back