• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokémon Acanthite – The GSC Prequel

Status
Not open for further replies.

Atomic Reactor

Glad ou could get someone to help.

Mitchman

Banned
Years
Ah I see you are using the HGSS updated Silver. Very nice idea and your new sprites seems very talented. Some advice? Silver with a sling bag like that doesn't look all silver. Possibly a backpack with one shoulder strap only on his right shoulder would make him more...Silver.

blueguy

No capitalization required. ;D
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Aug 20, 2013
Untitled11-1.gif

There's something off about the shading of Silver's hair, as well as his right leg (not your right, mind you, his), but the other sprites, the animated walking one, for example, are quite well-done.

Years
this game is so amazing brilliant sprites fake mon everything is fantasic!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! can't wait till it's RELEASED

Lady Berlitz

Cinnamon ♪
Years
picasioncom_a606765a59222243c00195b.gif

This sprite looks good, but it seems a little too short for me. But I guess it's fine, since Silver is younger in Acanthite.

EDIT: It seems short because the hair at the top, where the spike starts, becomes flatter instead of round.

Untitled64-2.gif

Looks good, but I noticed, like Kyle, that the bag is in front of his arm. The spike in his hair looks strange (like an error). His right arm (our left) seems too narrow-shouldered. Silver hair looks like it got shocked on the side, or wind is blowing at him, which is extremely odd-looking. Lastly, I dislike both of their faces.

EDIT: I just noticed noticed on these two larger Willow and Silver sprites that they do not have a SINGLE black outline excluding Silver's shoes. That just makes it less of the D/P/Pt style. Also, the shading and outlining is quite bad.

Untitled11-1.gif

I don't like this sprite so much. Silver's not the kind of guy who I can imagine doing this pose, and now that I'm seeing it, it looks very abnormal. And the arm proportions seem strange to the opposite arm and the body and legs. The head and hair looks like a rip off from the male Cooltrainer in Pokémon D/P/Pt, and it's badly shaded and/or outlined. Lastly, it shows that the spike in Silver's hair is facing left in all of his other sprites, but in this sprite it is facing the right.

Last edited:

Neo-Wolf

I am back!
Years
Silver dosen't looks like .. Silver . Otherwise this game is the best . The Fakemon are better than the original Pokemon . I even have a feeling that Nintendo are going to recruit your Spriters for future games LOLZ XD :)

Years
  • Seen May 21, 2022
Silver dosen't looks like .. Silver . Otherwise this game is the best . The Fakemon are better than the original Pokemon . I even have a feeling that Nintendo are going to recruit your Spriters for future games LOLZ XD :)

I love the designs of all the Pokemon except the Final Stage of the Water starter. It could be made to look a little fiercer, I think. If Gamefreak did recruit them , Acanthite and it's Pokemon could become one of the future generations, and the first to be designed by foreigners. If Acanthite was ever an official game, I would buy it .

And for the battle sprite for Silver, there's the HGSS one ripped somewhere for reference or you could get it off Pokemon Japan's site.

HeavyOctillery

Locked & Loaded
Years
  • Seen Aug 3, 2018
I just noticed the story had been updated since I last checked. Nice.

The sprite of Silver/Kamon/whatever walking & the one of Prof. Willow are ok, but the other 2 are in need of work.

Fangking Omega

Acanthite founder
Years
Whenever Burmy battles, it tends to pick up a cloak based on the terrain around it. Logically, it would need a new form if it is to battle in the PokéNet. Using stray strings of code in this entirely digital domain, it builds the Cyber Cloak. When wearing this Cloak, it can evolve into Wormadam with a Cyber Cloak which grants it the addition of Virus type.

burmycybercloak.png

Thanks to Comfy Cushion for this delightful concept. Burmy itself is ©Gamefreak/Nintendo

KangasKid18 has publicly released (a rare occurence!) Burmy sprites too, so take a look :)
burmydone.jpg

And we have a sprite of Argus courtesy of Valkari Knight and Comfy Cushion:
Argus2.png

All materials solely for the use of Pokémon Acanthite. Thanks :)

Last edited:

Atomic Reactor

Hmm, what's Pokenet? Was that mentioned is some other post? If so, I'll look for it (dont have time right now)

Fangking Omega

Acanthite founder
Years
It's not been mentioned before, I don't think. Certainly not explicitly and never by that name. I suppose I want people to speculate, as I purposefully only give small chunks of information :)

Legendaries

Ginzuishou/Heavy-Metal-Lover
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen May 2, 2021
Is it something like entering the cyberspace using Porygon?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back