• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[RMXP] Mystery Dungeon Game

Status
Not open for further replies.

Danno

Formerly Meowth, AKA InnerMobius
Years
I agree completely. I'm planning on having it so there are all Kanto pokemon to start, then after you do a series of events to save some legendaries, you follow the malicious team (Gotta have one, probably not a Gengar-lead trio though :P ) into a new area where there are Johto pokemon.

Poeman

Banned
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Nov 1, 2012
Ah if you can only have 3D walls/billboarding, that is an issue :/
Well at least have an option to turn it off? I don't think I would play with everything looking slanted and flat if I had the option.

Danno

Years
I don't have the scripting ability to do that, sorry. That's far too complex.

EDIT: For the record, I can hardly script anything. I can edit things, but can't do things on my own. Right now I'm stuck in a lot of places because of that...

Last edited:

Karel_Kazuki

Wants to Learn about PKMN Rmxp
Years
It isn't CNG's kit. T_T
Read up before you post.

Anyways, I think adding Mystery Dungeon is a dangerous idea, this strays away from the whole mystery dungeon theme of random caves, with battles taking place on the map(it was a rogue-like game) you made it more like an RPG. Just a thought.

Otherwise, the 3D effect isn't the greatest. I don't think you should use it, but if you must, change the rock formations to be like the ladder and stand up, it looks terrible otherwise, the stairs even look flat.
The ladder going down to a floor below looks bad also but I wouldn't know how to fix that.
Actually he said he is using part of it.And What I said was,He found the kit, which isnt really published, just on his website that Im apart of.Read MY post before you post.

Danno

Years
Actually he said he is using part of it.And What I said was,He found the kit, which isnt really published, just on his website that Im apart of.Read MY post before you post.

Exactly :) Graphics and sound files... not that there was much more on there. too lazy to convert the VX charsets to RMXP, especially since I would have to add all the other pokemon manually... so as I said, HGSS remains.

Also; I may have found a way to add actual "Mystery Dungeons" of some sort. Credit to Mr. Peter Occil again, for converting a japanese script to English.

Poeman

Banned
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Nov 1, 2012
Oh sorry >_< also quick grammar lesson,
Have a space before you start a sentence after a period. Like this.
Don't start sentences with and. contractions need an apostrophe. (isn't, I'm)
Also I have to argue that it isn't really using the kit if you just take graphics, that kit had a menu system and main menu that he could have used but he isn't.

Danno

Years

Oh sorry >_< also quick grammar lesson,
Have a space before you start a sentence after a period. Like this.
Don't start sentences with and. contractions need an apostrophe. (isn't, I'm)
Also I have to argue that it isn't really using the kit if you just take graphics, that kit had a menu system and main menu that he could have used but he isn't.

I know, I already talked to the creator of the kit, too. I'm not using the kit, only some graphics from Spriters Resource and some sounds from VGmusic... but I am crediting him anyways because that was my first step into this game :D

Also, thinking twice on the mode7 now.

AAAAND: I've been setting up all the Pokemon face pictures, currently I'm at 76(Golem) and I'll be continuing to do that later once I get back from the funeral I'm going to tonight in Boston.

:D

nmorr

Takin a brake. -_-
Years
Neomode7...I wish I could make it compatible with Pokemon Essentiels like the creator on pokemon origin. But I suck at coding! Anyways, good luck with your game

Danno

Years
I'm getting rid of it, but thanks dude. :) It's causing a lot of graphical glitches... so I'm just doing away with it altogether.

Mr.puppetman

I'm a real boy!
Years
  • Seen Sep 29, 2010
I love the actual Mystery Dungeon tiles if you can find anymore I'll gladly transfer them over to a rmxp tilset format for you. I can also do some small edits like recoloring so it looks brighter.

Danno

Years
Actually, all those outdoor tiles I ripped myself from the game, aside from the actual Meowth hut; but the trees and stuff I ripped myself.

I'm going to be deleting them though, other than buildings, and going with HGSS tiles. MD tiles are far too hard to pull off, they're far too exact and artistic. They're also not setup on a regular 32x32 tile, they have bigger space in MD.

Mr.puppetman

I'm a real boy!
Years
  • Seen Sep 29, 2010
lol, ok I had no idea since I never got into Mystery Dungeon apart from a few hours on my friend's GBA game 3 years ago.

Danno

Years
Thank you guys :D All the work I've done thus far on this game has been on my brother's computer. Luckily, I just got one of my computers back today!

It's an Acer netbook, with a busted in screen... but I have it hooked up to my mom's PC monitor right now. Tomorrow I will be trying to get another monitor and a USB keyboard and mouse... this thing will be just another computer ;D (Minus a disk drive haha)

So once I get everything working... should I release a tech-demo with my debug maps? It probably wouldn't be for a few days...

ayevdayev

Legend
Years
haha, Meowth, what happend to MSB Ive been waiting so long for that, and also, maybe I can help you with this game (mapping beta testing and making some of the storyline!)

Danno

Years
MSB is still in progress, but I'm waiting on a few things to actually do anything else... which is why this game came up ;)

Do you have MSN? I would love to have you onboard.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back