• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[PKMN FULL] SOULBOND: A Twisted Kanto Journey [OOC/SU]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Satan.EXE

King of the Hell
Years
  • Age 29
  • C:\
  • Seen Jun 12, 2015
Normally I might say it was too short, but I can see there was a lot of thought behind it, and you clearly have something of an interesting character here, so I'm going to accept it. Congrats, and welcome to SOULBOND!

If we're able to pick up and get active (I'd say by the time we get at least six accepted sign-ups - excluding my own - I can put up an IC) this should lead to lots of interesting interactions.

<Challenger>

Goodbye PC...for now.
Years
I definitely might be interested in this roleplay. I'll leave this here as a placeholder for the moment.

Spoiler:

Last edited:

Satan.EXE

King of the Hell
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jun 12, 2015
Yep! I took out the character cap, so anyone and everyone who makes a good enough character can join!

Years
Awesome, expect it soon then :D At worst it might be a few days if Uni work keeps me busy. My last deadline is the 16th and after that I'm completely free for a while 8D

waningGrimalkin

Level 5 Spin Ninja
Years
Why the blue tag?
The blue tag is a bit more on this world. Her pokemon is very destructive. It says in the description for Mewstic that it can grind a truck to dust with it's powers, so I made Espurr's powers here a weakened version of that. Her pokemon is a hazard to those around her, and she cannot be separated from her pokemon. I imagine, with many pokemon being dangerous, that they must have a way for dealing with pokemon such as hers. Thusly, the blue tag. Kinda like the scarlet letter, it's a way to send a message. I realize now this may be what some call "god-modding", and not acceptable here. I come from a slightly different culture, the MSPA Rp section, so I apologize if anything I do is not culturally acceptable.
Why does she act so bizarre?
Dunno. Why does Osaka act like she has a few screws lose? Why does ANY strange character act strange? It's because they are, I dunno. The humming, not talking is a story from a friend, I just added to show that she's a little strange. There are some weird people out there.
Why are her parents just treating her like this for seemingly no reason?
You watched SAO, didn't you? Remember Kirito's scene where he explains the relation between him, his sister and his grandpa? Japanese parents, and parents in general, sometimes tend to put a lot of pressure on their kids.
No other Pokemon are ever seen or interacted with in the forest except the bonded Pokemon.
I spent like a hour and a half writing that. S'cuse me if I have a different interpretation of the forest. Like, totally and utterly. Sorry.
Additionally, you won't find anything or anyone else in this forest.
Durp-de-durp on me for having a different interpretation.
The opening post seems far too short and disorganized.
Sorry if it was. My writing brain was kinda busted after y'know, a hour or two coming up with this character and writing her story. S'ppose that's all I have to say. Y'see, I was trying to write directly from the perspective of Lis, which was a spacey and derpy one. I'm not sure if I can play as a space character. I normally only play as the violent one or the sickly one, so I'm not as practiced.

I think I will be writing a totally new character, though. Came up with a cool new idea. It will take me a day or two to complete, though.

Satan.EXE

King of the Hell
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jun 12, 2015
Why the blue tag?
The blue tag is a bit more on this world. Her pokemon is very destructive. It says in the description for Mewstic that it can grind a truck to dust with it's powers, so I made Espurr's powers here a weakened version of that. Her pokemon is a hazard to those around her, and she cannot be separated from her pokemon. I imagine, with many pokemon being dangerous, that they must have a way for dealing with pokemon such as hers. Thusly, the blue tag. Kinda like the scarlet letter, it's a way to send a message. I realize now this may be what some call "god-modding", and not acceptable here. I come from a slightly different culture, the MSPA Rp section, so I apologize if anything I do is not culturally acceptable.
Yeah... But, every Pokemon is destructive, or at least, has the capacity to be. The blue tag sort of comes from nowhere and doesn't really seem to have any logical reason for existing other than to make life hard for her. My qualms aren't with the meaning of the blue tag, merely its place in the sheet and on the character as a whole. Generally, if something doesn't really fit or have much of any significance to the character as whole, I tend to have an issue with it.

Why does she act so bizarre?
Dunno. Why does Osaka act like she has a few screws lose? Why does ANY strange character act strange? It's because they are, I dunno. The humming, not talking is a story from a friend, I just added to show that she's a little strange. There are some weird people out there.
I feel like you're acting somewhat snide because I didn't just up and accept your character, which I really hope isn't the case, as PC is a generally very friendly site. What the question means is you have to /explain/ why the character acts the way they do, whether it be through the history, or directly in the personality. You can't have someone crazy "just 'cause". Really, you can't have anything put in "just 'cause" as it takes all immersion out of the sheet and makes the character seem more lazily made and not fully thought out. Even things like humming randomly generally have some reasoning behind them.

Why are her parents just treating her like this for seemingly no reason?
You watched SAO, didn't you? Remember Kirito's scene where he explains the relation between him, his sister and his grandpa? Japanese parents, and parents in general, sometimes tend to put a lot of pressure on their kids.
Of course I did. And I know various things about Japanese culture. However, your character's parents just seemed unnecessarily and pointlessly cruel. Their grandfather was cruel, yes, but that's certainly not the norm. Putting pressure on kids and practically neglecting them/shunning them are two very, very different things.

No other Pokemon are ever seen or interacted with in the forest except the bonded Pokemon.
I spent like a hour and a half writing that. S'cuse me if I have a different interpretation of the forest. Like, totally and utterly. Sorry.
All I'm getting out of this is more snide.

Additionally, you won't find anything or anyone else in this forest.
Durp-de-durp on me for having a different interpretation.
Snide.

The opening post seems far too short and disorganized.
Sorry if it was. My writing brain was kinda busted after y'know, a hour or two coming up with this character and writing her story. S'ppose that's all I have to say. Y'see, I was trying to write directly from the perspective of Lis, which was a spacey and derpy one. I'm not sure if I can play as a space character. I normally only play as the violent one or the sickly one, so I'm not as practiced.
It's one thing to state a point in any sort of way, but it's another to repeat it this much. I'm sorry if you feel irritated because you spent this much time on a character. I get that. I've had far longer characters declined from other RPs for even single reasons. However, if a character is not up to par, that's all there is to it. The GM has the power to control whether a character is acceptable or not. I'm not going to let an unacceptable character by because, well, it's not acceptable.

I think I will be writing a totally new character, though. Came up with a cool new idea. It will take me a day or two to complete, though.
Good move. If you'd like, you can show me before you work on the opening post, to make sure your next character is proper.

Years
Here we go :D

[FONT=&quot]
Character Name: Kathryn Wiles
Nickname: Kat, Kit, Kitten (Shae only!)
Sex: Female

Appearance:
[/FONT]
Rn2Qfa6.jpg

Kat is extremely short for her age, just barely breaking five foot tall; the fact that Shae is minutely taller than her is a common point of needling between the two. While not quite malnourished Kat's body is practically devoid of fat, her active lifestyle and less than stable food source simply leaving her with a thin, wiry build of muscle. The thin build and lack of height makes her look much younger than she is, something that annoys Kat greatly and which she tried to combat with tight clothing.

With tanned skin and dark auburn hair Kat, for the most part, doesn't look particularly unusual for a Kanto native, perhaps a bit south of where people with her hair would usually reside. Her eyes, which are a dark, reddish colour, show that she has a bit of foreign blood in her but without knowing her father she doesn't know from where. Kat wears her hair in a very long ponytail, tied off behind her head with a black ribbon.

Kat tends to dress very simply and in dark colours that don't show dirt much. A sturdy black hoodie has served her well over the years and, preferring clothing that lets her move easily for climbing, she also wears a pair of dark denim shorts and black leggings, finishing things off with a pair of expensive looking and comfy trainers she swiped one day. She does own an old trench coat made of thick, navy-blue cotton for cold weather but it is big enough that she can barely move in it and so it spends most of its time rolled up in the backpack where she keeps her belongings.[FONT=&quot]

Personality: Kat is an odd mix of outgoing and shy; she tends to be very quiet and avoid physical contact that she hasn't initiated, dancing around the edges of a group and listening to their conversations more than actually getting involved. Kat tends to warm up to pleasant people fairly quickly but even then she still acts shy. Usually her warming up is shown in minor ways, a small prank played on them, small sentences contributed to their conversations, small bits of physical contact. It is here that Kat's social awkwardness reveals itself. Kat spent much of her life alone and often isn't quite sure how to talk to people; she is excellent at reading the emotions of others but not at expressing her own. Kat often gets stuck in the odd situation of wanting the companionship and friendship of other humans, but once she gets it she doens't quite know what to do with it. Even among her best friends Kat isn't particularly talkative, that is a privilege reversed for Shae, her Soulbond. Kat tends to value Shae far above other humans and often when it seems she is being silent and withdrawn from a conversation, she is actually just talking to Shae telepathically instead of talking to other humans.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Despite her quiet nature Kat is generally a rather cheery person. Unless something is specifically bothering her it is rather rare to find her without a smile on her lips. She hums various tunes as a habit and if she thinks she's alone can often be found singing softly. Kat is quite mischievous and will sometimes play pranks on those around her. Depending on how much she likes someone these can range from small, harmless jokes to more malicious pranks. Despite her hang-ups with actually communicating with people Kat distributes these pranks freely and confidently.

[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Kat lacks certain social rules that others have. She has a habit of stealing things for various reasons; because she wants something, because someone annoyed her, because something had been left out and it was just too tempting... she isn't quite a kleptomaniac but there are moments when she can't quite keep her hands to herself. Kat is very adept at moving quickly through crowds and is a skilled pickpocket, especially when Shae helps her out with her illusions. She also has a habit of resorting to her fists when she is more than a little angry, though she doesn't really have the strength to back it up.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Kat has a fondness for high places. She likes the feeling of being above everyone; able to see them but not actually having to deal with them. She's very skilled at climbing, fitting herself into small space and just generally making her way swiftly about a difficult environment because of this.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
History: Kat has lived in Fuchsia City for most of her life, her parents died in a car accident when she was young and because of this up until when she was a teenager she had never even left the city. While she lost her parents young enough that she never really missed them she had a rather unhappy start to her childhood. She hated the orphanage that she grew up in and was never able to get along with the other children there. As children are wont to do Kat was rather over-dramatic about her situation and at the age of seven. Fortunately for her as she ran away she inadvertently made her way into the Forest of Spirits and quite literally bumped into her Soulbond, a Zoroark named Shae.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Shae was much older than Kat and she took care of her, the pokemon not feeling any reason to take Kat back some place she was unhappy when she felt qualified to take care of her. Whether she was correct about this was debatable but with Shae's illusion ability the pair were able to avoid any attempts to take Kat back to the orphanage quite easily. Being alone with just a pokemon for company probably wasn't too good for Kat's mental health but Kat was too young and Shae too proud to accept this.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]With Shae's illusion abilities and Kat's natural agility the pair were able to easily survive in the city, picking pockets and swiping unattended food, and when times were tough Shae would catch food for the pair of them. Kat was hungry and cold a lot but she felt much happier living like this as long as she had Shae with her, and she had an unreasonable fear that the orphanage would take Shae away if she went back. Through good and bad times the pair survived in Fuchsia city for over ten years. Though they made some trips to neighbouring cities as Kat got older the girl knew Fuchsia city like the back of her hand and it was the easiest place for her to survive.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Kat had never heard of Team Rocket, and certainly had no intention of joining in some mission to try and stop them, until one cold night when she, or rather Shae, became the victim of an attempted kidnapping by a Rocket Grunt. Thankfully the "attempted" was just so, through a mixture of illusions and brute force Shae was able to escape the Rockets despite being injured fairly severely. Kat's first trip to a pokemon centre wasn't a pleasant one and if she hadn't already been as angry as humanly possible at the Rockets for hurting HER Shae, the residual pain that bled over as the nurses worked on her would have made her so. Within hours of leaving the Pokemon Centre Kat and Shae were hunting for Rocket members and looking for some way to get revenge and it was while doing this that she found the flyer that called her to the Fuchsia Gym.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Pokémon: [/FONT][FONT=&quot]Zoroark[/FONT][FONT=&quot]
Name: Shae

Appearance: Shae doesn't vary in natural appearance much from your average Zoroark, and the ways in which she does are mostly subtle. Her reds are a fraction darker, her dark chest fur extends a little bit lower and her left ear has a tiny chip taken out of it. For the most part only Kat or another Zoroark would be able to pick these differences out. The only major difference she has is that around the blue orb that holds her mane together Shae wears a black ribbon almost identical to the one Kat uses in her ponytail.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]As of the start of the roleplay Shae has several newly healed cuts across her torso and arms. These will eventually heal leaving small scars.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]

Personality: While she has never told Kat her exact age, it was clear from the moment they met that Shae is very old. Well, "very" is a subjective word, especially when it's being used to describe a seven year old's interpretation of old. Still Shae is much more worldly and experienced that her young Bonded and in the early years she practically acted at Kat's mother.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Fortunately age hasn't dulled Shae's love of a good prank, something that brought her and her human close together. Under normal circumstances Shae is the more reserved and careful of the two when it comes to risks but she does have an adrenaline junky side to her that Kat has spent many a year learning how to provoke.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Shae tends to have a rather ruthless way of looking at the world and you could make a solid argument that she cares very little for any being in it that isn't Kat. Shae would happily kill to protect her and would probably consider it just to keep her happy. This protective streak runs a bit too deep sometimes; Shae can find it hard to look past Kat's faults and more than once they have done something extremely stupid because Kat was convinced it would work and Shae went along with her. As the above might suggest the two have a very loving relationship, closer to that of a mother and child or younger and older sisters than the typical relationship between human and pokemon.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]
Opening Post: [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]The nurses at the Fuchsia pokemon centre weren't quite expecting a physically sound girl to come staggering into their centre, looking half dead and dragging a heavily bleeding Zoroark behind her, but they certainly reacted quickly. Within seconds of entering the building Kat had been mobbed, given a heavy dose of painkillers and then bustled away to a comfy chair while Shae was wheeled away into surgery. The combination of drugs and exhaustion meant that Kat was quiet, but the girl was far from calm as she sat there and thought. Thought about the black clad men who had attacked them, who had tried to take Shae away from her. Kat didn't sleep a wink that night, she just sat there and simmered in her anger, focusing on each twinge of pain that got through as Shae was healed.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Several days later when Shae was eventually healthy again if sporting several new scars, the pair left the hospital with vengeance and anger in their minds. Fortunately before they could head off and hunt down the man who had hurt them, a stray gust of wind blew a very important piece of paper into their path.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]---[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Several days later found Kat and Shae crouching on a rooftop near the Fuchsia Gym watching carefully as people arrived to answer the message. The anger that she had felt was still just as strong as it had been but it was tinted with nervousness now. She wasn't used to doing something like this, purposely putting herself out there and having to interact with people; she was more used to ignoring and avoiding them unless they had a particularly tasty looking wallet. She shifted nervously on the rooftop as she watched, pressing herself a bit closer into the Zoroark besides her.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]"What d'you think Shae?" she asked softly, raising one hand to run her fingers through the thick fur of the pokemon looming behind her. The Zoroark tilted her head and thought for a moment before muzzling against Kat comfortingly, It'd be safer than going after them by ourselves." she said softly through their bond. Despite how protective she was over Kat Shae didn't actually have to fight often and losing so badly had shaken her. She wanted revenge as much as Kat but she was nervous about confronting the Rockets by themselves.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]The people didn't look so threatening from up here, they looked small and like they were in another world. That would change when she actually got down there though; they would cease to be vague figured that she could just watch and actual people that she had to talk to. With a sigh Kat squeezed Shae's paw and then started to make her way down off the roof, dropping down to the ground nimbly and trying to sound more confident than she felt. "No time like the present then."[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]
Password: Soul Eater[/FONT]

Last edited:

Satan.EXE

King of the Hell
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jun 12, 2015
Loving your character Manska, accepted! I like how well the sheet wraps everything together!

TheZenTraveler

I know my profile is out of date, but don't worry,
Years
Name: Felix Winters

Appearance:
Spoiler:

Personality:
Spoiler:

History:
Spoiler:

Felix's Soulbond:
Species: Alakazam
Name: Kato

Appearance:
Kato wears the same type of robes that Felix wears with one small difference, Pockets sewn in on either side of the waist for his spoons. The only real discerning factor, other than that of the robes, is the fact that he sports a silver moustache instead of tan.

Personality:
Spoiler:

Odds and ends:
Spoiler:

Opening Post:

Spoiler:

Soul Calibur!

Tixen

*Insert something witty here*
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Dec 11, 2015
... Okay, I was going to be able to give you an SU for this tonight, but my computer decided to be evil and crash, and of course I didn't save. So I'll get it up a bit later for you, okay? For the record, my character's name will be Luna Delora, and her bonded is a Hydreigon named Asmodeus.

Satan.EXE

King of the Hell
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jun 12, 2015
Zen, fantastic sign-up, it is definitely accepted!

Tixen, I'll await yours!

Tixen

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Dec 11, 2015
Sorry about this taking so long - I caught a case of Writer's Block, and then afterwards went and probably overdid the whole thing. Oh well, here's the SU.

Character Name: Luna Delora

Appearance: Standing just over 4 feet in height, Luna is of average size for a girl her age with a healthy build from spending a lot of time running around. Her skin is a lightly tanned, and often covered in freckles in places, mainly along her shoulders and across her cheeks and nose. Her face has a very babyish look to it, mostly due to her age, with eyes that are a warm brown colour, which is a close shade to that of her hair as well. She tends to wear her hair in two small pigtails on each side of her head, held in place by green ribbons. A fringe that ends just above her eyes covers her forehead, part of it held off her face on the right hand side by a hairclip with a pink flower on the end.

As puberty is just starting for her, earlier than most, she tends to wear oversized shirts in order to conceal any changes to her body that might occur. Her favourite is sleeveless, with stripes in various shades of green, and a Gradcidea flower printed on the front. She often wears white denim shorts, which over time have become slightly trashed around the edges and ripped. For shoes, she tends to rely on a pair of green canvas shoes, the laces of which are bright pink now, as she replaced them herself a few years ago. If the weather is colder, Luna adds a pair of black leggings under her shorts, and adds on a dark green puffy jacket, which is lined on the inside with watermelon pink.

Personality: Luna comes across as being a very cheerful child, as well as being someone who's mental age is a fair bit lower than what she is actually, as she is quite naïve. Her view of the world is very black and white, as she believes in good and evil in the very extremes of the ideas, tending to classify people as either one of these two things based upon her first impression of them, and treats them as such, unless they can change how she views them. Those who she views as being "good", she takes exceptional liking to. For these people, her praise, admiration and smiles are infinite, and she holds these people up as models of what people and Pokémon should be. However, if she dubs a person to be "bad", she makes sure that plenty of glares, snark and general bad behaviour from herself is directed towards them, as in her mind, this is justified as they are a "bad" person. Of course, by taking this very childish view of other people's behaviour, Luna sets herself up to be disappointed and confused, especially when someone she decides is one stereotype, behaves in a manner that contradicts that label. When this does happen, she usually isn't sure of how to handle it, and blames it on external factors, rather than thinking that her own methods of judging people to be flawed.

She has a burning curiosity about all things in life, often asking people she trusts various things, regardless of how silly she thinks they are, or whether or not she thinks the person she's asking will be able to answer it. When people's answers do not satisfy her, she tends to go and seek them out herself, leading her to often journey to far reaching places in order to satisfy her curiosity. Luna doesn't mind this, she knows enough to figure that while she may have to go a long way in order to find the answers to her questions, the road leading there could also raise more questions, and thus giving her more reason to continue exploring as she sees fit. For her, this is more than enough reason to continue living the lifestyle she does.

The relationship between her and her bonded Pokémon, Hettie, is quite an interesting one. Luna regards Hettie as the kind of family that she never had, and delights in spending every moment with the Banette. However, due to the bond, Hettie's personality and her rage can filter through to Luna, who in turn can then start to act quite bizarrely for her normal characteristics. If she can sense Hettie's bloodlust, Luna starts to become highly focused upon fighting, defeating, humiliating and destroying those she considers to be her opponents at the time, finding herself enjoying the violence that she previously was uncomfortable with, often giggling while this happens. These moments don't generally last very long, but they are enough to disturb the girl, as she then tries to figure out whether she is a 'good' person or a 'bad' person. To her, the idea of being a 'bad' person herself terrifies her, as she never wants to be like the people whom she shuns for their behaviour, understanding that doing such a thing would be horribly contradictory, and wrong in her mind. She does not link Hettie with these tendencies, which are becoming more and more frequent over time, as she remembers how she behaved before bonding with Hettie, recognizing the similarities between then and now. She still refuses to draw the final conclusion though - that she herself is a violent person - as she simply does not wish to face this conclusion.

History: Luna seems to have been born someone around the area of Lavender Town, as she was simply left for an orphanage in that area around the time she was born. Some staff of that orphanage did a little bit of digging, and found that her mother seemed to have abandoned her due to being too young to be able to support a daughter. She wasn't named when she arrived at the orphanage, but soon people started calling her 'Luna' due to her habit of sitting by windows at night and staring at the moon for hours on end. Her last name was given to her, as it was the name of her mother.

As a child, she was very withdrawn from the rest of the children living in the orphanage, preferring to keep to herself and play with various toys. Those who tried to engage her in conversation found that they would be on the receiving end of some rather violent outbursts, as she tended to throw objects that were around her at the other person if they pushed her too much. On one occasion, she got a doll, and used it to demonstrate a lesson to another child in response to his suggestion that she just needed to love a little more. Screaming at him that nobody loved him, or anyone in here at all, she proceeded to cut off each of the doll's limbs with a pair of scissors, telling the boy that nobody, especially not his parents, would care if she did the same thing to him as what she was doing to the doll, because he'd just been abandoned in the orphanage with everyone else like a piece of trash. At this point in time, she took off the head of the doll, after having stabbed it several times with the scissors, and threw it into the trash.

This episode of hers was witnessed by a member of staff, who theorized that it was a lack of familial comfort that caused Luna to behave in the ways that she did, and figured that if she had some kind of family figure, her strange behaviour would cease. However, it was easier said than done to get anybody to adopt the very antisocial child, and she eventually reached the age of 5, showing no signs that her tendencies would stop. Then, one of the staff had a brilliant idea - to send her into the Forest of Spirits to try and bond with a Pokémon. That Pokémon could serve as something for her to love and in return, be loved by. So, Luna was taken to Fuchsia City, and entered the Forest alone. She was in there for a bit less than an hour, and re-emerged with a small Shuppet floating by her shoulder, which she'd named Hettie.

The staff were less than pleased about this partner of hers, who seemed to radiate silent fury. But Luna quickly came to see Hettie as her family, treating her with as much love and respect as she could. By having the ghost type around, Luna slowly became more stable and friendly, eventually becoming a very cheerful young girl - it was almost a complete transformation.

When she reached the age of 8, Luna decided that she wanted to travel around Kanto with Hettie by herself. She'd developed a healthy curiosity of the world around her, and wanted to see it with her own eyes. The staff were hesitant about sending her out by herself so young, by she pointed out that that children who were less mature than she was were allowed to, plus Hettie was a fair bit stronger than many of the Pokemon those children were bonded to initially, due to the training that they'd done over the years. Eventually, the staff agreed, and the two set out to explore as they wished. Throughout the journey they met with other bonded groups, and started battling against them. At first, the pain that they felt was quite difficult for Luna to overcome, but eventually she did, with Hettie evolving into a Banette, and the two's bond became even closer than before.

After that evolution, occasionally when the two of them battled, Luna would find that she could feel Hettie's fury, and for a couple of seconds, she held that same fury within her. These moments scared her, and people who are scared often do stupid things, with Luna deciding to ignore this, deciding that it must just be a figment of her imagination, or just being able to feel the bond between herself and Hettie stronger at those points in time. But, as time went on, they only became steadily more frequent, and longer lasting.

Around the current time period, the two started hearing about these "Rockets", which were appearing and causing large amounts of trouble within society, acting in ways which Luna deemed made them 'bad' people. She found that she could find out about them in the newspapers, from seeing broadcasts or hearing the radio, or through word of mouth, which gave her fairly regular updates on the trouble that this group was causing. She decided that these people had to be stopped due to the crimes they were commiting, and a few weeks later, she came across a flyer asking all bonded people to gather together to fight back against them. Feeling how much Hettie approved of this, the two made their way to Fuchsia City to join the cause.

Pokémon: Banette
Name: Hettie

Appearance: Hettie is a bit smaller than the average Banette, with brilliant red glowing eyes. Her body is covered with jagged stitching, often concentrated heavily around her limbs, and her neck in particular. However, a lot of this is covered by a rag she wears as a scarf around her neck, the edges spattered a deep red.

Personality: As most Banette's are, Hettie's primary motivation for existing at all is revenge. Her owner, when she was a doll, was a rather violent child, tending to cut the dolls limbs off with scissors, before eventually its head, and then discarding it. However, her memories of this time are quite hazy, meaning that she has difficulty remembering who exactly was her owner. After she was born, this was the only memory of humans, and over time, her memories of this one human extended to lead to an intense hatred towards all humans. So, for her, becoming bonded to Luna wasn't something she was originally pleased with, because she quickly found that no matter how much she wanted to, she could never really hurt her in any way. Eventually, she realised that in some ways, she envied her, as Luna seemed to have a joy in her that Hettie had never felt.

However, this did nothing to stop her vengeful nature, as she came to the conclusion that being bonded allowed her more opportunities to harm other humans, all while not getting in trouble at all for it. Nor did kindness Luna showed her change her opinion of humanity - she is to blinded by hate to really see what they are actually like. As such, she often enjoys being able to fight against other bonded, knowing that the pain she inflicts upon the Pokémon is felt by the human, and manipulated Luna to allow herself more opportunities to fight. She warps her human a lot, telling her to do certain things for certain reasons that seem viable, but are more related to her own wishes than anything else. This is also the reason why she tries to push her rage onto her human on a regular basis, as she finds the results allow her to inflict more harm upon others. Hettie is glad for the large number of humans and bonded humans in this world, because she finds that without her desire for vengeance, she simply seems to be little more than an empty husk, and that terrifies her most of all.

Opening Post: Luna dangled her feet over the edge of the seat within the train, swinging them to and fro out of sheer boredom. It was sure taking a while to arrive in Fuchsia, and the delays hadn't helped. She glanced up at her silent guardian, and the movement caused the pink clip in her hair to fall out. Yelping out loud, she quickly clambered off the seat, crawling around on the floor trying to see where it had landed. Eventually, she found it lying under the seat, having bounced off the floor and slid over there. The small girl pulled herself back onto her seat, taking care to avoid the place where a spring was sticking out from one of the checked red cushions. She swiftly stuck the hair clip back into its original position in her fringe, and tapped it once, pleased with how it seemed to be staying there.

Her brown eyes turned upwards, again looking at the Banette who floated above her, slightly to the right. Hettie looked looked as she always did - her scarf floated in the air around her on an invisible breeze that nobody but her seemed to be effected by. The Banette's red eyes glowed eerily, adding to the sombre ambience that surrounded her. But the thing that made her seem the creepiest to most people were all of the stitches covering her body, as if she'd been ripped apart and sewn back together. Luna followed the stich lines around her bonded Pokémon. They circled around her arms, around both of her legs, and then, there was those around her neck, some of them half hidden by the scarf. Of course, there were splattering's of the stitches on other parts of her body, the most obvious being around her heart and left eye.

Luna felt that familiar sadness that flowed through her every time she beheld the stitching on her bonded Pokémon. She couldn't comprehend how bad the person who'd done this to Hettie had been, to have given her such grievous injuries. She just wanted to hug the Banette and tell the bad person to go away and never touch Hettie again. Although, she'd never found out who the bad person was, or what they'd done to her to have left her with these marks - she seemed most reluctant to tell her, or sometimes it seemed that she herself didn't know what had happened.

The red eyes flashed to meet brown, and the ghost Pokémon's expression turned to one of contempt. Luna quickly turned her eyes away, wrapping her hands around herself. She knew that Hettie hated it when she felt sorry for her, and she didn't want to make her Pokémon feel sad or hate her, so she tried to keep her pity under tabs.

A ghostly hand waved in the girl's vision, causing her to look up, spotting her bonded Pokémon gesturing to the window. Curious, Luna turned around, and whooped with delight upon seeing that the city of Fuchsia was laid out just a little way ahead of them. She pressed against the glass, squashing her face in a way that would have been hilarious to people looking from the outside, surveying the city. She could see the dense, mist covered Forest of Spirits to the left of the city, the tall trees rising out of the ground and giving the city that lay next to a sense of grandeur and importance. The city itself was a sprawling mess of mismatching buildings, both modern and old, mixed together to create one being, built upon the lives of all those who lived within it. The 10 year old girl was just bouncing with excitement upon finally reaching it.

"Look Hettie!" She exclaimed, turning her face to look at the Banette. "Its Fuchsia City!"

The ghost type rolled her eyes and folded her arms over her chest, as if to point out that she'd just made that obvious, but she couldn't help but feel Luna's excitement, and floated over the window to have a look.

Behind them, from the seat on the other side of the train, a man laughed aloud. The two spun around at the same time to look at him. He seemed like a middle aged business man, wearing neat clothes and carrying a briefcase beside him. Upon seeing the two of them studying him, he laughed sheepishly, and waved a hand at them.

"Ah, sorry sweetie, you're just reminding me of my own daughter. She's so excitable..." He paused, clearly thinking back to his own family, before his green eyes flicked back to reality, and focused upon Luna. "Speaking of which, where are your parents? Shouldn't they be with you on such a big trip like this?"

Luna's eyes narrowed, and she folded her arms, pouting. "I don't need no parents!" She stated boldly. "They didn't want me, so I don't want them!"

The man recoiled for a moment, and looked down, his hair covering his eyes from sight. "I see..." He muttered to himself, before glancing back up again at the girl. "So why are you travelling here then?"

Her brown eyes lit up, and she reached over to rummage around in her green backpack, pulling out a flyer. She walked over and held it up to the man, who went to read it, pulling out a pair of glasses as he did.

"See? Its calling for all Soulbonded human's and their Pokémon to come help the Gym Leader Janine get rid of these Team Rocket bad people." She stated proudly. "I'm going over to help them out."

The man jerked back in shock, staring at her as if she'd just sprouted a second head. "Y-You? You're just a little girl, and you want to go up against a group of thugs? Are you insane or something? That's far too dangerous for someone as young as you!"

Luna glared at the man, ripping the flyer back out of his grip. "You're mean, you know that right? I can do whatever I want to do, and I want to help get rid of the bad people. And besides, what have you done that's good for society recently?"

They remained there in silence for a moment, the man staring at her, before eventually turning away from the blazing strength of her eyes, which she directed straight at him. Seeming satisfied, Luna turned, just as an overhead speaker announced that the next stop was the Pokémon Gym. She picked up her little backpack, and walked over to the door as it opened, Hettie floating beside her, seeming pleased at how events had played out.

"Later, old mean man!" Luna yelled back into the train at the stunned businessman, and didn't give him a second glance as the doors closed. She was already focused upon finding the Pokémon Gym.

Password: Soul Evans

Last edited:

Satan.EXE

King of the Hell
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jun 12, 2015
A few minor things before I can accept it:

Other kids' starters? That word doesn't make much sense in this RP.
Previous owners? Not sure where that was meant to go, since bonds live and die along with their bond.

Otherwise, it's a pretty good character, I like the elements you're putting into the duo.

Tixen

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Dec 11, 2015
My apologies - the starter thing was bad wording on my part. However, the "previous owner" is meant to be there. In most Pokedex entries regarding Banette, it states that Banette is "A doll that became a Pokémon over its grudge from being junked. It seeks the child that disowned it." I'm using this to give Hettie her vengeful personality, as she was once a doll that was mutilated and "junked", as its put in the 'dex. Thus, she was once an object rather than a sentient being, and therefore capable of having an "owner", as she was an object. So, the use of that word is merely meant to imply that she was a possession of someone else in her past life, when she was a doll, rather than implying that she has had multiple people whom she has been bonded with. Does that make sense?

Satan.EXE

King of the Hell
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jun 12, 2015
Alright, then if that's it, it's accepted.

So, what do you guys think? Should we go for starting IC, or try and hold out in hopes that a few more people will join us?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back