• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

CSS Help & Resources

Years
Quick, and simple question? How do you move a box in amother box, to a certain area in the box, such as left or right? If you don't know what I mean, look at Shiny Quagsire's signature.

icycatelf

Alex
Years
I need help creating an external style sheet, or better yet, for someone to make it for me. My website can be found here. Please help. ;A;

I used to know how to do these, but it's been a while and I've completely forgotten. I tried to do it, but I failed horribly:

Spoiler:

Last edited:
Years
Quick, and simple question? How do you move a box in amother box, to a certain area in the box, such as left or right? If you don't know what I mean, look at Shiny Quagsire's signature.

You want a float element, such as float:right or float:left, inside the div tag for the smaller box. What can also help positioning is the use of padding.

I need help creating an external style sheet, or better yet, for someone to make it for me. My website can be found here. Please help. ;A;

I used to know how to do these, but it's been a while and I've completely forgotten. I tried to do it, but I failed horribly:

Spoiler:

This page and this page should help you remember. Each page has an example of how to link to an external style sheet in a fairly easy to find place on the page.

Also, make sure you're saving it as a .css file, since Notepad has a tendency to append .txt if you have it set to hide known file extensions within Windows.

Germaniac

Victoria Concordia Crescit
Years
Can someone help me? I want this to be cursor in my sig:
Ani493MS.png

King Gumball

Haven't been here for ages...
Years
Okay this is probably a very stupid question, but I have only just become interested in CSS. Are you meant to make your CSS in Text Edit (I have Mac)?

Alternative

f i r e f l y .
Years
Okay this is probably a very stupid question, but I have only just become interested in CSS. Are you meant to make your CSS in Text Edit (I have Mac)?
You can make your CSS in your sig on here. You don't need to make it in any other programs.

I want to have a CSS class that has the top corners rounded, but the bottom corners straight edged. Webkit-border-radius rounds all corners, I only want the top two rounded. An example of what I'm looking for is here:

http://pokemon.marriland.com/hgss/walkthrough/zephyrbadge/route_29-1
Without definition, the code will act upon everything. For seperate corners to be rounded you need to have a seperate code. you add "-topleft/topright/bottomleft/bottomright" after the code, depending on what you want. I'm assuming you want something like this yes?
example

The Lord of Smug
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Oct 17, 2013
sorry for the n00b question,
I want images on the left and the right of my current signature, on the black bars.
This is the signature coding I'm using.
[center][div="width: 468px; height: 298px; background-color: black; overflow: visible; background-position: center;"][div=" color: white ;cursor: crosshair; background-image:url("http://img141.imageshack.us/img141/6964/pokemoneskypillarexteri.png"); border: dashed 1px #FFFFFF; font-variant: small-caps; width: 368px; height: 298px; font-size: 10px; text-align: left;"][assist=Beware of Rayquaza!]649 - Gateway to the sky[/assist]
[assist=Solo Challenge, Dual Type Challenge, Ultimate Monotype Challenge]Current Challenges[/assist]
[assist=A fun Mafia game in Pokemon Trivia, check it out!]Project PokeGrove[/assist]
[assist=PMD - Night and Day, Uniting Aurora]Roleplays[/assist]
[assist=-less]Pair[/assist][/div][/div][/center]

and this is the image I want.
http://images.gifmania.pk/Animated-...Pokemon/Images-Pokeball/animated-pokeball.gif

I can't seem to find a way to get it on there.

Years
Try making divs on either side of the center div and float them to the sides you want them on. No guarantee this'll work, though. Also, you could try an [image=left/right][/image] BBCode and see if that does what you want it to.

The Lord of Smug
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Oct 17, 2013
I am having such a hard time with this.
The [image=left/right][/image] tags are working, but I can't seem to stack multiple images. I want three pokeballs on the left and the right sides, and I've tried every way I could think of, like making separate boxes, but it's not working. Can anyone tell me how?

Impo

Playhouse Pokemon
Years
umm.. is the css tutoring still going?
because i desperately want to learn just the basics.

CSS Knowlage: nada, i know, its bad
Preffered Teaching Method: vm/pm/msn, even skype, if you want
Why you want to learn/how much you wish to know: i just think it's neat, CSS (i love computery stuff :P )/the basics, enough so i can create thouse box thingies and make em look awesome.
Time Zone: GMT +9.30 (adeliade)
Name/Nickname/What we can call you: Impo works :)

if i need a sign up sheet

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 30, 2023
Nope, it's stopped, since the tutors kind of abandoned it and well, too many people were signing up and assuming that the tutors could do all the work for them etc.

CSS is easy, didn't take me long to learn, I advise that you look at the tutorials in the first post.

Impo

Playhouse Pokemon
Years
Nope, it's stopped, since the tutors kind of abandoned it and well, too many people were signing up and assuming that the tutors could do all the work for them etc.

CSS is easy, didn't take me long to learn, I advise that you look at the tutorials in the first post.

i have. i'll just be persistent :)

Impo

Playhouse Pokemon
Years
i made a little CSS box thingy as my sig,
i was wondering how to make the text a part of it in the fancy writing,
i know the codes, just not where to put them; and do i put them in square brackets?

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 30, 2023
Add in the codes
font-family: "font name here";
Color: color here; <--- either by name or by hex (#)
Font-style: italic or none; <--- choose one
Font-weight: normal or bold; <--- choose one

And then make sure the text after is is not formatted, so highlight your text and press the
removeformat.gif
button. And this would all go in the brackets. Choose which ones you wish to use.

Impo

Playhouse Pokemon
Years
another question,
is there a way to stack images?
say i want to add some ribbons
Spoiler:

to the left side of each sprite, can i do that?

Back