• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

"I hate people. They suck and the world would be better without them."

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 1, 2024
How do you feel about the human race as a whole? Honestly.

Kura

twitter.com/puccarts
Years
There are a lot of miserable, terrible people that sadly natural selection can't really kill off anymore, so dumb people are breeding more and more and producing even dumber children.

But there are the few people out there that break the chain and are absolutely brilliant. People who wanna change the world, or people who just want to live a good, honest life, people who want to inspire, and people who want to make the world better.

They are few and far between but they are so fantastic. The rest are like the title here.

droomph

weeb
Years
The minority speaks for the whole. It's a good world out there, led by bad people.

I swear somebody should make being dumb illegal and punishable by death or something because most of the Internet...

anyways

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Oct 25, 2012
Pretty much summed it up, humans are corrupted. Obviously there are the good people, but I feel like the human race is more flawed than any. Other animal species have existed longer than we have and have only evolved positively, to maintain a healthy existence. I feel like as we progress we get closer to destroying ourselves.

What a positive view on my native species. :)

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
Years
People are generally good and interesting as individuals, but groups of people- whether it be a political party, a nationality, or just a clique- are annoying and rude and impossible to deal with. When you consider a group of people rather than the individuals, the bad qualities are accentuated. With an individual, though... the majority are easy to deal with and fairly good in general.

NightOfRemorse

my anxieties have anxieties
Years
The title of this basically sums up what I think. I understand that there are nice people out there, but people in general bother/anger me too much to really care.

Hannah

beep bop boop
Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Nov 16, 2021
Basically, people have flaws. No one is perfect. But each flaw is beautiful in a different pair of eyes. There's a kid out there, who's probably reading this right now, who wants to make the world a better place. And I bet there's a serial killer on the loose, just finding the perfect time to strike. All in all, I think this human race is great, but it has its down sides.

Guillermo

i own a rabbit heh
Years
The human race is disappointing and it's being taken over by 12 year old females that like to look like ducks in their photos and say things like "swag" and "yolo". There are a few unique individuals left but that's the minority.

Years
The human race is disappointing and it's being taken over by 12 year old females that like to look like ducks in their photos and say things like "swag" and "yolo". There are a few unique individuals left but that's the minority.

Pretty much this.
It is just Twitter and Tumblr that makes me angry and ashamed at how many 'cool hipsters' there are.

Anyway, that isn't the point in the thread. The human race is fine apart from about 10-20% maybe? Might be a over estimate there...​

Years
A lot of humanity is under- or uneducated and therefore dumb. Some especially awful people try to keep it that way for their own interests and those people suck and the world would be better without them. I can't speak for the masses though. I feel like lots of them haven't been given a real chance to decide if they want to be good, kind, helpful, sympathetic people or not because they're clouded by their worldviews.

LividZephyr

Oxymoron, not a moron, thanks
Years
Natural selection doesn't always apply to humans, and it's unfortunate. Like this one time this idiot walked into the crosswalk at a busy intersection despite her light being red and her going right into traffic. It was like a video game and that cars would automatically stop for her... and she was on her cell phone yacking. Moron.

It's true that some people burn themselves to death or destroy their house with bug bombs or use a fire to thaw their tanker truck's gas line (yes, those are all true stories I've heard) and they naturally don't survive, but "natural selection" only applies to self-infliction for humans. It's sad that it's a crime to run over a woman who is walking in the middle of the street, because she was basically killing herself. The worst part is that those idiots breed and have no idea how to educate their children, so the epidemic continues because of it.

Also, shows like Teen Mom exist and give spotlight to things that don't deserve it, making it look like teenage pregnancies are okay. They're not. Women without high school diplomas are nowhere near prepared to raise their children, plus they don't have the life experiences or the money, thus their kids have it rough and can't always grow up to be responsible, which is bad for society.

There's also the fact that there is no American President right now. Obama is too busy campaigning and concerning himself with pageantry as opposed to doing his job, and he's letting illegal immigrants come in waves, taking jobs from Americans out of their need as opposed to ours, thus killing the economy. This system is flawed and fuels peoples' fire, because they can't find a job and instead rely on the government to pay their way, which is really taxpayer dollar, and that only increases their entitlement (I'm not trying to spark political discussion, I'm merely making a point at how our system fuels people's selfish entitlement).

Our education system is also too messed up. I mean, one in three Americans can't point out the US on a map. What the hell is wrong with those people? Is our system not working? Why are we so concerned with teaching students high-level math over common sense, which isn't so common anymore?

I really dislike the state of humanity right now, and I constantly find more and more reasons to lose hope. I posted about that Retail comic strip in the Retail fan club as a recommendation to them, and the truths in that strip sadden me. Stupid customers that have no idea how things work. Selfish people who always try to get their way no matter what the cost or rules broken. It's a sad world right now, and because its people can't come together to stop the plague because they're too entitled and stupid to, we're going to be stuck with this until the human race kills itself... which may be during our lifetime.

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
Years
I'm glad to see that the view here seems to be moderately positive. I don't like people getting down on the world, I find it a little obnoxious moaning about how bad humanity is, as though they actually know anything about humanity outside of their little corner of the world.

I'm optimistic about humanity. I see it as widely varied and infinitely fascinating. You have to take the good with the bad, and I'm glad there are bad people out there because that makes the fight to overcome them that much more exciting. If the worst thing people did in this world was steal your toaster strudel, the world would be boring. I like that there's light and shade.

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
Years
If I could choose only one word to describe the human race, I'd say either 'flawed' or 'imperfect'. Though it may not sound it, I don't mean either of those in a negative way. One of the cliche statements I truly believe with regard to life, the universe and everything is that variety is the spice of life. It's our 'flaws' that make us human, and though that turns some people into relatively bad eggs, some of our flaws make us really interesting to hang around with. Most importantly, it just makes us all unique, and interesting. And I wouldn't change that fact for anything.

Back