• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Pokémon] ~>{*Shiny Hunters Club}<~

Years
  • Seen Dec 13, 2013
*Drum Roll* I FINALLY BEAT WHITE *calms down* now I can start shiny hunting with the new (for me) improved Medusa odds, I'm so excited i can also now transfer pokemon from my heartgold
I think I'm gonna Medusa Charmander while RE'ing for litwick

er-hem. if i may interject here, what you are actually referring to is the mythical creature called Medusa, who turned you to stone with her eyes and had snakes for hair. the person you are actually referring to is MASUDA. though i do find it funny that you with turn Charmander into stone if you go that way.

yes, im still around. ive picked up hunting a little bit more, by going into Platinum and continue hunting by the Valley Windworks, though so far nothing has showed up. also, my DSi has now decided to freeze up every now and then on a wymsi, so now i have to be careful how i place the darn thing (no, i dont have a 3DS..............yet

Years
It looks like the club has had a drought for a long time, I haven't been one to receive it so I'll give it.

GOOD LUCK!

Anyway, I gave up on Torchic with 2000 resets because lets be honest, the shiny sprite for Torchic and Blaziken is just horrible. So I've transitioned to Treecko, and am hoping for some good luck from you guys.

SS01

#PoC Collab
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Jul 18, 2016
Lake of Retro - The drought is OVER!
Okay, I thought I wouldn't have time to post between now and when I get back from vacation, but:

Spoiler:

Well, the NHL All-Star game had just ended (C'mon, ANY Hockey fans other than me?) and it occurred to me that my friend had asked me to RNG something for him, and I should get started. So, I headed to the dreamyard basement to find a synchronize Munna. And, after a little while, a shiny Raticate appeared in a double encounter with a Munna! so I KO the munna, and caught Raticate.

Photos:
Spoiler:

Sorry about the low-quality iPod Photos.
I gave it Squeak as a temporary nickname,
but I plan on changing it changed it to Alfie, the captain of
my all-star team. (Google Daniel Alfredsson)

Anyway, I gave up on Torchic with 2000 resets because lets be honest, the shiny sprite for Torchic and Blaziken is just horrible. So I've transitioned to Treecko, and am hoping for some good luck from you guys.

Really? I like Torchic's shiny sprite way more than the normal one.
And, well, you asked for it: Good Luck to you, and everyone else!

Last edited:

Latios Master

11 Year PC Member
Years
Congrats on the shiny Raticate, ShinySearcher01!

This week's random hunt is... Krabby! Sorry for being late again.

I'm currently only hatching Eevee. I bred the move Wish onto it and am currently breeding for the preferred nature for an Umbreon, Careful. I also spent a short amount of time MMing Cyndaquil.

Years
Okay, I thought I wouldn't have time to post between now and when I get back from vacation, but:

Spoiler:
Congrats! thats so crazy =)

i gave up on finding a shiny Poliwhirl to do a montype challenge on SoulSilver, but i might pick up the hunt again on Platinum

Arceus Whisper

Shiny Hunter
Years

Spoiler:

Photos:
Spoiler:
Congratz just dropping in for a quick update and question

Charmander: 250 Eggs
Litwick: 150 Encounters (I know its absolutely nothing but I REALLY want Shiny Charizard he's probably on my top 10 coolest Shiny list)

I been reading about others shiny hunting experiences and I found them complaining that there internal batteries have died. Can your game not produce shinies after the battery dies?

G-Money

Polychromatic Iridescence
Years
what you are actually referring to is the mythical creature called Medusa, who turned you to stone with her eyes and had snakes for hair.

"lol" no wonder the club activity slows down! Shiny hunting is a very dangerous business, I warn ye! :pirate: All beware the evil Medusa Method! The treasures are bountiful, but the risks are...risky! Many a hunter has fallen and is now turned to stone. :cer_cry:

Spoiler:

Congrats!!! Also, enjoy your skiing! Go Bruins!

And "lol," if you think those are low-quality, you probably haven't seen my potato or toaster shots before! :cer_laugh:

MMing Cyndaquil.

Beware the Medusa Method, lest you and your shinies turn to stone!! :cer_disbelief:

I been reading about others shiny hunting experiences and I found them complaining that there internal batteries have died. Can your game not produce shinies after the battery dies?

The internal battery is only an issue in Ruby and Sapphire. There's some uncertainty as to exactly what it does, but basically it prevents you from getting SR shinies, or at the very least makes it much more difficult to get them. You can still find shinies, but the game clock is stopped, so you can't get berries, Shoal Cave is stuck at one tide all the time, and other time-based events won't occur. You will still be able to get shinies from random encounters, though.

And I've been forgetting to distribute the luck!! Thanks to Lake of Retro for reminding us, "lol." *passes luck around, starting with Lake of Retro*

*hopes Lake of Retro doesn't get turned to stone Medusa Methoding* :D

Chr. Draco

Spatial Rift
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Apr 6, 2024
Ok, I finished organizing all my data for now, so time for some updates.

First, I got a shiny musharna on january 19th, here's the pic:

View attachment 63249

Also evolved my shiny lilipup who is now a stoutland and leveled my shiny stunfisk to lv 100, I'm planning to train my litwick soon and I still have my shiny servine at lv 99.

Moving on to the next subject:

Congrats to G-Money for his anniversary as a member.
Congrats to shinysearcher01 for his shiny raticate ( I like the name squeak makes me remember the tv program garfield).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keruso
what you are actually referring to is the mythical creature called Medusa, who turned you to stone with her eyes and had snakes for hair.

"lol" no wonder the club activity slows down! Shiny hunting is a very dangerous business, I warn ye! :pirate: All beware the evil Medusa Method! The treasures are bountiful, but the risks are...risky! Many a hunter has fallen and is now turned to stone.
4.%20cry.gif

wow, makes me remember of some games where the character has the petrify/stone status, be careful guys and have a soft or remedy on hand (items that cures stone status) and also a mirror shield.

Also I'll add soon in my signature an item that may be helpful for hunting.

Don't know if I forgot to add something so congrats to any new shinies.

I think that's all for now, cya and happy hunting everyone.

Quick edit: ok, I've added the item to my signature, hope it helps.

Last edited:
Years
Heya!

I haven't posted in almost, very nearly, forever. And I was going to attempt to read up on every post since I posted last but...
Well...
Maybe I have less patience for that than shiny hunting!
So, good luck and congratulations for everything I've missed thus far!

As for me, I just started hunting again. Finally.

Riolu is at just over 950 eggs (MM). I'm gonna leave Snivy for now, and Ho-oh, until I finish Riolu. I'll probably resume Snivy as a side-hunt like before when I start my next Masuda target.
I have a feeling Riolu will shine soon - and I hope so!

SS01

#PoC Collab
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Jul 18, 2016
Hey Everyone, I had a great trip, didn't actually reset starters (forgot I had to catch the Kanto birds) but still had a great time, and hopefully I brought back de la bonne chance de Québec for everybody. Still MM'ing Snivy and SR'ing Eevee, although I'm more focused on Snivy at the moment.
Thanks for all the congrats everyone.

Congrats!!! Also, enjoy your skiing! Go Bruins!

And "lol," if you think those are low-quality, you probably haven't seen my potato or toaster shots before! :cer_laugh:

Thanks lol! I'm pretty finicky when it comes to photos, just couldn't be bothered to go find my dSLR. And that's funny, we fit three of G-Money's posts on one page! :pink_wink: Well, I'm off to Scotiabank place pretty soon to see the Battle of Ontario unfold as the Sens kick the butts of the Toronto Maple Leafs. :pink_pissed:

Happy hunting everyone!

Last edited:

SS01

#PoC Collab
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Jul 18, 2016
I've decided I might as well join up here. But one quick question, why doesn't chaining count for the challenges?

Welcome to the club, Wolfsbane! (I figure I can do this, sorry if only the owner can accept new members) The reason chaining doesn't count for challenges is you can only do it if you have (and have beaten) DPPt, which wouldn't be fair to members who don't. But you can feel free to post about chained shinies AFAIK.

Basically what G-Money said. If you wanted to get it fixed, you can either:
If you also have a copy of Emerald or FRLG, two GBAs and a link cable, just hold SELECT and B as you boot it, and follow the instructions.

Contact Nintendo. They will replace your game for free, however, you will lose all saved data.

Edit: We NEED more posts... Hopefully when spring break gets here we'll
get back to the five-or-so a night like it was at Christmas, as opposed
to the like, two per week that we have now.

Last edited:

Chr. Draco

Spatial Rift
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Apr 6, 2024
ShinySearcher01Quote:
Originally Posted by WolfsbaneCharm52
I've decided I might as well join up here. But one quick question, why doesn't chaining count for the challenges?

Welcome to the club, Wolfsbane! (I figure I can do this, sorry if only the owner can accept new members) The reason chaining doesn't count for challenges is you can only do it if you have (and have beaten) DPPt, which wouldn't be fair to members who don't. But you can feel free to post about chained shinies AFAIK.

It's not only that, I read in other post that it's because chaining makes shinies to appear too easy, specially when you get used you would complete challenges too fast, maybe if there were a challenge that would be like a race of the first three that catch three shiny chainable pokemon or something like that then maybe things would be different.

Years
  • Seen Dec 13, 2013
2012-02-07120456.jpg

er-hem. well, this was a surprise. ive only been encountering for at least a half hour today after i had gotten home from college, opened up my laptop and started watching Youtube videos and clicking some on GPX+ (secondary reason why i stopped hunting). this breaks my 4 and a half month drought, the longest ive had so far. now, i know it doesnt look like a shiny, that's why i thought ahead:

2012-02-07120722.jpg

i was hoping for Abra to shine. been hunting here for...........oh..........about 3-4 days. I have one from chaining a while back, but a RE is SOOOO much better. im moving into Eterna Forest, hopefully to either a) avenge a lost Wurmple, b) acquire a Cascoon to complete the Wurmple line or c) get a Budew, Buneary or Misdreavous. I dont want a Dustox, but ill grab one if one shows

i think im back....... now i hope for Charmander to shine.....

Years
Welcome to the club WolfsbaneCharm52!
Wow, Keruso, congrats! Good luck on your new hunt!

Right now, I'm up to 1213 MM eggs for Riolu, and 445 MM eggs for Snivy. I'm deciding whether I'll SR for Ho-oh & Articuno or RE for Tangela and something else after I've done with Riolu.

Good luck to everyone else!

EDIT: Just hit 1234 eggs on Riolu! Nothing special, just a funny number :D

Last edited:

SS01

#PoC Collab
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Jul 18, 2016
Hey Y'all, well, I was half-surprised it hadn't been done yet,
so, being moderately tech-savvy, I went ahead and set this up.
(if this idea really takes off, you may want to edit this into the first post.)

I've seen a few people lately saying they want to chat while hunting, somewhere quicker than the forums. As such,
The SHC now has it's own IRC Channel!

Here's how you get there:
Click this link, enter a nickname,
put in the channel #ShinyHuntersClub, and click Go.

Here's how to register your nickname:
/ns register password YourEmail@YourEmailProvider
Example: /ns register 12345678 [email protected]

Here's how to sign in when you connect in the future:
/ns identify password

If anyone has a problem with this, please tell me.
Also, I'm not that great with IRC, so if someone who knows
a lot about it could maybe help us all out, that would be great. (I know what I'm doing for the most part though)
Oh yeah, thanks to TwistedPuppy from TC for supplying the instructions. I just changed the link to ours.

On topic: Congratz on the Bidoof Keruso!
I'm at 58 Snivy. (not much, I know, but I don't like to rush while hunting)
And I'd like to make the club some Userbars, they'll be up as soon as I figure out how to use GIMP's stupid blending tool. :\

Good Luck to All!

Years
  • Seen Dec 13, 2013
to go along with SS01 is saying, SHU and SHC also have their own chat rooms. I've found many a shiny in SHU's chat before i got banned, and i have yet to see anyone but G in SHC's chat.

no new shiny from me. Charmander's being a pain and doesnt want to shine. Eterna hasnt produced either.

Years
Ooh! I love the IRC, SS01!! I can't wait to chat whilst hunting! Hope to see some people on there very soon!
I could do some userbars too. Or Shiny Cards if we don't have someone doing those already. Or something haha!
Good luck with your Snivy, also! I hope he/she shines for us both soon :D

Good luck to everyone else!

SS01

#PoC Collab
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Jul 18, 2016
Well, my IRC idea seems to be going well! I just wanted to give back a little to you guys for being so great, this was the best way I could think of. I'm probably at around 80 Snivy,
I'm racing with TheShinyEevee. (who's at like 500 lol)
TSE: (can I call you that? haha) well, if you could do userbars, that would be great.
I just can't get gradients to work. My Shiny Card was made by a fellow called Epic-Latios-Master.
He hasn't posted since you last did, and I don't know if he'd want to make them for everyone.If you wanna make some, go ahead.

Last edited:
Back