• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokengine in GameMaker

Years
  • Seen Jul 3, 2012
I did a bad thing mother............................ I took their eyes.

Last edited:
Years
Um no point in posting the second pic its using VBA
still i think this is possibly a scam those demos culd not be urs
nd poccil has a starter kit for RMXP already much closer to complete
it rlly only lacks attack animations itll take you years to get this done so its not worth the wait
but gl

Years
  • Seen Feb 28, 2008
Hey, I'm Jext's friend from the GMC, and I promise you guys that this is legitamite. In fact, this is the best Pokemon Engine made for the program, Game Maker. It pretty much includes EVERYTHING in it already. The battle engine and movement engine is flawless, errorless, etc. etc.

If you don't believe us, check the original topic and check out all the replies it has!

So try it out! :)

sonic smash down

Where those that train, train hard!
Years
its for game maker. asome i was looking for a battle system. i couldnt get mine working and i ran across this place when i found someone had taken my game idea. pokemon ra and twila. lucky break i guess

Mrchewy

nom nom nom
Years
Most people around here use RM2K, and to be honest most screenshots don't look like the real Pokemon games.

Erm, here's some screenshots from Pokémon Iridium, a game made using Poccil's Starter Kit in RMXP:

Spoiler:

You can't honestly get more accurate then that.

Years
  • Seen Jun 7, 2009
Nice :D Gamemaker is so much better then RPG Maker :P Also as you said Gamemaker is completly able to do about anything,

Last edited:

sprugles555

L Spriter, Advanced RMXP User
Years
Hmm... I like what you are doing, but Poccils Starter kit includes all that, AND it's easy to use. If yours can do all that, then you can boast. Also its easier in RMXP to add things, even for a beginner :)

Years
  • Seen Jun 7, 2009
I think Jext mean that it's easier for beginners to add "advanced" things in gamemaker then in RPG maker :P

Mrchewy

nom nom nom
Years
Mrchewy: I said most. Can RMXP easily make online stuff? Add every new feature you can think of? Is it easy to change/add something for beginners? Advanced users may know what to do, but I doubt everyone does.

Dude, pardon me but have you actually even seen Poccils starter kit? There is literally NO extra scripting needed, and it comes pre set with online features. It's also ridiculously simple to use and configure.

Seriously, do some research before making statements like that.

Mrchewy

nom nom nom
Years
Calm down, I didn't mean any offense. I think it's great your doing this; I just wanted to notify you that what you were saying wasn't necessarily true.

sonic smash down

Where those that train, train hard!
Years
k i see it works and i like it. but how do i get the script in? its my first time. and im goin to work on it for as long as it takes it for me to get the stuff right. does the movement work with any sprites? and how can you add pk and attacks to the battle system?

Years
  • Seen Nov 24, 2014
0.o

Wow! This looks great.

In my opinion, game maker is a great program, but hard to use for beginners, but this looks like it is going to be easy to use for anyone

well, hope you finish soon

Tentacruel13

PM me f you want to contact me
Years
  • Seen Jun 8, 2015
Wow! This looks great.

In my opinion, game maker is a great program, but hard to use for beginners, but this looks like it is going to be easy to use for anyone

well, hope you finish soon

Game Maker is hard to use if you haven't been exposed to Game Development before. You can't just download it, upload pics and call it a game. I learned that the hard way. Anyway, Good luck on this! I tried to make a Pokemon game once, but was too inexperienced, and found it too dificult. THis will certainly help expand the population of n00b games.

Back