• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen What is your 'excuse' to buy BW2?

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
I don't have much of an excuse to buy B2/W2 other than the fact I haven't played it before and love its new features. I'd just swipe the games off the shelf and pay the money.

Years
I'm not going to really need an excuse if I'm going to pick up a game, I'll either take it off the shelf or ask for a copy, then pay for it and be on my way. Just like I do with any other game that I pick up.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Apr 21, 2024
...maybe where you come from. Around here, people play Pokémon openly in college during class.

My excuse to buying B2W2 is because I want it.

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Dec 16, 2022
My excuse to buying B2W2 is because I want it.
That's basically my reason why I want to purchase BW2. Also, I want to support the series and the large amount of designers and programmers by purchasing the game and not something like steal it.

Years
I'm not worried cause I'll be back at Uni by the time it comes out and people there are pretty accepting of it - plus, there'll be other people there my age as well if it's just coming out which makes it easier :)

Orrun

Pokemon (Event) Collector
Years
I'm not ashamed.

But if I had to pick an excuse, it would be that I want more box space, and to be able to get all the new event Pokemon that came with it.

Plus obviously it's still fun (I'm 20 and I know that isn't close to old yet lol).

Dmatt

Medium-Rare Trainer
Years
  • Seen Nov 24, 2014
It's only weird, if you think too much about it..
I remember when B&W came out, there was a lot of us dudes waiting in line, all excited to get our game, and not really caring that it was in fact, a *pokémon* game, supposedly intended for little kids.
So now I think about those dudes, and it's weird, but at the same time, I hope it happens again :D

Gonzo

RNG Sommelier
Years
Grow up. The only people that think playing Pokemon is something you need to be ashamed of are edgy teenagers, not adults. After reaching a certain age people generally don't care about what you like and buy. I'm a collage student right now, and many people will actually consider it pretty cool that you play such a nostalgic series.
Mah gurl ;*

QFT

If you're afraid, preorder the game in an internet store or wherever they can deliver it to you. I am getting the game this way, only because it's the cheaper way in Poland. also, many shops don't get games on the release day, they have 2-3 days of delay. Cheapest and most reliable choice in my case.

Years
  • Age 16
  • Seen May 28, 2019
Not really gonna buy the game for myself (not interested), but for my brother. So I guess that's my "excuse".
Of course I won't really say it. I'll just go to my local store, grab the game for my brother and pay. If I do end up getting asked, I'll just say the truth, so it's not really an excuse.

I do understand why people criticize others for playing them though. Not saying they're right but, have you ever really found a person older than 16 who plays them NOT for nostalgia or for being a long time fan? Pokemon isn't really appealing for adults unless you've been playing them since childhood. I don't see what's with all the jabs at these people when there's some truth to what they're saying after all. Like what you like and ignore them, there's nothing wrong with liking Pokemon or being ashamed about it, but don't be a hypocrite.

Years
  • Age 34
  • UK
  • Seen Jan 29, 2013
I'll be walking into that shop proudly and buying it, probably telling whichever poor, unsuspecting cashier that I've been looking forward to its release for so long now. I'll also be going to the midnight release for it, if there's one in my area.

No use being ashamed of something I spend 60% of my time playing/watching these days.

Megaman3007

MTF FTW :)
Years
  • Seen Aug 14, 2012
Please if I cared what people thought of me I would not be living the life I am living. I'll get the game dressed in cospaly and rub it in kids face at the mall. Ok maybe I won't be mean but I'm in no way ashamed. If people look at me weird I'll give them a camera so it will last longer.

In my opinion, the reason Pokemon has a 'kids label' attached to it because of the anime. Nintendo didn't say 'we are going to make a game from this show', they allowed 4kids to create a show from the game

Uhhh you do know 4kids had ntohing to do with the anime being made right? They only dubbed it nothing more. I think it was Shopro that made it and aired it on TV Tokyo and about a year later we got it

garjora

Ambassador of the Cosmos
Years
Go and buy it like I normally do. People who get afraid or self-consious about buying a specific game need to go see a doctor.

Polizard'12

Pokemon Trader
Years
Walk in EB Games, pick up both Pokemon Black 2 and White 2, pay for it, walk out... I stopped caring about what people think long ago!

Aquarius1997

The Horoscopical Master
Years
I would be doing what i had for the longest. Walk into the big mall where all the school kids hang, walk into gamestop(same floor and right next to food court) buy my game and walk out
The cashier shouldnt care because most likely, he/she is probably a GAMER and they probably play games that are kid-oriented too

~RNC~

Mother Of All Pokemon!!
Years
Why be ashamed?? I buy every thing I see pokemon related, games movies, figurines, and I let who ever it's coming from that it's for me and not to be ashamed on this part either, I am probably one of the oldest pokemon player, collector on this site, even when I go in to Gamestop, they let me know what is coming out in the pokemon dept.!!

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
Years
There's a lot of people where I live so they'll probably go to the stores near the day of the release like me, and there aren't really a whole lot of boys let alone girls who play Pokemon near me (unless they're hiding? lol) so I'm sure they might look at me funny, but I'll just smile and walk away with my game.

Mentalii

Back
Years
My little brother will buy both games, one for me, so I'll have no problem with that.
However, if I was the only one home playing Pokémon, I guess I'd order it on the internet. It's not that I'm ashamed of playing Pokémon, but, unless someone asks me, I'd never tell I still play it. I confess that I fear what other people can think. That's a big mistake, I know, but here unfortunately people don't play Pokémon openly even at college, as I see it's the case in several other places. So, I'll be unassuming.

Years
  • Seen Sep 27, 2013
I feel that pokemon is wonderful.. i don`t care if looks are given, i`ll by my darned -i don`t cuss- game.

Years
Unfortunately there are jerks out there that make Pokemon appear to be only a kids game, and if you play Pokemon then you suck, when really there is no reason for you to suck because you play Pokemon, if anything I would think of Pokemon of a hipster's game! Anyways, I don't worry about those types of things, I've bought more embarrassing things, trust me xD The way I see, you are probably never going to see the guy (or girl) again in your life (unless you are a regular at GameStop) and if you do they probably wont recognize you, and even if they do, what are they gonna do, laugh at you and tell everyone you play Pokemon?! If that happens he should be havin a talk with his boss ;D

Back