• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[PKMN OPEN] The Pokémon Trainer Academy (T) [Best Veteran 4Q '11]

Gold19

Yes, I'm that One Guy
Years
Dante

Dante smiled as he saw his Rufflet land a hit on the Teddiursa. Knowing that it is still anybodies game, Dante decided to tell his Rufflet use a Scary Face and to have it follow up with a Fury Attack. So, Dante did just that and finished eating his roll.

"Rufflet, use Scary Face and then use your Fury Attack", Dante said with his mouth full of the rest of his roll.

"Do you have to talk with that roll in you mouth?", said the trainer with an annoyed look on his face. "Use your Fake Tears and Lick."

Rufflet, following the commands of its master, started off faster than the Teddiursa. As it started off by making a scary face at the Teddiursa, which because of that move it had made the little bear slow down. By then, Rufflet began to fly off and head toward the Teddiursa and started to peck at the pokemon multiple times, five continuous hits at that. By then, the Teddiursa was slowed down by the Scary Face and was hit by the Fury Attack. During the combination of Rufflet's attacks, Teddiursa tried to use it's Fake Tears, to which it had failed to affect Rufflet, and had used it Lick attack which had also did not affect Rufflet. After the Fury Attack and the Lick, Rufflet fell to the ground and tried to get up, but it fell to one of its knees. Teddiursa, on the other hand, fell to the ground as well.

"Come on Teddiursa, get up", commanded it's trainer, hoping that the little bear would get up. But, to ah vale the Teddiursa didn't get up and had fainted from the fight. The student took out his pokeball and pointed it at the fainted pokemon to recall it. "Return, Teddiursa."

"Rufflet, you alright?", asked Dante, with a concerned look on his face.

What happen, I thought that Ghost moves don't affect Normal-type pokemon?, thought Dante. Wait a minute, could it be paralysis that is affecting Rufflet. This can't be good for the rest of the battle,considering that paralysis has a 25% of being fully paralyzed.

"Hey, you still there?", said the trainer. "I'm sending out my next pokemon, Do you want to switch out pokemon?"

"Huh", replied Dante, coming to his senses. "I'm keeping out Rufflet."

"Fine", said the trainer, taking out his next pokeball and threw into the battlefield. "Go Geodude!"

Megaman765

Really wants shiny Porygon Z:3
Years
Snype

Snype pondered for a moment and looked back and forth between Len and Thyme. Maybe Len could help with the training exercise... He whispered something to Len and the happy poliwag dug back down into he ground. Snype walked over to Thyme, Arms crossed.

"Alrighty Thyme. We're both gonna have a bit of a training excercise ourselves. Mostly in how well we can react to situations. Len here is gonna pop out of the ground like a Digglet. Our job is to hit him when he does. I'm warning you though, He's a fast little bugger. Use whatever you can to hit him." Snype explained.

"Alright Len. Ready when you a..." Before Snype could finish, Len popped out from beneath Snype's feet and caused him to lose footing. He ended up landing on his face.

"Geez... see? Gotta expect the unexpected. Alright Let's see if we can hit the digglet wannabe." Snype said.

(your free to Bunny Len if you'd like for the training scene)

Darkgoalie

Psychic Professor
Years
Jason

"Are we neally there, Proffesor?" asked Jason, he looked forward towards the large but beutiful collection of buildings in the distance.
Proffesor Oak turned his head with an eyebrow raised, "You can see the Academy, yet you can't tell how long it will be to get there?".
"So you don't know how long it will take?" Jason gave a quick smirk.
"It will be 3 more minutes at this pace, happy?". Jason caught a slight sense of grumpiness in the Proffesor's voice, so Jason turned his natural sarcasm down a few levels.
"Sorry sir, it was just a question on my mind", there was a few seonds silence before Jason decided to raise another 'question'.
"So could i obtain a bit of data of myself, such as what dorm i am in? What classes i am attending? Whats going on in the school at the moment?" asked Jason.
"I'll tell you all you need to know as soon as we reach the academy, okay Jason".
"Yes, proffessor" replied Jason.

Nideous

The world refused to change...
Years
Thyme

Thyme gave Snype an odd look as Len dove underground again.

"So... You want me to smack Len around? Hm... Eh, why not," she said. She laughed when Len popped up under Snype and made him land on his face. Thyme gave a small laugh. Len went underground again. Thyme held her vines at the ready. Len popped out of the ground and she swung at him, only for him to duck back under ground. A few swings later, and she was getting frustrated. She began using her full strength, swining as fast and as hard as she could. The result was her smacking the ground and painfully bruising her vines.

"Ouch! Stupid Polywhirl!" Thyme muttered to herself as she pulled her vines back and messaged the sore ends that had smacked the ground. She looked at Snype, and gestured for him to try.

Megaman765

Years
"Hehe, Having trouble are ya? I've never tried this personally myself... Len only learn Dig recently..." Snype said, eager to try out for himself. He looked around for where Len would could be. True he could get him easily with Detect but then what would that teach Thyme? He had to trust his own instincts rather then enhance them with a move. Snype kept in stnace as he looked around for where Len could be. As soon as he popped out of the ground, Snype made a jump for him. However he quickly went back into the ground, causing Snype to slide on the floor.

"Gah... geez he IS tough to catch... He able! You might have competition!" Snype called out.

Able stopped her training session with Mark for a moment and signaled for him to wait. When Len popped out of the ground, Able immediately tagged him with little effort.

"Competition? Hehehe... comon you gotta move faster then that!" Able said cheerfully before going back to Mark. Well Snype hadn't expected that kind of cheerfulness from Able... nonetheless, Snype continued trying. Len seemed to take Able's advice and was actually moving a little faster. Snype kept going back and forth to try and catch the tadpole.

"Hold... still!" Snype yelled as he kept trying to catch Len. This was sure a heck of a workout. If he could catch Len, then maybe he could accomplish something a bit himself. Len popped out of the ground one more time a little in front of Thyme and Snype again, jumped for him. He landed on his face once more and in front of Thyme's feet.

"Heh... maybe I made the training a bit too hard eh?" Snype said, looking up at Thyme. Len laughed playfully in the distance.

Nideous

Years
Thyme

Thyme looked down at Snype and helped him to his feet. Then she glanced over at Len, who immediately recognised that she was ready to give it another try. He popped into the ground, and then out in front of her. She dove and landed on the ground. Between trying to tag him with her vines and trying to jump on him when he popped up next to her, she was wearing herself out.

"Hm... I think I'm going about this the wrong way. I'm really smart, Hyah! Darn, missed again... Hm..." Thyme murmered to herself. She accidently smacked the ground with her vines again and grimaced. What a pain. She was sore, and a little tired. She began examining her surroundings. She had very fast reactions, and they were only getting faster. Hm... A few tries later and she began to notice a slight disturbance in the dirt where Len was coming up.

"Gah! Damn it all!" Thyme said furiously. She had just leapt at Len a second after she had noticed him coming up. He had come up and seen her flying at him and dove under again, just barely avoiding her. Her hands had just barely brushed against Len's head. She pounded the dirt in anger and got back to her feet.

Megaman765

Years
Snype

"Hmm... you seem to have the right idea Thyme... lets try taking this a bit slower... he may be fast, nut if we take our time with it, we just might be able to catch him..." Snype said. He stood there as Len continued digging around the ground. There was usually a hint as to where he would pop up... usually the ground below would move up a little before Len appeared. Len was just about to head above ground between Snype and Thyme. Snype could notice it immediately.

"There! Get him!" Snype said. He jumped for the spot that Len was going to pop out of. As Len poped out of the ground, Snype was already got a hold of him. "Gotcha!" Snype said with a large grin. Len laughed and sprayed Snype with water gun. Nice cold refreshing water... sure was a heck of a reward after all of that though he was ready to try again. He looked at Thyme to see how she would do this time.

Nideous

Years
Thyme

Thyme nodded at Snype's suggestion. She looked around, waiting to see where he would pop up next. She spotted the small motion in the dirt a split second after Snype did. When he told her about it, she was already jumping at Len. The result was that she and Snype grabbed Len at the same time. She simply sagged on the Polywag as he sprayed Snype with water and laughed.

"Got you this time! Heheheh!" she said, proud of herself. She had caught him! It was about time too! She wasn't sure she could do that again. What a work out! Wow, she was really tired. And all from a strange game of tag.

Last edited:

Megaman765

Years
(Just a note, Len is still a poliwag XD He isn't a poliwhirl... yet.)

Snype let go of Len. He got a pretty nice workout from that. Though he still had a bit more ideas for training. For now he would relax until they were both ready to move on. Snype sat adjacent from Thyme and leaned back, panting a bit.

"Phew... I need to take a breather... yeesh... this sure is a hell of a workout! Your doing great Thyme!" Snype said as he began to lay on his back again. He was more relaxed this way. He began to think of other training exercises... and then about Thyme.

Nideous

Years
(OOC: I know. I fixed it. My mind blanked, that's all. :P)

Thyme

Thyme sat down on the ground. It sure was quite a workout. She was very glad that Len hadn't blasted her face with water. That would have royally pissed her off. She was tired. She shifted herself so that she was laying down on her back next to Snype and looking at the ceiling.

"Hm... Wow, what a workout... Thanks Snype. I'm trying my best to keep up... So, what else did you have in mind for me?" Thyme asked. She turned her head and looked at him. She was starting to recover. Her breath was coming back. Internal injuries, hah! This was proof she didn't have any! Of course, the doctors had wanted her to stay, just in case. But, she didn't, or so it would seem. The only injury she currently had was a half healed cut on her chest, and that was it. And even then, it wasn't really taking much of a toll on her.

Megaman765

Years
Snype rolled onto his side so that he could look at Thyme. He was thinking of other ways to train her into a better battler... he was fairly tired at the moment, though the more he trained, the less likely he would have to sit on his butt like this.

"Hmm... well... we could always practice dodging attacks... we could have Len shoot a few water guns at us while we try to dodge it. Maybe we should get Commodore involved..." Snype said as he turned to Commodore...

"Hey Commodore! Wanna train a bit with us?" Snype yelled out. Commodore ignored it and floated down to the ground.

He hasn't been in the best of moods lately... I hope he's doing alright... his win streak hasn't been to hot lately..." Snype said before rolling around to face Thyme.

"Hmm... well... anything you'd like to work on specifically? I'm sure I can come up with something to help you out a bit... tell me whats on your mind..." Snype asked.

Years
  • Seen Jul 18, 2016
(Okay I'm not too sure where everyone is. I know that they are at a building in Saffron City called HoTa. Don't know where everyone is but oh well ^^; )

The Magnet Train just stopped at Saffron City. A certain passenger from that train got off and took a bus. He didn't want to attract attention to himself right now. The 21 year old man simply kept a small grin on his face as he rode out towards his destination. He had informed the school he would arrive to meet the other teachers and students at the location of the field trip. He didn't want the students to make a big deal of his arrival, so he requested the students not know who he was. He wanted to surprise them and observe the students without them realizing he was going to be one of their teachers.

Let them and their pokemon feel a bit better about themselves when displaying their skills around him ya know?

At the bus stop he walked off and headed to HoTa's main building. He stood and faced the front of the building and stared at the building, admiring it, dreaming of what new possible adventures and events life would have in store for him, daydreaming what surprises his new students would have for him.

After a bit of daydreaming he slowly headed inside, making his way to the main area of the building where all the supposed "action" from this convention would happen.

No need to make a spectacle of himself. No. For now he'll blend into the rest of the crowd, more closer to the edge rather than get too deep into it. Kinda like how he blended in with the crowd before at Ghetsis's first speach. That same time when he first met Black and White. He wondered. . . would he get a chance to meet another soon-to-be hero here at this event? Would his students possibly become that?

N kept his senses/awareness open, reaching out to listen to the voices of the pokemon here in this area. Which trainers took care of their pokemon, which trainers abused them, which ones showed love, which ones showed neglect, which ones were only for battle, and which ones were companions?

"Speak to me. . ." he said in a low enough voice to himself that no one (NPC-Wise anyways) would particularly pay attention to him. "Let me hear your voices my pokemon friends. . ."

And so he reached out and listened. What do the pokemon here have to say for their trainers?

Nideous

Years
Thyme

Thyme looked over at Snype when he brought up dodging. She was already a really good dodger. She knew it. That was her biggest protection. Getting out of the way of attacks was something that came naturally to her. Thyme rolled her eyes at Snype after he called out to Commodore.

"So? I have only won once in my entire life, and you don't see me sulking about it! Really, losing a few battles is nothing to complain about!" Thyme said loud enough so that Commodore could hear her. She wondered if this was a smart idea. Provoking people came easily to her. But was it right? In this case, yes. Anger would be far better than self-pity. She sat up and looked at Snype again.

"Hm... I'm not sure. I've never had any sort of training like this. But, my speed and agility are my best points. And I really need to work on my power. My attacks don't quite hit hard enough for my liking. Though, I have growth to help with that. Hm... Ok, I've got it. I was taught the move Secret Power. But it always backfires whenever I use it. Now, that's just fine when I stop myself from evolving with it, but I want to be able to use it in battle. If only to prove to Logan that I could do it," Thyme said suddenly. Yes, she wanted to be able to use Secret Power. It was a good move with a decent amount of power. And it's added effect changed based on where she was. Rather unprectibly, but that was fine.

Megaman765

Years
Mark

Mark continued play fighting with Able for quite awhile. He was getting really worn out and he had yet to catch Able... guess that meant she was doing a good job. She was also getting used to his fake punches. Able however wanted to keep going! She had no interest in stopping. It could roughly be translated to her saying...

"Comon comon comon again again again again again!!!" Able would say. Mark leaned against a wall and wiped his forehead with his arm. Able would fly around Mark constantly bugging him to keep training. Seemed this was what she wanted all along... so it seemed... it really helped Mark connect with Able. He looked over to Commodore who seemed a tad down.

"Hey Commodore, Comere! What's up?" Mark said to him. Commodore slowly floated on over...

Snype

"Hmm... you want to hit harder eh? Well... sometimes hitting something hard enough isn't what you usually need to take out your foes. If you got alot of speed, that could sometimes be enough to determine a battle. If your fast enough to avoid whatever is thrown at you, you could use that opportunity to use Growth and really give a good smack down to your opponents!" Snype said as he sat straight up.

"Hmm... Secret power huh? Wonder why it would backfire on you? I've seen you use it before. Seems to always weaken you... We don't want you getting too baddy hurt since we don't have your Pokeball and all... you'd sure be packing heat though if we could get you to control secret power... hmm..." Snype said.

Nideous

Years
Thyme

Thyme reached her hand up and did a facepalm.

"I know that Snype! I have other ways of getting through! But a little bit more power would go a long way! Why do you think I haven't forgotten Growth? But I learned a new move I really want to test out. I have no idea what it does. I had to forget Bullet Seed to learn it. But that is fine, Bullet Seed didn't exactly do much anyways," Thyme said to no one in particular. She had just been working on her speed. Any more and she thought it might kill her. She needed to work on something else for a little while. And she didn't see how she could learn to better take hits without actually taking them, and she didn't like getting hit. It hurt too much. So what did that leave? Her power or her moveset. Getting either one down would be exceptionally useful.

"Anyways... I have no idea how to go about trying to master Secret Power... Hm..." Thyme said, deep in thought. She looked around at Commodore and Able. Where had Len gone? Oh, who cared! He'd show up eventually.

Dawn

[span="font-size:180%;font-weight:900;color:#a568f
Years
MacKenzie's Post
(PC screwed me over whilst I was trying to write a long post. I'm so angry over having to rewrite stuff that I'm going to make the post a lot shorter than it was intended to be.)

Meanwhile MacKenzie was chilling out and drinking out of her thermos of coffee whilst people battled around her. Between having to dish out all her tricks and shenanigans to beat a couple of suicune students and having to battle that Mark boy she was a bit burnt out. To be quite frank she just didn't have the drive to battle and train that hard like some people might.

Suddenly, a boy approached her. He was holding a green egg.

Boy: "Hey! I've got this egg I can't keep and I was kind of wondering if you'd be a good person to take care of it for me."

MacKenzie just sort of went blank. She couldn't help but wonder. Why her? Why not any of the other students around? There was like... a boatload. Puns aside, she stared at the boy, waiting for him to crack under pressure. Yet, nothing happened. After a few moments she decided she no longer cared and decided further that she would approach with questions of her own rather than answering his implied one.

"What's in there, do y'know?"

The boy hesitated for a moment.

Boy: "Snivy"

MacKenzie considered it for a moment before raising her eyebrows at the boy and smirking.

"That's not the reason you came over here, is it."

The boy was taken off guard. He immediately responded despite this, holding up a pokeball to demonstrate.

Boy: "I'd have to battle you to make sure you're a good trainer."

MacKenzie rolled her eyes. Of course. She supposed that her antics on the docks had probably earned her some attention. Regardless, she eyed the egg. She didn't really want to battle, but the temptation to earn a new pokemon, especially one she had had her eyes on, was too great. She silently resented him for baiting her though.

"Fine. You've got yourself a /deal/."

The two proceeded to battle. The boy sent out a scyther and MacKenzie sent out Mew, her tangela. Scyther used safeguard to make most of MacKenzie's strategy useless. She was right! He had obviously known how she rolled. Mew didn't last long after that, being KO'd by an X-scissor attack. MacKenzie sent out Beest, her beedrill, after Mew had fainted. Beest proceeded to overwhelm Scyther with a horrifyingly powerful acrobatics attack, using protect to shield herself from Scyther's response of slash attack. She then finished the scyther off with a twineedle attack. When Beest landed she imitated a professional boxer by bouncing on her spindly legs a bit and making punching motions with her stingers. One had to wonder how MacKenzie got her pokemon to act the way they did. It obviously didn't come by nature. The boy was alarmed by the use of acrobatics. He hadn't been expecting that one. This time he sent out a Vulpix, but Beest managed to KO the vulplix as well, though she sustained heavy damage from it's flamethrower attack. The boy sent out a pidgeotto. At first Beest managed to hold it off with protect long enough to get in a twineedle attack that poisoned the bird pokemon, but then Beest was finally KO'd by an aerial ace. MacKenzie sent out Limpet, only to find that Limpet immediately started glowing white. MacKenzie hesitated and by the time she moved to intervene it was too late. Limpet had evolved into an octillery. MacKenzie was angry, but she said nothing of it. At least, not for the time being. MacKenzie wondered if he had learned any new moves after evolving.

"Still know aurora beam?"

Limpet shook his head no.

"Any ice type moves?"

MacKenzie was frustrated that he'd forgotten it, but to her surprise he shook his head yes and promptly turned and blasted the weakened, poisoned Pidgeotto with an ice beam. The Pidgeotto feel to the ground, fainted. The boy seemed frustrated and sent out a Serperior.

"Alright, if you're so intent on being an octillery, why don't you use Gunk Shot!"

Octillery responded in kind by seeming to tense up before firing a filthy, foul smelling liquid at Serperior. Almost immediately nearby students began to back off, murmurring. Several 'ewww' were heard as nearby students backed away from the foul smelling attack and Serperior cried out loudly, the attack doing massive damage. It felt as if the filth was burning her skin. She began to feel ill and realized she had been poisoned. The boy ordered Serperior to use leaf blade and Serperior obliged and suddenly charged at Octillery, ...only to cry out as Octillery used acid spray on her, shooting a spray of acid that blinded her and burned even worse than the gunk shot to the point that she felt as if she were dying. Yet, that point never came, though she was definitely down for the count. The serperior looked up at her trainer weakly with this look on her face that seemed to say 'You bet my child on a battle you couldn't win?'. Only three of MacKenzie's pokemon had been useful after the safeguard, and he hadn't even been able to beat them. The boy felt frustrated, very frustrated.

MacKenzie waited a moment before placing a hand on her hip in an almost uncharacteristically haughty manner and lolloping her free hand around in the air idley.

"Is that is..?~"

The boy had another pokemon, but he didn't think he could win even if he sent that pokemon out. His strongest were already down.

The Boy: "Yeah... but... you can't have this egg!"

MacKenzie frowned. Aw heck no. He did not just do that. She then forced herself to accept the fact that he had. Oh well. A deal was a deal. She supposed she'd just have to... change his mind.

"Oh... really? That's kind of sad. I was looking forward to it."

She said this as she casually pulled out Melody's pokeball. Shenanigans were about to go down. She let Melody out, and the puffball promptly jumped into MacKenzie's arms. The boy's eyes opened wide with fear. After all, the last time he'd seen MacKenzie do this it had been painful to watch. He turned to run, but it was really too late and Melody used attract on him, putting him under the spell of Melody being held by MacKenzie. MacKenzie casually walked over and relieved the boy of the egg, holding it in the crutch of one of her arms against her side. She then reached out with her free hand and patted him on the back.

"Well, a deal's a deal. Go get yourself a drink~"

She then gave the boy a light push to get him started as he began walking off, perfectly willing to obey the order. It wouldn't be until after he'd gone a good ways away that the spell would lose it's power, freeing him. Yet, at that point he was too afraid to go back. MacKenzie meanwhile examined the egg as if searching for a sign of life. Couldn't she like... put this in a pokeball and forget about it or something? Apparently not. She moved back against the wall and sat down, putting the egg in her lap and pulling out her tablet to distract herself by doing some in-depth research on the snivy species.

smeargleicon.png
Peinture ♂ Lv. 29 (Aeroblast, Sacred Fire, Extremespeed, Volt Tackle, Haze, Taunt)
tangelaicon.png
Mew ♂ Lv. 33 (Sunny Day, Sleep Powder, Synthesis, Leech Seed, Pain Split, Leaf Storm)
jigglypufficon.png
Melody ♀ Lv. 31 (Sing, Perish Song, Attract, Charm, Sweet Kiss, Focus Punch)
remoraidicon.png
Limpet ♂ Lv. 29 (Octazooka, Lock-On, Ice Beam, Gunk Shot, Acid Spray, Seed Bomb)
dunsparceicon.png
Aile ♀ Lv. 26 (Headbutt, Glare, Defense Curl, Dig, Yawn, Sunny Day)
beedrillicon.png
Beest ♀ Lv. 30 (Pursuit, Protect, Acrobatics, Harden, Twin Needle, Focus Energy)

Last edited:

Megaman765

Years
"Hehe, Well then, How about we test out the move right now? I'm feeling a bit better. Go ahead! Try it on me! Don't worry about me I can take a hit!" Snype said as he jumped up to his feet and stood in front of Thyme. He was ready for her to try out this new move... wonder what it was? He looked around the room, curious as to where Len may have wandered off. Maybe he found a few more friends underground... he was hanging out with a couple of Digglet a few days ago... he seemed to really love going underground. That was weird for a water Pokemon.

"Gimmie your best shot Thyme!" Snype said.

Nideous

Years
Thyme

"Really? I have no idea what this new move is. If you're sure then... I guess I'll give it my best shot," Thyme said. She hopped to her feet and focused her energy. It was a similar thing to do to Bullet Seed, but the energy felt different. She opened her mouth and fired some seeds at Snype. They weren't Bullet Seeds. They were Leech Seeds. Thyme was a little surprised at this. But, the attack didn't seem to have an effect. She frowned and looked at Snype.

"Well, that was utterly useless," Thyme muttered quietly when the seeds did nothing.

(OOC: Thyme is so impatient. :D)

Megaman765

Years
Thyme fired a few seeds at Snype. They just seemed to stick onto him... though they weren't doing anything at the moment. That was odd... Before Snype could make a witty remark, he suddenly felt like the energy was being sucked right out of him. He wasn't faking it either.

"Ohh... gah... that was a weird feeling... I felt like something just got sucked right out of me..." Snype said, kneeling a little bit.

Nideous

Years
Thyme

Thyme was surprised when she felt some of Snype's energy transfer into her. She felt a little bit better, but Snype had gotten hurt a little bit.

"Hm... I guess it takes energy from whoever I hit it with and gives it to me? Because now I'm feeling a bit better. Now that we know what that move does we need to get those seeds off of you before they knock you out," Thyme said. She had no idea how to go about that... Hm...

"So, you got any ideas about how to do that?" Thyme said. She was a little bit emberrassed that she didn't know everything about her moves, but she'd never heard anything like this before. But, she liked it. It would help keep her strength up in a long fight. That would be so useful!

Back