• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.
  • Want to share your adventures playing Pokémon?
    Check out our new Travel Journals forum for sharing playthroughs of ROM Hacks, Fan Games, and other Pokémon content!
  • IMPORTANT: Following a takedown request, the following hacks have been delisted from PokéCommunity:

• Pokémon Glazed
    • Pokémon: Giratina Strikes Back
    • Pokémon Flora Sky
    • Pokémon Stranded
    The downloads and discussion threads for these hacks will no longer be accessible, and staff will be unable to return questions regarding accessing this content.

Tool: Pokémon Map Editor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen Mar 27, 2012
I think I like the X idea. Advance Map keeps turning upside, so if this doesn't have that proplem, then I'm all in for this. Good luck

demondismon

Booted out - don't be like me!
Years
i like this even though i have used advanced map one thing i noticed was easier with this is changing the border's width and length i will gladly use it even for that.... you should add some more features advanced map dont have. like option to change animation on this map editor. make the animation editing easier. that would catch alot of eyes. and it would be used alot more for that feature too.

ZodiacDaGreat

Working on a Mobile System
Years
Update: Okay, I know this project has been dead for awhile but my summer holidays have started so I'll resume working on this :)

Years
  • Seen Apr 23, 2012
i am exited to see this project finish ^^ i wanted to work on a game called pokemon world. They will be every game map and pokemon on a single game. I thought it would be interesting to play in orre region to. I was searching for a editor like that. Keep me refresh about your update okay ^^

The Author

The Hero of Knothole Glade
Years
Like as previously said by many people, there's already AdvanceMap.
However, this does seem to be a bit simpler to use, which is why I like it.
It's basically a more user-friendly version of A-map. :cer_smile:
Great job!
i am exited to see this project finish ^^ i wanted to work on a game called pokemon world. They will be every game map and pokemon on a single game. I thought it would be interesting to play in orre region to. I was searching for a editor like that. Keep me refresh about your update okay ^^
However much that sounds like a good idea, I regret to inform you that it is very hard to pull off. I had enough mappers want to join my team, so I figured I'd try it out. It's near impossible.

If you're going to do that I suggest saving some money for RMXP or something.

ZodiacDaGreat

Years
Raikoh Nadanshy said:
Thank you for your support, yeah I have high hopes for this tool myself :D Hopefully, it won't be that buggy.

The Author said:
Like as previously said by many people, there's already AdvanceMap.
However, this does seem to be a bit simpler to use, which is why I like it.
It's basically a more user-friendly version of A-map.
Great job!
Thanks, yeah I do hope that this tool has a easier user interface and close to the functionality of AdvanceMap.

MissDigitalis said:
This is really cool. ^_^

But how do you make a whole map from scratch using the editor?
Reversing and through the map structure documentation that is lying around, you take those and mess around a bit in a programming language to get what you want. Of course, source code is also available like that for EliteMap :)

Anyway, I should post some updates. When I said I continue on this, I actually coded from scratch again because I lost my source code back then when my hard disk crashed and then haven't had time to do much due to Uni.

But now, the progress from last time is back and here are some new stuff I've added:

New properties view: http://i44.tinypic.com/152et52.png
Free space finder: http://i42.tinypic.com/14ihavq.png
Palette sets: http://i39.tinypic.com/34rvtzr.png

I have to say that my day night system is pretty outdated so I'll have to remake it later on as well :)

link12552

decade club
Years
This is looking pretty awesome!

May I ask though, will this by any chance be open-source?

I'm interested in NSE 2.X working as a tile editor, yet I've had problems implementing, or at least finding for that matter the offsets of the tiles...

A simple "Open in NSE" button could be a wonderful addition to this project, as a tile editor, and might take allot of the stress out of the whole import and export thing we've been doing for tile editing.

IDK anyways good luck, this looks really promising :D

ZodiacDaGreat

Years
link12552 said:
This is looking pretty awesome!

May I ask though, will this by any chance be open-source?

I'm interested in NSE 2.X working as a tile editor, yet I've had problems implementing, or at least finding for that matter the offsets of the tiles...

A simple "Open in NSE" button could be a wonderful addition to this project, as a tile editor, and might take allot of the stress out of the whole import and export thing we've been doing for tile editing.

IDK anyways good luck, this looks really promising
Hehe Thanks so much :) Your tool sort of inspired me to do this as well :) For now, I'm not sure if I should make it open source or not, but I do plan to make this tool into a toolchain kinda like EliteMap and add plugins as well :D

Yeah, that would be cool. I could pass the offsets over in the block editor or something.

Lord Varion

Guess who's back?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 6, 2015
I'll be honest here, this kinda does look easier to use than A-Map, but still do we need another GBA map hacking tool ? :/

ZodiacDaGreat

Years
Nintendork15 said:
I'll be honest here, this kinda does look easier to use than A-Map, but still do we need another GBA map hacking tool ? :/
I have to admit though, this 'may' never be as good as AdvanceMap. It's up to you to use it or not. For me, there's some things I always wanted to change about AdvanceMap and this is how I would do it.

Years
  • Seen Nov 2, 2016
I have to admit though, this 'may' never be as good as AdvanceMap. It's up to you to use it or not. For me, there's some things I always wanted to change about AdvanceMap and this is how I would do it.
Hey ZDG, if you wanted to make it better than amap is currently, I have a suggestion for you. Adding the ability to edit new map names in firered.

Jambo details exactly how to do it here:
http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?p=6471680#post6471680

This would save countless repointing and inserting for people later on, imo you should at least consider it.

Winter Wonderland

Puts the fun in dysfunctional
Years
What would be cool(although I'm not entirely sure if it's possible) is the ability to load multiple tile sets. Not just a major and minor. Also, the map connections in Advance map 1.92 was annoying to deal with. In 1.95, it was simplified a bit. I was wondering if you could turn it into a drag and drop system. For example, have the initial map on a grid interface, then add a connection to the north. Type in the map header and whatever to load up the map you want to be connected. From there you can just click and drag the map to where you want the two maps to be connected. Does that make sense?

Darthatron

巨大なトロール。
Years
What would be cool(although I'm not entirely sure if it's possible) is the ability to load multiple tile sets. Not just a major and minor.
Not possible. Unless the tilesets are changed to be a LOT smaller. But there is a 1024 limit for tiles.
Also, the map connections in Advance map 1.92 was annoying to deal with. In 1.95, it was simplified a bit. I was wondering if you could turn it into a drag and drop system. For example, have the initial map on a grid interface, then add a connection to the north. Type in the map header and whatever to load up the map you want to be connected. From there you can just click and drag the map to where you want the two maps to be connected. Does that make sense?
Yes. Good idea.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back