• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.
  • Want to share your adventures playing Pokémon?
    Check out our new Travel Journals forum for sharing playthroughs of ROM Hacks, Fan Games, and other Pokémon content!
  • IMPORTANT: Following a takedown request, the following hacks have been delisted from PokéCommunity:

• Pokémon Glazed
    • Pokémon: Giratina Strikes Back
    • Pokémon Flora Sky
    • Pokémon Stranded
    The downloads and discussion threads for these hacks will no longer be accessible, and staff will be unable to return questions regarding accessing this content.

Tool: Pokémon Map Editor

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZodiacDaGreat

Working on a Mobile System
Years
Blubber300 said:
Hey look, Advance Map has a twin brother!
Well, not really lol

NintendoBoyDX said:
Hey ZDG, if you wanted to make it better than amap is currently, I have a suggestion for you. Adding the ability to edit new map names in firered.

Jambo details exactly how to do it here:
http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthr...80#post6471680

This would save countless repointing and inserting for people later on, imo you should at least consider it.
I'll look into it after I get most of the features done and working. Thanks for that information though, seems like I missed quite a bit ever since I was away. Need to catch up now.

Team Fail said:
That. Is a simply GENIUS idea. I would use this over AMap if this was implemented. But I'd use this far more when the ability to add new maps is implemented someday.
hehe Let's see how all these turns out.

Winter Wonderland said:
What would be cool(although I'm not entirely sure if it's possible) is the ability to load multiple tile sets. Not just a major and minor.

Also, the map connections in Advance map 1.92 was annoying to deal with. In 1.95, it was simplified a bit. I was wondering if you could turn it into a drag and drop system. For example, have the initial map on a grid interface, then add a connection to the north. Type in the map header and whatever to load up the map you want to be connected. From there you can just click and drag the map to where you want the two maps to be connected. Does that make sense?
For the first part, Darthatron already answered you. I'll see what I can do for the connections.. Hmm.

Anyway, so I've did some more work.. Borders can be resized in Fire Red & Leaf Green now :) Since only those 2 versions support larger borders. Here's a screenie.

link12552

decade club
Years
There will be some unique features.

Anyway, I need everyone's opinion, I know the events are not finished yet but what do you think of using the property grid to edit events? I have a screenshot here.
http://i44.tinypic.com/mkvpsy.png

Yeah the property grid would be great for this, especially when it comes to the tons of settable data for the person events.

Looks good to me. One question, though. Will you be loading the OW sprites for the events?

I'll gladly share my OW loading code for this project, I have them already being loaded using c#,
so it should be as simple as adding the routine to the draw function. :)

Man it's fun watching a program grow!

P.S. ZodiacDaGreat I have an idea for implementing this with NSE:
you could pass the image offset and the multiple palette offsets of a tileset into NSE, allowing for tile-set editing where you could toggle in between palettes as you edit!

Let me know what you think, or what you think we should do, so I can get coding :)

ZodiacDaGreat

Working on a Mobile System
Years
agentgeo said:
Looks good to me. One question, though. Will you be loading the OW sprites for the events?
Of course, I would hate looking at those for events XD

link12552 said:
Man it's fun watching a program grow!

P.S. ZodiacDaGreat I have an idea for implementing this with NSE:
you could pass the image offset and the multiple palette offsets of a tileset into NSE, allowing for tile-set editing where you could toggle in between palettes as you edit!

Let me know what you think, or what you think we should do, so I can get coding
It is aye :) Uhm, for tilesets.. Yeah, I'm not sure if I can pass the entire structure cause that would be better, but I'll just pass the offset of the current tileset to your tool, then you could read the whole structure and then load everything up. It would be cool if you can combine some of my stuff from my Door Manager tool and possible add in support for editing animations, so everything's in one place right?

Darthatron

巨大なトロール。
Years
Back to ideas for movement permissions, I think something where you have a tab for the LEVEL of the tile and another for if it's passable or not.

Here each tile is given a value for its height relative to the map. 1 is for Surfing and 3 is for normal walking, and finally A is given to tiles effected on ALL levels.
DU1xH.png

Then each tile is either set to "wall" or "not wall". On or Off if you will.
8u3zM.png

This is how the bits for the movement permission work anyway. The bit0 (lowest bit) is whether it's a wall or not, the bit1 has no effect, and bits 2-7 are the level.

This doesn't really require any workaround. In fact, those image show exactly how the original game would appear using this method.

So... thoughts/comments?

Years
  • Seen Jul 5, 2013
I don't care about the events tab, we still can use AdvanceMap for that. In fact, I think it's better to focus on a better map editor than AdvanceMap, with Copy/paste, Undo/Redo, multiple tile insertion, Load/Save, Palette Modification onthego, and of course AdvanceMap map compatibility (though I don't know if it is possible :/)

Even though A-Map has done serious improvements in the last version, the map edition is still a nutbreaker, especially its lack of undo/redoing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back