• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

I like it LOOOOOOUUUUDDDDDD

Honest

Hi!
Years
Aye, gotta keep the volume down.

How loud do you tend to keep stuff at, be it your iPod, your computer, or your television. Is there any reason to how loud you put it? Or are you the background sound kinda person? Happy posting!

Years
  • Seen Oct 5, 2012
I like to keep things a little loud but not too loud. I can't handle anything really loud. It's the curse of having small eardrums ;-;

Years
When it comes to things involving earphones I'll usually have it on the lowest possible setting I can have it on where I can heard it. I don't know why but I've never liked the thought of someone being able to hear what I'm listening to, it makes me feel the same way as when someone is listening in on my conversation. The only times I'll turn it up are when I go jogging and idgaf because the people who can hear it can only hear for a split second anyway.
When it comes to speakers though I'll either have them on a retentively decent volume, so I can hear it clearly but so other people aren't bothered by it. Apart from when it's early in the morning and I crank it up to get back at my neighbours for keeping me up all night with their parties! :D

outfox

in
Years
  • Seen Feb 25, 2013
I like it loudest it can go. Then I get frustrated that it can't get any louder. The quicker I lose my hearing, the better

Firox

eepz, come help pwease!
Years
I keep all music/tv/other sounds at a comfortable level. Too loud hurts my ears. At night I keep the volume much lower so anyone sleeping can sleep without waking up. Even when I'm alone I keep it at a good sound level.

I'm on the computer, I keep the tv turned on for background noise

Years
I generally keep my iPods (usually my iPod Touch) anywhere between 50% through 75% of its normal volume, but if I play a song that I really like. I usually turn it up close to full volume.

Nihilego

[color=#95b4d4]ユービーゼロイチ パラサイト[/color]
Years
The sweet spot for my earphones is about 85% on my iPod and 55% on my laptop since somehow they seem to have different volume limits. However that's pretty loud to listen to in a quiet room - sometimes I bring the volume on the iPod down to 50% and the volume on my laptop to 25% in that case if I don't feel like it, although quite often I just turn it up that loud anyway. My headphones don't 'leak' sound badly so I can push them up to 100% on my iPod and about 80% on my laptop before they start bothering anyone else although I feel like that's unnecessary. But yeah if possible, the volumes I first listed are better. As for the TV, I have it as low as I can comfortably hear it unless football's on - then it's gotta be loud!

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
Years
I really don't like things being loud. Maybe it's just been drilled into me since I could probably hear stuff that having the music on too loud would make me deaf, but I've never seen the appeal of having the music on horrifically loud. So long as you can hear what you're listening to comfortably, that should be good enough. I only turn up the volume on my headphones to anywhere near maximum when there's too much background noise in order to do otherwise (i.e. on the Tube), and even then, I feel like I'm going to have no eardrums by the end of it. :D

SS01

#PoC Collab
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Jul 18, 2016
I simply don't like loud noises. iPod is usually at 25% to 50%, and speakers are usually at around 50. Any louder than that and I get headaches.

Years
I'm the kind of person that if any one is watching TV or listening to music with me, they'll tell me to turn it up because it's too quiet. For example, the sound on my TV goes up to 100, but a majority of the time it will never go above 8, except for a sports channel I watch that has low sound, then it goes up to about 20. My iPod never really goes above 40% when I'm listening to music, but I also have very old earphones (with newer ones I would probably be at about 25%).

My sister is the opposite of this, though, as she thinks that it can never be loud enough. We always joke that she'll lose her hearing before she turns 50, but it honestly wouldn't surprise me if she did.

Legendary Silke

[I][B]You like dragons?[/B][/I]
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 23, 2021
11% on my MacBook Air, and 15-18/30 on my Lumia 900. Why? It sounds loud enough to have all the details without being too loud. (11%? Laptops output with high power.)

Years
I really dislike loud noise, so my volume is usually pretty quiet (15% or so on average). I only bump it up to 20-30% if the song itself is really quiet. I'm horrible at multitasking and this includes doing things as I listen to music, so it's either gotta be off or really quiet. >:

Can't speak for TV since I don't have one in my room haha.

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Mar 2, 2024
I like to listen to things loudly enough, but not at a volume that would hurt my hearing. I think I may have already lost some of it thanks to the volume I play things at sometimes, unfortunately. I don't want to lose any more if I have. Currently, my volume is at about 25%, and I usually keep it there. If I'm watching TV or something, I would set it to a volume that isn't obnoxious, but where I can hear things. If I'm playing a game, I'll probably just have an audio transcription up, like when I played Portal. It really bothers me when I can't hear every word, I have to say. Sometimes it will take me twenty minutes to watch a five minute video because I rewind to hear everything over and over again if I don't hear every word. I don't even know why.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
I enjoy SUPER DUPER LOUD when my favorite song is being played at the moment, or when the environment is too loud for me to like...not stand it. xD I'll have my volume up to 30-40% normally. My ears can withstand so much loudness lmao xD

Back