• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Shingeki no Kyojin (Attack on Titan)

TwilightBlade

All dreams are but another reality.
Years

ATTACK ON TITAN

Several hundred years ago, humans were nearly exterminated by titans. Titans are typically several stories tall, seem to have no intelligence, devour human beings and, worst of all, seem to do it for the pleasure rather than as a food source. A small percentage of humanity survived by walling themselves in a city protected by extremely high walls, even taller than the biggest of titans.

Flash forward to the present and the city has not seen a titan in over 100 years. Teenage boy Eren and his foster sister Mikasa witness something horrific as the city walls are destroyed by a colossal titan that appears out of thin air...

(Source: MangaHelpers)

Information

Episodes: 25
Aired: Sunday, Apr 7, 2013 to ?
Genres: Action, Drama, Fantasy, Super Power

Last edited:

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
I haven't watched the newest one yet but I loooove this show. ;o; It definitely slowed down after the first episode but I'm really looking forward to watching the people finally meet up with the Titans again!

DrFuji

[I]Heiki Hecchara‌‌[/I]
Years
I've really been enjoying SnK. I read the manga a couple of months ago and it is certainly full of twists/ lots of gory fun.

The animation style really separates it from most of the same-y looking shows recently and the high-action scenes with the 3D maneuver gear have been spectacular so far. From what I've seen its not as graphic in terms of the heavy gore but I guess that only to be expected. I really do like the fact that they've pushed up the training arc to the beginning from what was initially a flashback in chapter 14/15 iirc. It will really help to cement characters like Sasha, Annie, Bert and Reiner for people who are new to the series whereas in the manga they're just sort of... there from chapter 3 onwards.

Overall, I definitely think it is one of the picks of the season and I'm really looking forward to more.

Last edited:

KriegStein

Nuclear Reactor
Years
Yeeeeees! :D I love this show! The animation is superb, music is epic and that opening...pure awesome. :D
The first episode was a great introduction to the series. :D I might check the manga some time but for now Ill just concentrate on the anime.
I have only one problem with the anime...its so hard to avoid spoilers. :'D

Shadowraze

ur mum
Years
OMG, WHY DIDN'T I SAW THIS BEFORE?????

SNK is the by far the best anime in this season and I think it will surpass SAO. Really enjoying it and I even finished the manga in a day LOL. This was the first I was like this the excitement was just awesome! :)

Too Bad the next episode will be a letdown to some fans. :/

TwilightBlade

All dreams are but another reality.
Years
This show... is intense. I've never watched a show that literally gave me goosebumps all over my arms and made me teary eyed within 15 seconds. I really like Eren's determination; I can see some similarities to SAO, too.

Episode 5
Spoiler:

Shadowraze

ur mum
Years
This show... is intense. I've never watched a show that literally gave me goosebumps all over my arms and made me teary eyed within 15 seconds. I really like Eren's determination; I can see some similarities to SAO, too.

Episode 5
Spoiler:

Episode 6 and 7 will be a comeback and will have you OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG for the rest of the day LOL.

Spoiler:

And the new chapter in the manga will probably be released next week oh yeah. xD

Last edited:

Shadowraze

ur mum
Years
That show IS AWESOME. And omg, did you know that show surpassed SAO with only 5 episodes? (Anime) http://www.animeseason.com/anime-list/ratings/

Im impressed. And just like you Blade. Never. EVER. Saw an anime. That gave me goosebumps like this one,

Idk, maybe If I haven't read the manga I'll have goosebumps with the new episodes. Now I remember having a lot of those will reading the manga especially when they got trapped in Castle Utgard. :3

Seth Rollins

Holding on to You |-/
Years
  • Age 22
  • Nah
  • Seen Feb 28, 2017
Yeah but you read the manga, i dont, i watch the anime XD.

Hope nothing else scary happens, it was sad that the titan had to yank Erens mom's head and then eat her :x

Shadowraze

ur mum
Years
Yeah but you read the manga, i dont, i watch the anime XD.

Hope nothing else scary happens, it was sad that the titan had to yank Erens mom's head and then eat her :x

Scary? Watch episode 5 since the eng sub is out! :3 There's some things that have been added in the anime that's no in the manga. Like the confrontation of Commander Pixis and this fat lord guy. xD

Seth Rollins

Holding on to You |-/
Years
  • Age 22
  • Nah
  • Seen Feb 28, 2017
Uhh btw i just heard something...u-ugh...ATTENTION, DONT OPEN THE SPOILER IF YOU DONT WANT TO KNOW SOMETHING IMPORTANT ON RYN.

Spoiler:

Well, RYN is sure an awesome show and the most violent anime i have eva seen.

Shadowraze

ur mum
Years
Uhh btw i just heard something...u-ugh...ATTENTION, DONT OPEN THE SPOILER IF YOU DONT WANT TO KNOW SOMETHING IMPORTANT ON RYN.

Spoiler:

Well, RYN is sure an awesome show and the most violent anime i have eva seen.

It's really hard making those kind of spoilers LOL. xD
Spoiler:

Years
  • Age 23
  • No.
  • Seen May 1, 2014
Oh wow, I didn't know there was a thread about this.
After watching it for the first time yesterday I got really hooked to it.
The intensity is indescribable, I can barely contain it.
And the gore, of course I wouldn't forget the gore.
And I'm really looking forward to more gore to new episodes

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years
Spoiler:
Most people knew that ;)
Still... what happens after that makes this pretty big mainstream :/

and that opening...pure awesome. :D
I agree with this! :D It goes with anything xD xD

Shadowraze

ur mum
Years

Most people knew that ;)
Still... what happens after that makes this pretty big mainstream :/

Most, though if you don't know it yyou will think this anime/manga is the best one in the world. Like what happened to me LOL.

And yes the opening is great! I downloaded the Opening Music. :3

derozio

[b][color=red][font=helvetica][i]door-kun best boi
Years
Is this a shounen? Seinen? Is the gore level comparable to one in bersker? Because stuff I've seen in the bersek manga has yet to be surpassed by any manga in terms of shock value. That manga, although more than 20 years old, made me read it for 6-7 hours per day for 3 days.

Is the story in this good? Or does it merely rely on gore and shock value to get attention? How long is the manga? Is it complete?

Sorry about all the questions. This anime intrigues me. Hope it doesn't turn out like SAO - all hype no substance. It was a decent anime. The SnK OP was awesome, though.

Shadowraze

ur mum
Years
Hmm just watched ep 5. Im still trying to understand what I saw...also I try to decide should I laugh or not.. :D

You shall laugh out loud until the next epissode. :3

Is this a shounen? Seinen? Is the gore level comparable to one in bersker? Because stuff I've seen in the bersek manga has yet to be surpassed by any manga in terms of shock value. That manga, although more than 20 years old, made me read it for 6-7 hours per day for 3 days.

Is the story in this good? Or does it merely rely on gore and shock value to get attention? How long is the manga? Is it complete?

Sorry about all the questions. This anime intrigues me. Hope it doesn't turn out like SAO - all hype no substance. It was a decent anime. The SnK OP was awesome, though.

It's Shounen, I don't know maybe the gore is greater since I haven't read Berserk that much. The story is really awesome and it doesn't rely on gore and shock value that much, it has it's own ways. :3

Up to now the manga is 44 Chapters and the manga is not complete I do not think it will be completed anytime soon until Eren reaches the basement.

NO, IT WILL NOT TURN LIKE SAO. THIS ANIME IS AS AWESOME AS ME. C:

Yes, the OP is awesome I downloaded the track after hearing it the first time LOL.

Back