• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Tool: SongInserter Advance - A new era in GBA music inserting!

Status
Not open for further replies.

gamesharkhacker

SupremoHack Entertainment Inc.
Years
Everyone can you please read this - link - Thanks!

Hello everyone! I'm GSH and this is my first app.

songinserterlogo.gif

Okay, so basically its a program to be used along side Sappy, the horrible, buggy program that most, if not, all hackers (er hem) hate. Hate alot (well i do anyway).
It's soul purpose is to insert songs, and is NOT a full replacement for Sappy.

For now, its almost complete and is about 80 - 90% complete, but before you press back on your browser, i've released a few preview releases (attached at the end of the thread), un-fully functional versions of it.

Screenshots:

--
screenshot1.png

--
screenshot2.png

--
screenshot3.png

--

Downloads
DOWNLOAD (Preview release - 01/06/2011): link!
DOWNLOAD (Preview release - 05/06/2011): link!
DOWNLOAD (Preview Release - 08/06/2011): link!

--
Support Banners
1)
supportbar.png

End
Well, thats it. Comment, rate, whatever..

Thanks, GSH.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen May 15, 2013
hmmmm seems cool but confusing i have never done anything with sound before so i dont think i ever will

Banjora Marxvile

hOI!!!!!! i'm tEMMIE!!
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen today
Out of interest, will this only work for Pokemon or for a wider variety of GBA games when you release the actual version?

Years
  • Seen Feb 12, 2022
Sappy was, unfortunately, doomed to failure when the programmer stopped making Sappy, and then we found out Vista doesn't like Sappy 2006 at all. It's good to see somebody else finally tackling the problems of inserting music. HOWEVER, I have one small question to make: Will there be an import/export function, and the ability to preview songs currently inserted into the ROM, as well as voicegroups?

gamesharkhacker

Years
Sappy was, unfortunately, doomed to failure when the programmer stopped making Sappy, and then we found out Vista doesn't like Sappy 2006 at all. It's good to see somebody else finally tackling the problems of inserting music. HOWEVER, I have one small question to make: Will there be an import/export function, and the ability to preview songs currently inserted into the ROM, as well as voicegroups?

I'd love to know this as well, and, will it be able to export midi files?

Er.. I'm working on it. Maybe in the "near" future!

bcrobert

Lazy Antagonist
Years
  • Seen Aug 8, 2022
YES! YES! FINALLY! SOON I CAN FINALLY KICK SAPPY OFF OF MY HARD DRIVE FOREVER!

THANK YOU!

I don't do music hacks often but when I do...well obviously I'd rather have a tool that actually works.

Full Metal

C(++) Developer.
Years
Quick question....how do you use it?
I know it seems self explanatory, but what are the track files supposed to be? Just RAW dumps of the tracks from an assembled .s file?

Theab95

Legend hunter
Years
YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSS!!!!
I've been waiting for this for Years!!!!
But can you please put a tutorial for it when the full version is finished?
And thank you so much!

Shiny Quagsire

I'm Still Alive, Elsewhere
Years
Eeeeh, I'm sticking with Sappy. This thing is missing a lot. I mean it. I cannot play music, it takes RAW tracks, it cannot assemble .S files, and so on. I think I'm going to give a shot at making my own actually. :)

The upsides of this it that it works with Vista. I have XP, so that isn't my problem. :P

colcolstyles

Yours truly
Years
My question is: how do we get the separate track files? It was my understanding that we need Sappy to export the individual tracks but if we need Sappy for that, then that defeats the purpose of this tool. :\

Full Metal

C(++) Developer.
Years
^ Here's what I do:
Using a MIDI Editor, split your MIDI file into multiple MIDI sources ( one file per track )
Assemble using as.exe / objcopy ( hackmew's thumb assembler script works great )
And then I think this program takes the files output from the assembly and inserts them. But I'm not entirely sure. Too lazy to dl and look. X)

gamesharkhacker

Years
Input files

Ok, Ok, everyone! SIA (SongInserter Advance) takes ".o" files. These files are the result of putting a midi file in the "mid" folder and using elf (from the mid2gba kit). Im gonna put a tutorial in the download with the exe anyway.

Inserting a song using this app will be just as easy as inserting a song with Sappy (minus the bugs). Oh, and btw, this program isn't supposed to play Pokemon songs. It only does what Sappy tries and fails to do: Inserting a song (due to a lot of crashes and bugs), and exporting midi files (only sappy 2006 can do that, and sappy 2006 only works on XP).

Even though alot of you see this program has many faults, its only its beginning stages. Don't judge a book by its cover, as they say.

Thanks, GSH

EDIT: Preview release 05/06/2011 released. Links Updated!

Last edited:

MiniminGames

aka MGPlatinium
Years
Sappy isn't an absolute trainwreck; if you ask it nicely, it can get the job done. Still, it is a program untouched since 2006, music hacking is just begging for a new alternative, that's where I like your tool :)

Torchic's Comeback

Pokémon Player
Years
  • Seen Feb 20, 2018
(Sigh) I know nothing about the "Offsets" of anything! I put in a random order of letters and numbers (Gee, wht are the odds of that working? :) ), I even try looking at a place where the music actually DOES go, but there are only 4 characters in theplace where it goes, and it automatically does steps 3 and 4, but the button doesn't appear, mabye because the orders of the numbers were fake. I'm using a Ruby ROM. Help!

gamesharkhacker

Years
(Sigh) I know nothing about the "Offsets" of anything! I put in a random order of letters and numbers (Gee, wht are the odds of that working? :) ), I even try looking at a place where the music actually DOES go, but there are only 4 characters in theplace where it goes, and it automatically does steps 3 and 4, but the button doesn't appear, mabye because the orders of the numbers were fake. I'm using a Ruby ROM. Help!

Sorry about that, when you type in the header offset and it fills in the other boxes, the insert button doesn't appear. Thats not your fault. As I'm still working on it, heres what you do (for now):

Delete the last letter in the box and then type it back in eg. 876543 -> 87654 -> 876543.

Thanks, GSH

EDIT: Fixed! :)

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Feb 12, 2022
It only does what Sappy tries and fails to do: Inserting a song (due to a lot of crashes and bugs), and exporting midi files (only sappy 2006 can do that, and sappy 2006 only works on XP).

SO what you're saying is we will be able to export the tracks from the game as midi files so we can tinker with them in applications like FL Studio.

gamesharkhacker

Years
SO what you're saying is we will be able to export the tracks from the game as midi files so we can tinker with them in applications like FL Studio.

Yeah, but this function will be in a later release. Right now, I'm concentrating on the main parts of the program, aka, inserting a song.
Nonetheless, you WILL be able to export midi files (eventually).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back