• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen The Unova Travel Journal

Status
Not open for further replies.

TwilightBlade

All dreams are but another reality.
Years
After beating my White version, I explored White Forest, Lacunosa Town, Giant Chasm, Route 13, and Route 12.

My White Forest was very empty so I linked up to Black. I liked being able to visit my other game but I'm disappointed over the apparent time limit. I managed to get Abra and Nidoran Male native to my White Forest. Not very good, but I'll connect sometime again soon to replenish my forest.

At Giant Chasm, I caught Kyurem and added it to my team as a flier. It wasn't too difficult to catch. After I used Darkrai to put Kyurem to sleep and in the red zone, I caught Kyurem within 5 Dive balls.

I eventually found myself on Route 12. I beat all the trainers and camped there for like ever. I had to stay on the route so the trainers, once defeated, would stand still. I didn't want them moving and advancing my frames. I RNG abused a good shiny haul, such as Rapidash, Heracross, Pinsir, Cherrim, and Metapod. I couldn't get a good shiny female Combee though.

My team right now is pretty scarce late-game. Not sure if I should do the Hall of Fame again or train something. I boxed my main team and other helpful Pokemon. Now I just run around and beat up trainers with legendary Pokemon.

260th Day: 8 badges : 26 hours
kyurems.png
Kyurem Lv. 75
darkrai.png
Darkrai Lv. 100

The Undisputed Era

Shock the System.
Years
500.png

Level 37.
Bulldoze.
Flame Charge.
Heat Crash.
Arm Thrust.

583.png

Level 35.
Ice Beam.
Avalanche.
Mirror Shot.
Icy Wind.

587.png

Level 35.
Volt Switch.
Shock Wave.
Acrobatics.
Electro Ball.

508.png

Level 32.
Crunch.
Take Down.
Retaliate.
Work up.

550.png

Level 32.
Crunch.
Aqua Tail.
Take Down.
Chip Away.

607.png

Level 32.
Flame Burst.
Hex.
Will-o-Wisp.
Imprison.

Just Finished 6th Gym :D Was Easy With Emolga's Electro Ball.

The Undisputed Era

Shock the System.
Years
500.png

Level 45.
Bulldoze.
Flame Charge.
Flamethrower.
Arm Thrust.

550.png

Level 45.
Surf.
Crunch.
Double-edge.
Chip away.

643.png

Level 50.
Dragonbreath.
Slash.
Extrasensory
Fusion Flare.

609.png

Level 43.
Inferno.
Shadow Ball.
Flame Burst.
Will-O-Wisp.

612.png

Level 50.
Dragon Claw.
Slash.
Swords Dance.
Dragon Dance.

584.png

Level 47.
Ice Beam.
Frost Breath.
Mirror Coat.
Hail.

Ghetis is being a noob, With his Hydrogenienenenenneenen thing. :(

Years
Dear Journal,
With it being the new year and everything, I decided to continue with my adventure through Unova.
I left Wellspring Cave after some training for my Bulbasaur and Squirtle as they had a type advantage over the Roggenrola's that were living there.
Some little girl that was with Bianca gave me some strange looking
pokéballs then left.
I continued south on Route 3 bumping into Cheren, he mentioned something about wild double
Pokémon encounters in the darker grass.
I battled all the remaining trainers on the Route then finally arrived at Nacrene City!
Cheren immediately shown me to the
PokéCenter which if he hadn't, I doubt I would have found.
I headed to the
Pokémon Museum after healing my Pokémon to battle the weird dude that I met back in Accumula Town, the mysterious trainer N.
N then left mentioning something about the power of Zekrom which I didn't know anything about..
Before entering the Museum, I decided to write in you.

Years
I battled Cheren again at Victory Road and beat him easily.

Also picked up a Heart Scale after showing the girl my Samurott that knows Waterfall.

Now I'm in Nimbasa City.

My team is:

503.png
567.png
576.png
586-spring.png
609.png
635.png

Melinda

[b][i][color=#fff]#teamsonia[/color][/i][/b]
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Sep 18, 2022

teachert.png

I'm finally able to start a new journey in Black. For this journey I chose the name Kaylan and my starter is Oshawott. :) Oshawott is named Venus [Sector Revenge] and is shiny of course!

501.gif

Venus | Mild | Level 6​

After talking to Professor Juniper and entering Route 1, I lagged there for a long time until I caught a full party of Pokemon.

504.gif
506.gif
506.gif
504.gif
504.gif

I just want to beat Bianca and Cheren, okay?​

Those Pokemon are only temporary though as I plan to catch much better Pokemon after the first gym. Prof. Juniper shows me around the Pokemon Center. She tries to get me to heal me Pokemon, but I try to leave and she starts yelling at me. She's kind of scary. xD I pick up a few more pokeballs before I leave the Pokemon Center.

Outside there's a commotion going on. After having my ears bleed due to Ghetsis's annoying speech, I get challenged by some weird green haired guy named N. What kind of name is that?!?!

To be continued...
1 8D

Last edited:

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Just a rule update!

Posting to inform you guys that you can now post more than once in a row here as long as it's been over 24 hours since your last post. This was decided to make people want to post in their journals more, meaning they don't need to wait for other people to be able to update their own. Have fun posting your journals! :)

Melinda

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Sep 18, 2022

The battle between me and N was really quick. I leveled my Venus with rare candies to get her to evolve. Venus is a fierce Dewott.

502.gif

Venus | Mild | Level 17​

It was a OHKO to his Purrlion with Razor Shell. After his defeat I decided to release all the Lillipups and Patrats that I had caught earlier to make room for new Pokemon. They're now back with they Pokemon families on Route 1. I didn't stay in Accumula Town that long. There wasn't much to do anyway. I planned on rushing through Route 2, but my mom called me on the Xtransceiver. She apparently wanted to talk to me, but all of the sudden wanted to hang up. After I turned the Xtransceiver off my mom was standing behind me. Stalker much?!

I got some running shoes from her. (Thanks Mom! :D) This will make getting around faster, eh. She left as fast as she got there and I ran through the grass. I only ran into one Lillipup, but I just ran away. I didn't want to beat it up.

I battled 3 trainers on Route 2. The first one was Youngster Jimmy and he had a Patrat. LAMEST POKEMON EVER. Razor Shell took care of it quickly. Poor Youngster Jimmy. :P Second was a girl named Lass Mali and her Purrloin. Another OHKO with Tackle this time. Last is Youngster Roland and his Lillpup. Another fast win with Venus's Water Gun. Before I could get to Striaton City, Bianca shows up asking for a battle. I defeated both her Pokemon in no time.

First thing I do is get Venus healed at the local Pokemon Center. Then, I head for the gym and a man outside the Striaton Gym says that the gym leader was last seen at the Trainers' School. So, I head over there and who do I find? My other best friend, Cheren. He's studying about battle items or something. He wants to battle me so, I beat him and go back to the gym to yell at the man from earlier because the gym leader wasn't there like he said he was. As I get closer to the gym I see that the man from before is gone and in his place is a younger green haired fellow. I figure he's probably the gym leader. He tells me I should train up at Dreamyard.

To be continued...
2 BD

Last edited:

Ashley182

I.MISS.YOU.
Years
My current team is:

Snivy [Viper]
Jolly Nature
Lv15

Panpour [Neptune]
Modest Nature
Lv15

Munna [Candyfloss]
Modest Nature
Lv12

I'm currentlyt grinding up my levels in route 3, and wellspring cave to tackle the gym.

Melinda

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Sep 18, 2022

Instead of training in the Dreamyard, I decided to just take the gym head on. I only had Venus with me. They gym set up was pretty cool. You had to step on the button the weakness of the element shown. I plowed through the gym trainers with Venus and finally reached the green haired guy. I was ready to battle and then 2 other guys jumped out from behind him. One with blue hair and one with red hair. They said that they would choose who I would battle depending on my starter Pokemon. I had to face Cilan (green hair guy). His Lillipup was easy enough to take care of, but his Pansage gave me a little trouble. In the end, we won our first gym battle and received the Trio Badge! It was a great day for us. :D

As I left the gym I ran into a scientist named Fennel. She dragged me to her house and gave me the HM Cut! I immediately taught Venus because I knew it would be useful later. Fennel then asked me to visit the Dreamyard for to find Dream mist.

To be continued...
3 BD - Editing this later with more stuff. :3

Years
I am excessively level grinding for the Elite Four rematch, Sawsbuck and Archeops rejoined my team.

th_503samurott.png
th_567archeops.png
th_586sawsbuck-spring.png
th_576gothitelle.png
th_609chandelure.png
th_635hydreigon.png

Natures and Abilities

Samurott - Serious/Torrent
Archeops - Quirky/Defeatist
Sawsbuck - Serious/Sap Sipper
Gothitelle - Calm/Frisk
Chandelure - Lonely/Flame Body
Hydreigon - Docile/Levitate

I just got Pokemon White and after two restarts, traded over a Snivy and Tepig and now I have restarted the game for my brother.

My new Snivy has a Bold nature while Tepig has a Jolly nature.

Last edited:

Hatsuharu

☆ princess of despair ☆
Years
I haven't played in a while, after getting brutally beaten by the Elite Four. I might pick it up and level-grind some... (I've been playing HG. Back on topic...) I bought a copy of Black so I didn't have to erase my data in White. I'll be editing/posting once I start over.

chaos11011

[untitled]
Years
  • Age 27
  • MA
  • Seen May 4, 2021
After finishing my Pokemon White Nuzlocke, I worked up the courage to restart my Pokemon Black. I transfered all of my important Pokemon (which is an entire Box .-.) to my Pokemon White. My journey will now begin.

Though, the sole reason why I'm playing through Pokemon Black again is because every time I play a game, I always seem to speed right through it. I mean, sure that's fun and all, but where's the adventure? I mean, if I were to finish the game in a week, wouldn't the tale be just as short? In this exploration, I will go through the game capturing and training every Pokemon I catch. I mean, wasn't that what (the) Professor Juniper(s) wanted? Another reason why I'm restarting this tale is because my brother had the urge to play White (thus why I'm doing this run on Black)

My brother wants to start this week, so that means I have to speed through the First Gym (ironic I know .-.) then I have to catch 30 POKEMON to transfer them so I can get my prized Pokemon.

----

On the journey itself, I started and named myself Iago (my irl name). Cheren and Belle (NO BIANCA 4 U). My partner for this research-filled journey is Exterio the Snivy. He is a relaxed little snake, I think he's resting so when he becomes the emperor known as Serperior, his energy will be ready to be used.

Snivy's name is based off of the Yugioh Card Naturia Exterio, the boss monster of the Naturia archetype.

495.gif

Exterio | Relaxed | Level 6
> Tackle, Leer

Last edited:

chaos11011

[untitled]
Years
  • Age 27
  • MA
  • Seen May 4, 2021
It's been 48 hours soooooo

Dear diary, I have set foot on this wonderful Unova region. The Pokemon Professor of this region, Juniper, has gave me a wonderful starter. He is commonly known as Snivy or in some countries, Tsutarja, but to me he is my little Exterio. I met two wonderful people here aswell, Cheren and Bianca, who were about my age and also had Pokemon. We chit-chatted a bit and then proceeded to battle. Both of the battles I participated, I won. Cheren won his battle against Bianca aswell.

Proceeding along I found two Pokemon to join my journey, Ceaser the Patrat and a small Lilipup who refuses to tell me his name. We traveled along until we found an adolescent named N. He talked about truth and ideals and then we battled. Cheren watched too. Afterwards, he looked at me and said that we would liberate his and everyones Pokemon. His Pokemon, Purrloin, wasn't too fond of it and wanted to have a trainer. N then asked him if that's what he really wanted and the cat nodded. He then gave me his Purrloin and I asked what was the cat's name. N, claiming he could speak the Pokemon toungue, said her name was Hayley.

We walked about and fought Bianca, who's Oshawott was stronger than the last time, taking down my unnamed Lillipup in the process. Speaking of Lillipup, she had one aswell. Cheren then showed us the Gym, in which the three of us entered arguing on who would battle the Gym Leader first. To our luck, there were three Gym Leaders, each specializing in a different type.

Of course, we would have to fight the one our starter was weak too. Though my friends and I had luck, as we recently met Fennel who gave us the C-Gear and a Pan-monkey respectivaly. She gave me Panpour, the monkey who specialized in water and used the moist tempeture to see, as it wasn't fond of using it's eyes.

After some elemental brigades we beat the gym and obtained the first badge of our journey, the Trio Badge.

Team up to this point: Exterio the Snivy, Ceaser the Patrat, A Lillipup who's name escapes me at the momment and Hayley the Panpour

Years
Dear Journal,

While I've had you since my journey began, I have yet to write anything till now. I'm sorry about all that; much of my journey is now coming to a close, so most of the interesting 'rising up the ranks' story is quite behind us. But here I am, sitting on a rock in front of the impressive building of the Pokémon League, thinking that I should probably keep a record of how my progression is going.

If we take a few steps back, a few days ago, I just finished battling Drayden, beating him and his Pokémon for a Legend Badge. My Beartic really came in handy there. He did so well, helping me with this badge, it hurt me greatly when I put him back on the PC. I'm sure I will bring him back with me at some point in the future; but right now i'm looking at the Elite Four.

I've been readying and studying for the upcoming battles. I've got some idea on the types I might want to use, but every one of my Pokémon are not ready yet. We are still weak in comparison, so I think instead of going head strong into these battles like I've done in the past on some of the badges, I will hold back, train some on Victory Road, and build everyone up. I might even look into adjusting my team some. Right now, I'm sticking with mainly my main group that I've traveled, with, but like I said earlier, I'm going to read up more on the types each Elite Four member uses, and see which Pokémon I have that could bring me an advantage.

I might also spend some time while I'm training on Victory Road to try and capture a Deino. I saw one yesterday, but it was too evasive and left me empty handed. I'm not sure if I would use him or her on my main team, but I do know that it would help me with my Pokédex if I were to capture one.

Anyway, before I end this entry, I'll post what my current team is. It's in no particular order, and like I said, I might be swapping things around before I finally go for the Elite Four in the next few days. We shall see.

My current team consists of: Serperior, Scolipede, Carracosta, Reuniclus, Eelekrik, and Chandelure.

So, I'll see you around. Hopefully I'll write something just before head into the Elite Four building, and I know I will have one when I'm done. I just hope everything goes well.

Liénda
(( GibbyGibson's character ingame ))

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
Years
I just started my journey in Pokemon Black. I have given the choice of 3 pokemon I can choose for my journey with my friends. I picked Oshowatt the water type. I battle both my friends,Cheren and Bianaca,destroying my room in the process. I beat both of them. We 3 walked to Accumala Town with Prof. Juniper and learned about my Poke Centers and Marts. She gave us pokeballs. As I was getting ready to leave,me and my friend Cheren seen a announcement from the known as Team Plasma who wanted everyone to realese their pokemon. After the meeting was dismissed I was confronted by a strange guy named N. I beat him with ease. After I left the down my mom met up with me and gave me some running shoes. I walked to Striaton City,I caught a Liliipup along the way. Before I entered the City,Bianace,challenged me to a battle and I won once more. After that I trained some in the Dream Lot where I battled 2 trainers and won and another girl gave me a Pansear. After I recieved Pansear I challenged Cheren to a battle and won. Now I am Prepareing myself to Challenge Cilan,one of the 3 leaders of the Striaton City Gym.

Years
Yesterday I did a lot in Unova. I caught the Telepathy Musharna (male with Naughty nature), rode on the Ferris Wheel with Dirk and my Bronzor, Cubone, Meowth, Munchlax, Gastly and Staryu evolved. I caught a few new Pokemon and relaxed in Undella Town. I am next going to rematch Cheren to show him how much stronger I am. Gothitelle is my main powerhouse, with Chandelure not far behind.

My team at the time is the same as the last post:

th_503samurott.png
th_567archeops.png
th_586sawsbuck-spring.png
th_576gothitelle.png
th_609chandelure.png
th_635hydreigon.png

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
So I picked up Black again and decided to see if I could beat the Elite Four for the second time with the team I had (Audino, Herdier, Scrafty, Boldore) aka Marshal-weak w/ only two max revives, 3 fresh water's and 2 moo-moo milks. I lost to Alder because Vanilluxe outsped Audino. Yeaaaaaaaaaaah. Going to try it again now w/ the proper items. I will update on the results!!!

(Doing so = totally an ultimate e4 challenge!)

I did pretty well though tbh, the only hard Pokemon was Volcarona, omgggggg. Definitely getting better Pokemon on my next playthrough, lool.

Edit: Did it again and I won, 10/10 for me! :3

Last edited:

Katniss Everdeen

Just another tribute.
Years
I'm starting my White journey now.

Trainer name: Katniss
Starter Pokemon: Oshawott

I haven't decided on a name for my Oshawott yet. I figured something like Gale. :P I'm currently still in Nuvema Town. I'm headed to Prof. Juniper's lab to say thank you for giving me Oshawott. :]

Years
The season just rolled over to summer and I was dreaming of catching a Cryogonal, I decided to take my False Swiping Zangoose with me to Twist Mountain and I found that Cryogonal!

It was such a pain to catch, taking me 8 Dusk Balls to catch.

Now I am proud of my effort and I am currently raising my Dragonair.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back