• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Quick Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Perriechu

i make this look easy tik-tik boom like gasoline-y
Years
Other than Reshiram, Zekrom, Tornadus, Landorur, Thundurus, and Kyurem, I think the others can be Shiny. (Events excluded cause they are sent regularly but if they ever release a way to catch them like Victini, then there is a chance we can get them shiny.

Just going to point out that events can be RNG'd to be shiny iirc. Wondercard abuse, I think. And I'm also confirming that the other legends apart from the mentioned can be shiny.

Years
  • Seen Oct 23, 2013
Guys i've restarted playing pokemon this week and i know almost nothing about B/W 2. Same region but same locations too? (i hope the map will be quite different) The plot is the only thing changing? Will be possible to complete the dex without importing from gen 4?

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
Guys i've restarted playing pokemon this week and i know almost nothing about B/W 2. Same region but same locations too? (i hope the map will be quite different) The plot is the only thing changing? Will be possible to complete the dex without importing from gen 4?

The region will be the same in B2/W2, but the plot will be different. There are loads of different features compared to the original B/W, like the Pokemon World Tournament and move tutors. Past Pokemon have been added to the Unova Dex as well.

And unfortunately, if you want to complete the National Dex, you do need to transfer from your Gen IV games or trade in the Trade Center forum.

Years
  • Seen Oct 16, 2013
Is there anyway to battle with others on an emulator (wi-fi battling)? ( as in battle, trade etc. ) Please don't include Pokemon Online here, I've already tried it, din't suit me. :P

I really want to do this for my emulated Black 2, and since I couldn't find the right place to post, I came here.

Years
Is there anyway to battle with others on an emulator (wi-fi battling)? ( as in battle, trade etc. ) Please don't include Pokemon Online here, I've already tried it, din't suit me. :P

I really want to do this for my emulated Black 2, and since I couldn't find the right place to post, I came here.

Unfortunately, there is absolutely no way to battle or trade on emulators.

You can only do it on legitimate copies of the game.

Haseyo

쏘쿨
Years
Actually, if you have an Acekard, it'll treat the game just like a legit copy. I'm able to trade, Wi-Fi battle, GTS, Global Link; all that good stuff.

Disclaimer: I am in no way / shape / form endorsing the use of one. I fully support Pokemon and buy their games.

Years
  • Seen Oct 23, 2013
I think he's talking about pc emulation in fact he mentioned pokemon online. With a ds flashcard instead it's possible to have wi-fi battles etc.

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years

There are some tutorials that show how to enable Wi-Fi on DeSmuME so there SHOULD be way how to battle and trade througout Wi-Fi but I must say I've never tried it so it's up to you to try.

Tropical Sunlight

The Faltine
Years
I have Black - does that mean that when the two games come out in October, am I obliged to buy Black 2, since I like White 2 better? What effect does it have, if any?

Thanks in advance. :)

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
I have Black - does that mean that when the two games come out in October, am I obliged to buy Black 2, since I like White 2 better? What effect does it have, if any?

It's totally up to you if you want to buy Black 2 or White 2 if you have the original Black game. There isn't much of an effect when you buy either one, except for version exclusives; both Black and Black 2 have similar version exclusives for instance.

Years

As PlatinumDude said, it's your choice whether you like Black 2 or White 2 better. You can get either one no matter which of the original Black and White pair you got.

They basically have the same features, with a few differences in location appearance and version-exclusive Pokemon.

I can describe the version-exclusive Pokemon just in case if you're deciding which one you'd like since most people take version exclusives into account when choosing.

Exclusive to Black 2
Spoiler:

Exclusive to White 2
Spoiler:

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years

You don't need to but in my opinion sequels are the opposites...
You can catch Reshiram in Black and White 2 and you can catch Zekrom in White and Black 2.
If I may suggest something, get an opposite sequel, just to see the features of the other game =)

Galdr

ドラゴンのおうじ
Years
In addition to version exclusives, I suggest getting the color sequel that you started with. So, if you have Black Version, get Black 2. If you have White Version, get White 2.

Spoiler:

I just wanted to add that in. ^^;

Polizard

Awesome Trainer
Years
I'm trying to learn as little as possible about Black and White 2 so when i play it i can basically go in blind. I have however been told something that interests me, a friend of mine has told me about challenge and relax mode. He is under the impression that Relax mode is unlocked by completing the game in White 2 and Challenge mode is unlocked by completing the game in Black 2. Is this true because i prefer white but would play black to unlock challenge mode. Can someone please clarify this for me through a private message.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
Correct. Relax (Easy) mode is exclusive to Pokemon White 2. Once you beat the game you get it and can lower the Level of Pokemon as well as the Trainer's AI in battle (All of them) Sadly to get the full extent of the mode you'd have to activate it on another game as using it on your game will only lower the levels and Trainer AI of anyone you haven't beaten yet as well as the E4 Rematches.

Challenge Mode (Hard) does the same thing and is exclusive to Black 2.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 11, 2022
-It will possible to go to Sinnoh? Or Johto or Kanto?
-We can catch Zekrom?
-Is PKMN trainer Red there?

1. No, it isn't. Black 2 and White 2, just like Black and White, are Unova exclusive games.

2. You can catch Zekrom or Reshiram depending on your version. Black 2 will receive Zekrom, while White 2 will receive Reshiram.

3. Red is included in the games, but as an opponent in the Pokemon World Tournament.

Murkrow

Nasty Plotting
Years
  • Seen Nov 13, 2023
Correct. Relax (Easy) mode is exclusive to Pokemon White 2. Once you beat the game you get it and can lower the Level of Pokemon as well as the Trainer's AI in battle (All of them) Sadly to get the full extent of the mode you'd have to activate it on another game as using it on your game will only lower the levels and Trainer AI of anyone you haven't beaten yet as well as the E4 Rematches.

Challenge Mode (Hard) does the same thing and is exclusive to Black 2.

to add, the modes are available as keys and you can actually trade them between the 2 versions. So with IR connection between 2 DS you can get challenge mode on White as well.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
Guys I just found that Australia and New Zealand's Release Date for B2W2 is October 11th. I edited the first post with a Mini FAQ. If you can think of something to add to the FAQ please PM me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back