• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

♛ Legendary Pokemon Club (new event started!) ♛

Status
Not open for further replies.

Synerjee

[font=Itim]Atra du evarinya ono varda.[/font]
Years
If you could remove one legendary Pokemon from the Pokedex, which would you remove and why?

Similar to the above posts, it would have to be Heatran. Legendary Pokemon usually do not have genders, but this Fire/Steel-type does. It's kinda strange. Also, I think Phione should go. It's almost useless to be honest. Why would the offspring of Manaphy be so much weaker than Manaphy itself?? I Simply Do Not Get It.

Last edited by a moderator:

Olli

I am still bathing in a summer's afterglow
Years
If you could remove one legendary Pokemon from the Pokedex, which would you remove and why?

Going along with the stream, I'm gonna say Phione and Heatran. While I like both Pokemon, neither of them really fit into the legendary category. Heatran may have the looks and all, but it just never really felt like a legendary. I think, if it had to be part of some kind of category, pseudo-legendary would fit it better. I don't know if its stats even match those, but otherwise, it just doesn't really fit in anywhere.

Phione I feel the same about, however it should've just been a regular Pokemon, even more fitting as a baby Pokemon. Manaphy doesn't really fit in as a legendary either, and I don't see why either of them are even considered one. Neither of them have the design, strength, background or whatever to really make them seem like legendaries, yet they're still considered to be so. Perhaps it's because the only way to get them is by getting Manaphy through an event, and then breeding it to get a Phione, however that just makes them special cases, not really anything that should really link them to legendaries.

So, if I were to remove one legendary from the Pokedex, I'd say Manaphy, since I guess that'd remove Phione as well, and I just think both of those are the least fitting legendaries.

Vegetunks937

The Superior Fusion
Years
Username: Vegetunks937
2 Legendary Pokémon Partners:
Mewtwo and Yveltal
Answer a Topic: I would take out Kyogre as i don't like it's design.

TwilightBlade

All dreams are but another reality.
Years
@Tabor: Welcome to the club! I think the concept behind Phione was rather trollish on Gamefreak's part. They already made Manaphy an event-exclusive Pokemon - and I sure wasn't going to buy Pokemon Ranger - but after obtaining one, you have the option of breeding and producing weaker... squishy... things. ;___; Talk about adding salt to our wounds. I'd much rather Phione not exist at all, yeah!

@ɯɐǝq ɹǝpʎɥ: Heatran is kinda cute, but yeah, its design is quite uninspiring. We already had tons of volcano dwelling legendary Pokemon, too. Let's not forget that Heatran can climb on walls... That freaked me out the most when watching the Arceus movie!

@Ozzy: Remind me to gut you and hang you in an alternate dimension for not loving Giratina. ;_; He just reeks of brute strength and of deathly... things. :D Yay being dragon and ghost!

@Synerjee: Lati twins have genders, but their genders are justified. Even Meloetta walks away genderless when she's gotta be clearly female... Why does Heatran have a gender? Why Cresselia, but not Darkrai? Why do the genies have genders, too? XD I think the only legendary Pokemon that should have genders are the Lati twins, given their origin.

@Olli97: I'm not against seeing Manaphy disappear or is that because it's the only Gen IV event I never obtained?! because we already have Shaymin as Sinnoh's tiny, cutesy, 100-base stat legendary.

@Vegetunks937: Welcome! I searched around to find a fan-sprite of Yveltal for you. :P Why don't you like Kyogre's design? It just wants to get you a big hug... Hmm... New topic time!

What would you change about any existing legendary Pokemon?

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
hi imma join k <3

Username: Meganium90
2 Legendary Pokémon Partners: Articuno & Meloetta

The fact that they made Ho-Oh another Fire-Flying type when it should have been a different type. At first I thought it would be a dark-type, to make it Lugia's counterpart, but it would probably not make any sense whatsoever. xD

Synerjee

[font=Itim]Atra du evarinya ono varda.[/font]
Years
Welcome to the most Legendary of clubs, Meganium! :D

I actually don't think any legendary really needs to be changed. All of them are perfect just the way they are. I do have a slight issue with Genesect and its drives though. The must to interchange between drives to change types between fire, water, ice and electric makes its unique move Techno Blast quite inconvenient methinks. Perhaps there could be a single drive that makes Techno Blast super effective against anything it hits, but rather inaccurate, like around 40% - 50% chance of hitting so as to not make it too overpowered? Just my opinion.

Last edited:
Years

I'd probably make all the Lake Guardians have dual typings, Keldeo getting stat reorganization in Resolute Form or maybe make the alternate Kyurem formes Ice/Electric (Black Kyurem) and Ice/Fire (White Kyurem). Other than that I guess I'd leave everything else the way it is.

Olli

Years

I'm not really sure if I would want to change anything about any of the legendaries. I'm not too familiar with most of the fifth generation legendaries, and when it comes to stats, movesets and the likes, I'm completely lost in all regards. The first thing that really sprang to mind, was to change Mewtwo to be much stronger, since that's kinda what it lacks. I don't know how well it would apply now, since Arceus was introduced, but as more games were released, Mewtwo just lost its spot as the most powerful Pokemon and all, which I just don't like at all. Mewtwo was so cool back in the day for me, and I just don't really want to let go of that :(

Other than that, I don't really think any changes are needed :p

Starry Windy

Everything will be Daijoubu.
Years
I think Keldeo's Resolute form's stats must be stronger than the "ordinary form" one. Other than that, I have nothing to change.

Olli

Years
Well, time for a new topic!

Which legendary Pokemon's backstory is, in your opinion, the most interesting?

By that I mean, for example, how Mewtwo was created, how Arceus created the world of Pokemon, how Mew is the ancestor of all Pokemon, and so on. Which one did you like the most, and why? :)

Starry Windy

Everything will be Daijoubu.
Years
For me, that would be when the backstory says that "Reshiram and Zekrom was formerly one Pokémon". That makes me imagine how they were when they are one back then, and the formula of "Truth and Ideals" there makes me interested more on them.

TwilightBlade

All dreams are but another reality.
Years
I really like the story behind the legendary beast trio. They consider their master to be Ho-oh, who revived them when one tower in Ecruteak crumbled. The legendary beasts symbolize the three events that happened to the tower: the lightning that struck, the fire that burned, and the rain and wind that put out the fire.

Here's some fanart I found of Ho-oh I wanted to share. :)
2h2f2nr.jpg

Olli

Years
I really like the story behind the legendary beast trio. They consider their master to be Ho-oh, who revived them when one tower in Ecruteak crumbled. The legendary beasts symbolize the three events that happened to the tower: the lightning that struck, the fire that burned, and the rain and wind that put out the fire.

Here's some fanart I found of Ho-oh I wanted to share. :)
2h2f2nr.jpg
I'd honestly completely forgotten about this. I really love it when connections are drawn between legendaries, rather than just rather than just putting one in the game and thinking up a quick backstory for them, without any relation to any of the other Pokemon :p

As people can probably guess from all my other posts regarding Mewtwo, I really like his origin. The whole idea of a Pokemon created by humans to be the strongest Pokemon of all, is just something I find to be really creative, especially considering it was at the start of the franchise, when they could've used so many other ideas. Seems like more is gonna be added to his backstory with X&Y with the whole Newtwo thing, and I'm not quite sure how I feel about that. Perhaps it'll be a good addition, or everyone will just end up hating it :p Only time will tell!

Also, btw guys.

Announcement!

Since neither Blade nor myself have watched it yet, and since it fit in with the topic of the club, we decided on livestreaming the Keldeo movie for the club. No official time has really been decided yet, but I thought sometime next weekend. It really depends on how many of y'all are gonna join us, and when you have time. So yeah, feel free to post whenever you'll be able to attend (if you actually want to :p), and we'll work something out :D

Avishka

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Nov 13, 2019
Announcement!

Since neither Blade nor myself have watched it yet, and since it fit in with the topic of the club, we decided on livestreaming the Keldeo movie for the club. No official time has really been decided yet, but I thought sometime next weekend. It really depends on how many of y'all are gonna join us, and when you have time. So yeah, feel free to post whenever you'll be able to attend (if you actually want to :p), and we'll work something out :D
i am definitely attending the movie!!

i gotta agree with olli Mewtwo's story is the best! A POKéMON that was created by genetic manipulation.The rarest Pokemon on earth who is able to speak a human language.

Lycanroc

under the sun
Years
I'll join.

Username: GoldenRayquaza
2 Legendary Partner Pokemon: Rayquaza and Keldeo
I can't decide between Mewtwo and Keldeo. They're just the two legendaries that have the best backstories.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen May 25, 2014
Username: dreichberg
Pokemon partners: Lugia and Ho-oh
My favorite pokemon backstory is Mewtwo's because who can't think a pokemon that was made by humans.

kosuke

Extraterrestrial DNA
Years
Username: kosuke
2 Partners: Lugia and Deoxys
In my opinion, its Keldeo's. I mean its so cool training hard and becoming a sword of justice.

Olli

Years
Welcome to all the new members!

Alright, so the movie is set to be streamed Saturday and Sunday, at 3 different times each day to accommodate for all members. So far the streams are set to start at 6 pm in the timezones: GMT -6, GMT and GMT +8, but you're all free to suggest any other time you'd like. Hope to see some of you at the livestreams! :)

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 2, 2016
:o A live stream of the Keldeo movie?? I haven't seen it yet so I'll be sure to join! :D (Someone remind me when it starts so I don't forget lol)

Reactions: EB
Years
Username: LadyNyx
2 Legendary Pokémon Partners: Darkrai and Cresselia
Answer a Topic:
What it would be like if Arceus was a mascot to his own game?
I would definitely buy this game. I think if they could come up with a good storyline, such a game would be amazing and possibly quite popular. The mascot would be the the Alpha pokemon said to create Sinnoh, Ransai, and possibly the rest of the Pokemon universe.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back