• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What do you do with your Legendary Pokemon

WingedDragon

Competitive Trainer
Years
Since there isnt much one can do with it (deoxys, mew, Darkrai, etc). What do you do with them?

I am currently training with my Deoxys. Seeing how it works. Got a lv 100 mewtwo as well that is ready to go, and probably get my Kryeum-W up to 100 and do an open Challenge against anyone against those three.

Years
With the exception of using Reshiram against N in Black, I mostly box my Legendaries after I catch them since I usually have other Pokemon that can do their job better.

T!M

Four Category MoTY (VG) Winner
Years
With the exception of using Reshiram against N in Black, I mostly box my Legendaries after I catch them since I usually have other Pokemon that can do their job better.

Ditto. As Hikari said; aside from the battle with N, when I get'em I box'em. :)

Treecko

the princess without voice
Years
Basically what Hikari said. I never really use legendary Pokemon in my teams anymore. I use to as a kid, but now I just see using them as an unfair disadvantage. The only exceptions was when I used Zekrom against N in White and I used Ho-Oh in my HeartGold team for a while which has now been replaced by a Pidgeot.

Years
I'll have to echo the previous posters in that I mostly just box my legendaries as well. There've only been two times in recent memory where I actually used one of my legendaries, with the first being when I tested out an Articuno knowing Mind Reader and Sheer Cold. The other one is Mew, who's actually in my current party on White 2 (albeit, in an HM slave role, just because).

Firox

eepz, come help pwease!
Years
Agree with what Hikari mentioned. I don't use any legendaries, by the time they can be catched, I'm already attached to my team, so there is no reason to use them.

Kikaito plush

Angeline plushxKikaito plush
Years
yeah pretty much using legends in your team is just cheap way of battling. the only time I used an legend was the Arceus Event to try out it's ablity which changes it's type on what plate it is holding.

Reactions: T!M

tnfsf11

What do you do with your Legendary Pokemon
BOXED.

LOL not always, the only legendary I used in my team was Ho-Oh in Gold, because I liked the idea of it being a strong fire-flying Pokemon.
Why I box legendaries? because most of them are obtainable only after the E4, & by the time I reach the E4 I would already have a complete team. Besides that most games don't have much for me to do after the E4 (unlike in Gold & HeartGold) so it wouldn't make a difference if I caught a legendary afterwards...

Khoshi

[b]とてもかわいい![/b]
Years
I usually keep my Legendaries in the box forever...my team were usually much more powerful by the time I caught them, like almost all my team were level 52-55 when I got around to catching Dialga in Diamond. I used Giratina in Platinum though, since my team was horribly underlevelled.

Aurora

seven years here and i finally figure out how to d
Years
I'll usually make a conscious attempt to teach my legendary SOMETHING useful, or at least up it a few levels. I've never actually raised a legendary to Level 100, so I'm considering attempting that and seeing how I go (I know it's much more difficult as you require 25% more Experience Points than normal Pokemon to get most legendaries to Level 100). If I don't find much use in them, though, I'll box them and occasionally pull them out when I want to have some fun.

Years
  • Seen Jan 28, 2023
I've always boxed them, myself, including the Event legendaries/special ed. Pokemon.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen yesterday
Usually box them. Always use Reshiram against N, and recently used Rayquaza against the Elite Four in Emerald (Well, actually just the Champion because I was kinda sleepy and wanted to see the end credits whilst still conscious). Often I use them a little in re-matches or a run through the elite four, however on HeartGold and Platinum this doesn't work as the Elite Four get stronger.

I used my first Manaphy though. Jumped the egg onto Platinum at the first opportunity and used it all the way through

BrandoSheriff

Has a tendency to figure things out
Years
I always use the game's main legendary on my team. So I always save one space in my party until I get it. xD

Others, I put in the PC. I already have a team of legendaries that I use for fun alongside my "competitive" team.

Sanguine

malignant narcissist
Years
I try to use my legendaries after catching them, but I usually forget about them, y'know.

The only exception to this was in R/S/E, when I used to exploit Kyogre's Drizzle and gave it CM + Thunder xD

Years
I have been using a Legendary in LG and Emerald. It was Articuno, found on LG, trained in LG for a while. I leveled him to 100, then traded to Emerald.

Years
  • Seen Sep 18, 2020
I box them, since (at least in fourth & fifth generation) they can't be used in battle tower type things.
I might use the legendaries that aren't so banned though (I guess for 'only' having pseudolegendary stat totals), like Cresselia and the birds.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
I normally use the mascot legends, with a few exceptions (Rayquaza, Kyurem, Zekrom). I use other legendaries for battle facilities, depending on their competitive viability and legality.

Zorogami

WUB WUB
Years
Back as a kid, i used to put them all in my team to have a party of only legendaries xD
Now i usually just box them, i did however use Zekrom in White and Kyogre in Sapphire

Back