• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Your first anime?

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years
The first ever anime that I watched when I was much younger was a program known as Tokyo Mew Mew, or in English, Mew Mew Power. I don't know why I liked it, but it was fascinating to see them transform into their Mew forms and then seeing them fight the monsters created by the 'baddies', more commonly known as Kishu, Taruto and Pai.
My first English voiced anime =D
I also liked it very much and was sad when it ended in half because no other episodes were dubbed =)
I watched it later with subs =D

Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Jul 9, 2014
My first English voiced anime =D
I also liked it very much and was sad when it ended in half because no other episodes were dubbed =)
I watched it later with subs =D

I used to watch it on some lame TV channel, something like 'PipGirl' ... I cried at the end of the second season when ...

This is a spoiler. Do not click it unless you want the program to be spoiled, or you have seen it before.

Spoiler:

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jun 29, 2019
For me it was DBZ back around the early 2000s. First thing I said when watching it was wondering if this was what crack felt like.

Glameow

Purrrfect~
Years
In the late 90 ' s I caught Sailor Moon and Card captors on WB in the morning and on weekends. I really enjoyed CCS with all the cards and cast.

Years
My first anime was probably Pokemon, though I didn't know it was anime at the time. I didn't realize stuff I was watching was called anime until... probably when I initially was watching Bleach, Death Note, or Code Geass. I had watched a lot of anime without realizing it was anime in the interim, though, including Digimon, Yu-Gi-Oh!, Yu Yu Hakusho, and the various Dragon Ball series. And, yes, I did continue watching anime even once I realized it was anime. I mean, Cowboy Bebop, FLCL, FMA, GITS, and InuYasha, among other shows, were constantly re-airing on Adult Swim on Saturdays at the time. Who would not watch that lineup?

Goo

Fiction is an improvement on life
Years
Oh dear my first anime was an absolutely terrible drama called Fushigi Yuugi. And I shamefully admit I still like it today for nostalgic reasons. And for Nuriko. Totally for Nuriko. I guess I kind of watched DBZ as a child, an episode here and there because I had a friend who loved it, but I didn't pay attention and what I saw I never understood what was going on. I also saw Sailor Moon in a similar way.

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Sep 14, 2017
Kiki's Delivery Service is what I remember the most, since Kiki and I both had black cats c:
I watched Sailor Moon and Pokemon too, along with Dragonball, but Dragonball scared me xD
When I really got into anime though, the first one I watched was Rozen Maiden.

Homura Akemi

time is f o r e v e r~
Years
The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya. Apart from Pokemon and Naruto, which were occasionally on TV, TMoHS is the first animu I watched from start to finish, episode by episode, without breaks, really.

Masterge77

Robot Mienshao
Years
My first anime was Dragonball Z. I grew up with Cartoon Network in the early 2000's, and with it was Toonami where I watched Dragonball Z and many other anime shows every weekday, while I would watch the Pokemon anime and Yu-Gi-Oh! on Saturdays on Kids WB.

Back