• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Hoenn Remake

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dunsparce

The Land Snake Pokemon
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jan 1, 2023
Gold and Silver were the highest selling Pokemon games until Diamond and Pearl Came out ;P

Compared to the 1st, 2nd, and 4th Gens, the 3rd Gen did the worst.

The 1st and 2nd Gens were around when everyone and their mothers had Pokemon merchandise, but the big 90's Media Pokemon hype was pretty much over in the western world when R/S came out. Diamond and Pearl suprised us all by outselling Gold and Silver, and all of a sudden Pokemon became more popular again, but still not as popular as the Pokemon's "Golden Age"

3rd Gen is not that great, IMO. Infact, it is my least favorite Generation.

The only games I liked in it were FR/LG and Colosium(Johto Pokemon Galore) and XD (Kanto Pokemon and Event Moves Galore)

Edit: But that doesn't mean I think 3rd Gen is horrible. It's just that I prefer the other 3 gens. I enjoyed Emrald for the Battle Frontier, but that's about it.

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen today
Hoenn was my favorite region! The secret bases were really cool though, and the battle frontier was pretty neat. I liked the v.s.seeker made it easy trainning.

shanecdavis

Prof. Davis
Years
  • Age 52
  • Utah
  • Seen Jul 27, 2010
Gold and Silver were the highest selling Pokemon games until Diamond and Pearl Came out ;P

Compared to the 1st, 2nd, and 4th Gens, the 3rd Gen did the worst.

The 1st and 2nd Gens were around when everyone and their mothers had Pokemon merchandise, but the big 90's Media Pokemon hype was pretty much over in the western world when R/S came out. Diamond and Pearl suprised us all by outselling Gold and Silver, and all of a sudden Pokemon became more popular again, but still not as popular as the Pokemon's "Golden Age"

3rd Gen is not that great, IMO. Infact, it is my least favorite Generation.

The only games I liked in it were FR/LG and Colosium(Johto Pokemon Galore) and XD (Kanto Pokemon and Event Moves Galore)

Edit: But that doesn't mean I think 3rd Gen is horrible. It's just that I prefer the other 3 gens. I enjoyed Emrald for the Battle Frontier, but that's about it.

Time to add FACTS to this argument. These figures are accurate as of July 15, 2008:

Total Sales:

Game Boy/Game Boy Color
Pokemon Red, Blue, and Green (1996) - 20.08 million
Pokemon Gold and Silver (1999) - 14.51 million
Pokemon Yellow (1998) - 8.26 million
Pokemon Crystal (2000) - 3.75 million

Game Boy Advance
Pokemon Ruby and Sapphire (2002) - 13 million
Pokemon FireRed and LeafGreen (2004) - 11.82 million
Pokeon Emerald (2004) - 6.32 million

Nintendo DS
Pokemon Diamond and Pearl (2006) - 14.77 million

By Generation:

3rd Generation: 31.14 million (6 years)
1st Generation: 28.34 million (12 years)
2nd Generation: 18.26 (9 years)
4th Generation: 14.77 (2 years)

Even if you separate FRLG sales from RSE, it has still sold more (19.32 million) in 6 years than GSC has in 9 years. While you personally might not like the 3rd generation games, they are by far the best selling of all the gen games, even spotting RBY 6 years of sales. That said, as much as I dislike the 4th generation, given a few more years of sales (and including Platinum) they will more than likely eclipse both the 1st and 3rd gen as the top selling dog.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Ohio
  • Seen Oct 15, 2009
There's no need for a remake of R/S/E. They're awful games. It's Pokemon, but they've all been replaced with NeoPets. Even if they have sold the most, that's more because they created Pokemon that would appeal to kids with what's currently popular (stupid **** like NeoPets). They were by far the worst received critically, and I'd like to think they were the worst received by true fans of the game.

LethalTexture

Breeder and Battler
Years
If they do remake the Hoenn games, it's much too soon for them to do so. The G/S/C remake's chances of happening is decreasing as the years go by, but it's much more likely for Gen II remakes to be made first, despite the sales figures.

shanecdavis

Prof. Davis
Years
  • Age 52
  • Utah
  • Seen Jul 27, 2010
There's no need for a remake of R/S/E. They're awful games. It's Pokemon, but they've all been replaced with NeoPets. Even if they have sold the most, that's more because they created Pokemon that would appeal to kids with what's currently popular (stupid **** like NeoPets). They were by far the worst received critically, and I'd like to think they were the worst received by true fans of the game.
Now try to convince me that the DP monstrosities aren't even worse. TWO evos of Roselia? Really?

Angelic Diablo

Scyther >> You
Years
I would personally love to see a pokemon game where you can start in Kanto and travel to Johto, Hoenn and Sinnoh. Only problem is with the level cap at 100, your team would be level 100 before you hit Hoenn. So prehaps harder to level or a higher level cap.

Then the problem would be whether the DS can handle a game of that size, if it goes to console it's just not the same as a handheld

Years
  • Age 34
  • Ohio
  • Seen Oct 15, 2009
I would personally love to see a pokemon game where you can start in Kanto and travel to Johto, Hoenn and Sinnoh. Only problem is with the level cap at 100, your team would be level 100 before you hit Hoenn. So prehaps harder to level or a higher level cap.

Then the problem would be whether the DS can handle a game of that size, if it goes to console it's just not the same as a handheld

It most definitely can hold four regions of Pokemon areas. It shouldn't be a challenge for the DS cartridge at all. Look at Final Fantasy III and IV. They're fully 3D games, both much longer than any Pokemon game, while featuring full-rendered CGI cutscenes. If a DS game can do that, then Game Freak is just ripping everyone off. The only game that took advantage of more of the space on a game is Gold/Silver. Why would they revert back to one region for the next generation with a much more advanced cartridge? It doesn't make sense to me.

MechaTrickster

Another person in the world
Years
Theres gonna be a remake, but theres little chance it will be on gba. After GS remake. Theres gonna be a new pokemon gen. then theres gonna be a remake, probaly hoen :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back