• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Smile!

curiousnathan

Starry-eyed
Years
Throughout out journey through Johto and Kanto in HGSS, we encountered a peculiar character known as Cameron the Photographer. With a simple click, you were able to get a photo from him of yourself and your party in various locations around the regions. The essence of this thread is to discuss your view on this little addition. Did you like how you could capture certain moments or certain stages of your party? Do you often reflect upon these images and smile at the memories you made, so many gaming hours ago? Did you dislike the fact that you could only hold a certain amount of photos? Did you like this feature in general? Why or why not?

For me, I loved this idea. It was a quick and easy way to record your party's progress. I always found it really fun to go through all my old photos form the beginning of my game. Flicking photo after photo it was great to watch my team develop and grow until reaching the point where I was currently. I did however dislike the fact that you could only hold on to a certain amount of photos, but other than that I didn't find any other drawbacks.

Sirfetch’d

I liked it. My favorite part would be seeing all of my Pokemon in their early stages and then looking at them fully evolved. It brought back memories of training them. I really didn't notice the limit though. Also I wish they were slightly better in quality, but other than that I loved it and hope to see Cameron make a return in future generations and possibly in the RSE remakes(We all know they are coming). :)

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
While having a picture with my Pokemon was indeed a cool concept, it was kind of annoying to see Cameron almost everywhere I went. I did take a few pictures here and there, though.

Years
I have to say Cameron was an interesting character, it was weird seeing him in so many places but I loved having my photo taken.

It was a neat feature, cos it showed how my party progressed throughout the game. I often loved looking at the photos in the PC.

Rainbow Arcanine

now known as aslan
Years
Cameron was certainly interesting... It use to scare me how he popped everywhere and for the longest time I never dared to even try take a photo. But then one day, feeling brave I decided to have a go and the picture was pretty cool ^^.

So I took a few snaps in the places I liked like the Ice Path and other natural places,along with some busy cities. He is a decent addition to the game and now I like him personally.

FrostPheonix

Eternity.
Years
I liked Cameron. I used to take pictures all the time. Although I rarely looked at them, when I did, it was nice to see how the pokemon developed throughout the game.
And there is a photo limit? I haven't reached it then :).

Years
This was a unique feature but it definitely didn't hold my interest very long if at all. D: I tried to use it at first but completely forgot to continue taking photos and looking back on my old teams, so I ended up giving up with Cameron very quickly, lool. There really wasn't an incentive for me to use it.

So yeah, not my cup of tea, really.

Years
I didn't mind it after the first five or so photos. After that, though, it bothered me when I went to talk to him thinking it was a generic NPC, and it turned out to be Cameron.

The idea itself was good, but I wish that he would only take one picture of you in each location, and have it more like a sidequest to have your picture taken in each area, and maybe get a prize for completing it (like a Rare Candy or PP Up or something). Maybe that would have made me like him more.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen yesterday
I loved him! I really enjoyed this feature. Except a lot of the times my pokemon kept blocking eachother in photos >.>

LinooneFriend

Pokefriend
Years
Cameron was the best! I loved seeing all my cutest/strongest/awesomest Pokemon standing all around me.
However, I reached the max number of photos faster than I reached the max number of Nintendogs around 7 years ago. And I absolutely hate deleting them, I want the pictures of my Flaffy at the park and the lighthouse and the pokeathelon. Oh well...

Years
  • Age 31
  • USA
  • Seen Mar 11, 2024
Cameron was pretty cool, but for me, I loved taking pictures with the Gym Leaders! To this day I like to look back on those old photos and smile.
I'd really like Cameron more if I wasn't almost always blocking one of my Pokemon in the picture! I also would have liked if there was room to save more pictures, because the scenery in some of those shots was stunning.

Tranca

Monolith
Years
  • Seen Jan 7, 2013
I like it, it is enjoyable, but not so much so that I particularly miss it not appearing in newer versions.

Years
  • Seen Nov 23, 2012
Cameron was an interesting character, it was weird seeing him in so many places but I loved having my photo taken.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Sep 18, 2020
I payed him little attention. I'm just so old-school that I almost exclusively engage in battles. This applies to so many other diversions too.

Back