• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Has the Fourth Generation had its time? Have you moved on?

Ninjagon

Back from a break.
Years
SS is probably the game I hunt on the most for my shinies, the last one being Shiny Ho-oh. I also loved HGSS and Platinum, they are some of my favourite games. I probably won't ever move on, at the most, i'll leave my game untouched for 2 years and the find interest in it :) Gen IV and Gen V are completely different, but in my opinion I like them equally.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2023
I don't think Gen IV has had it's time at all. The Sinnoh region was utterly amazing at certainly shouldn't ever be forgotten! I'm not a big fan of Unova so I'm a little biased, but I really think that Gen IV was on the whole much better than Gen V and certainly hasn't "had it's time" :3 As for picking up the older generation games, I'd be unlikely to do that too since the Pokéathlon and the following Pokémon are two things I'd miss far too much! So in summary; Gen IV rules.

Rainbow Arcanine

now known as aslan
Years
No and never will, I'm staying put. D/P/Pt are amazing games in my opinion. The new Pokemon introduced are wonderful, great designs and best of all unique! Puzzles like Candace's gym to give me a real challenge in the game and proving it wasn't just battling. Characters in this game were some of my favourites - Looker, I love how he's disguised as a boulder in Stark Mt., always found that bit hilarious. Barry as well, best rival ever who was introduced in the 4th Gen.

Then there's HGSS. GAMEFREAK, MOST AMAZING REMAKE EVER :D!!! Although I never played GSC, HGSS was my favourite game. The follow me feature, I adored how my close Pokemon could follow me around. The music was stunning as well, like the Champion and Red's theme along with the Kanto Gym Leader one.

I will not move away from the 4th Generation. It is a great generation and always will be xD.

slim spazzy

Kik: spazzyda59
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jan 15, 2017
nope

well...... i have not yet........ black and whittes pokemon look horrible ( zekrom is ok)...... it has a very short story line and you cannot rebattle hym leaders and the pokemon do not follow you....... hgss brings back memories....... i wish hgss was made like bw in graphics....

Years
I've moved on for the most part, as well, though the fourth gen has a special place in my heart! D/P/Pt brought some awesome features to the table and will always be unique regardless of how "outdated" they'll become later down the line~

I will replay for fun from time to time but not right now since I'm still in my fifth gen hype phase, haha.

Years
  • Seen Jan 27, 2014
No, I don't think I have completely moved on...I'll still play to catch them all + get the stars in HeartGold. Of course, I'll be playing White 2 first and then Black 2/another White 2...(Gotta love the Shiny Pokemon...the Haxorus + Dratini!)

Empathy

Rawr.
Years
I will always be Gen IV. Sinnoh has always been my favourite region. I love all the Pokemon, and the storyline as well.

Technically I cannot compare Unova to Sinnoh. Reason being, I have not played Black orWhite, because I was so turned off most of the new Pokemon instantly. Pokemon like Swanna and Jellicnt I love because they represent something of an animal. Most others represent, icecream? Coffins? No.

I will always love the Fourth Gen, and don't think I will move on from it.

Years
Yes, I have. The only game worth playing in 4th gen was Platinum. The remakes were remakes of my least favorite games in the series, and D/P had a terrible Pokemon selection and nothing to do in the postgame that makes it extremely hard play. Platinum fixes these, so its alright.

Years
  • Age 34
  • UK
  • Seen Jan 29, 2013
I probably will pick up SoulSilver again at some point, but for now, I'm done with it and eagerly awaiting Black 2 and White 2.

Years
I have pokemon HGSS and I am finally getting back my Platinum from my nephew.
I am currently trying to complete my pokedex in SS. I have never caught them all and I want to reach that small childhood dream.

I have black but I can't get into it. I got tired of only being able to take two steps before someone wants to battle me then I have either go back to the pokemon centre or use potions. Even when my pokemon got strong enough to kill off each trainer's pokemon with one hit I, it often got to the point where I just wanted to scream. Sometimes I just want to walk or move on ... physically and story wise.

Also I just can't take the new pokemon seriously. That one with a pig nose and one tooth is just an embarrassment from the game developers.

So no, I have not moved on. I am still an hard-core Gen IV player and doubt I will move on any time soon.

Years
  • Seen Oct 30, 2016
NO WAY!!!! I play soul silver more than anything else. Thats prob because I can transfer to the new games if i ever move on, yet still play an old game at heart. I love picking up my original silver and blue games though.

LividZephyr

Oxymoron, not a moron, thanks
Years
I might have to give SoulSilver another go. I sorta got bored of it, but it seems to be a really complete game and I got bored of it do to my Pokemon marathoning at the time.

Platinum is always amazing as well and I don't see myself giving it up. I prefer Platinum to White, but only slightly. White has a better story but there's so much less to do and there are several things removed. Platinum has a greater replay value, and I need to trade a few Pokemon that are on my current file to my Master Pearl (I eventually need to migrate everything on that game to White1 and buy Black1 to replay) so I can do my Fighting playthrough (Infernape, Gallade, Lucario, Toxicroak, Heracross, and either Medicham or Weavile to compensate for my type disadvantages [though Heracross can take Psychic and birds won't be a big deal).

Yeah, I plan ahead for old games too. I just want to play this... maybe I should ask people here to help trade and see what I can give for a reward? xD

Treecko

the princess without voice
Years
Actually, I haven't even completed one play through of any 4th gen game yet. I lost my original copy of Diamond at a hotel when my family went on vacation in Atlanta. I never made it to Sunyshore City yet. Luckily I bought a new copy of Diamond in December with Christmas money and so far I've got three badges and made it to their Veilstone Headquarters.
In HeartGold, I haven't gotten through Rock Tunnel yet. And I haven't bought Platinum mainly cause I can't always afford games, but hopefully I'll buy it soon.
So my answer to this is that I'm still on my first run of a my 4th gen Pokemon games. Yup, I'm pretty slow at playing video games. So that's why I haven't lost touch or moved on. Though even when I do finish them, I'll still be playing them. All of them are still pretty fun and Pokemon games have alot of replay value in my opinion. I've replayed Pokemon Gold and Emerald countless amount of times.

Years
HG and SS probably have the most content of any games. Considering they're my favorites in the entire series, yeah, the 4th gen has not had its time for me. :3

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen yesterday
HGSS are my favorite games in the series, so I would say no. I love to play them still.

Back