• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Combined Pokemon Solo Challenge Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don Bastio

Banned
Years
It is completely allowed, I mean I do it for most of my solo challenges. I just set them as my starter because it makes it a lot more efficient than having to catch etc.

thanks for the help, i used advancestarter on FR to get hitmonchan ill do rayquaza after. also if you black/whited out do you have to restart? or is it okay to lose a battle? i lost on misty my first try...

Years
  • Seen Apr 23, 2021
Hello all. I was looking into doing this challenge for something to occupy my spare time with, so sign me up. Do I just post my progress here? I'd also like to do the run with a Raichu, my favorite pokemon.

Name: Flynn.

Rival: Clu

Pokemon: Tron the Raichu.

Games I'll be playing:
Kanto: Leaf Green
Johto: Crystal
Hoenn: Emerald
Sinnoh: Platinum
Unova: White 2

I've just started Leaf Green so I will post my progress sometime tomorrow.

The only hacking I have done is setting up my starter pokemon as Raichu for Crystal, Leaf Green, and Emerald. For Platinum and White 2 I plan to use pokegen to edit the saves before my first rival battle.

Since I won't be at those games for a bit, to what extent can I edit my Raichu? Do I set everything to random, or can I edit his nature, ev's, and skills but still start at a level 5? Or, at the very least, edit his nature?

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Apr 23, 2021
Diary 1. Kanto Region.

Spoiler:

EDIT :
Diary 2. Kanto Region

Spoiler:

Last edited:

ShinyHoundoom

Houndoom Fan
Years
Well Fire Red is done, with a lot of panic on Gary every time because it was Blastoise.

End Game Stats:

Spoiler:

Years
  • Seen Mar 24, 2021
Pokemon: Growlithe / Arcanine
Challenge: Single
Game: Fire Red

First update:
Spoiler:

Second update:
Spoiler:

to be continued..

Last edited:

Necrum

I AM THE REAL SONIC
Years
So, I signed up a great while back, to do a Solo Challenge on Platinum using Gallade. Now, I finally sat down and made some real progress on it. So here it goes:

-Chose to be a boy named Zolo (Yay One Piece!)
-Chose Piplup as my starter, so I wouldn't be able to have a clear advantage over my rival's starter (Turtwig)
-Traded in my Ralts Egg
-Hatched the egg, and named my Ralts Roronoa (Yay One Piece again!)
-Blah blah blah got the Poketch
-Blah blah blah other stuff
-Obtained HM06 Rock Smash
-Challenged Oreburgh Gym
-Defeated Roark and claimed the Coal Badge!

Team:
280.gif

Roronoa
Lvl 15, Jolly
34/13/15/19/18/20
-Confusion
-Double Team
-Growl
-Teleport

Years
  • Seen Apr 23, 2021
I've been busy with Christmas, Birthday, and Anniversary things the last couple of weeks but I've recorded more of my progress in a more readable format, hopefully. I'll update again later on in the month. Merry Christmas everyone! On a side note, I'm just about done with Leaf Green, then it's on to Crystal.

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

I've completed Trons journey through Leaf Green. Due to doing this completely on my phone I'm adding another post, hopefully isn't counted as a double post. I actually have a screenshot of the hall of fame but unfortunately I can't post pictures yet.

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Next up is Crystal. I'll be travelling in a few days so it'll be a bit before I update. Happy Holidays everyone!

Last edited by a moderator:

Necrum

I AM THE REAL SONIC
Years
So, there's a good chance I'm going to Solo Challenge hell...

-Cleared Route 204
-Reached Floaroma Town
-Defeated Team Galactic
-Challenged Commander Mars
-Lost several times against Commander Mars
-Grinded to Lvl 20 and evolved Roronoa into Kirlia
-I hate Purugly so much...
-S-Mod Luke gave me a Dawn Stone
-Roranoa Evolved into Gallade
-Cleared Route 205
-Cleared Eterna Forest
-Challenged Eterna City Gym
-Defeated Gardenia

Team:
475.gif

Roronoa
Lvl 26, Jolly
74/72/44/41/70/58
-Confusion
-Slash
-Swords Dance
-Double Team

I was going to wait until I got Dawn Stone in game, but it would have required an un-godly amount if grinding and over leveling to beat that Purugly, trust me. This is a better solution.

TheCrystalFlaaffy

Youtube Content Creator
Years
Finally started SoulSilver for my ultimate Jynx challenge. Did all the starting stuff and beat Falkner.

Video:
Spoiler:

Spr_4h_238.png

Bewsa
Level 14
Nature: Timid
Ability: Forewarn
Powder Snow
Lick
Sweet Kiss
Pound

P.S - The reason why I rarely update is because I have been working on a hack for Pokemon Black and White, which I am nearly finished, and when I'm done my updates will again be more consistent. The main purpose of the hack is to play Pokemon where EVERY Pokemon is usable and catchable, while the difficulty has a major increase. I expect it to be finished before the new year.

ShinyHoundoom

Houndoom Fan
Years
Well I got 7 badges now in Crystal. Only Clair is left on Johto. OMG Chuck was giving me problems. That dang Poliwrath. I'm changing my Unova game to White 2

229.gif

Cerberus the male Houndoom
Level 44
-Bite
-Flamethrower
-Faint Attack
-Shadow Ball

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Oct 2, 2020
I started my first ever solo run last night. So, the official stuff:

Name: Arlo
Pokemon: Lillipup-Herdier-Stoutland
Game: White

Spoiler:

DelightedTurk

Hipsterest Hypno in the land
Years
I tried using A-Starter to hack in Elekid as my started in Liquid Crystal, but the game keeps glitching out on me so I'll scrap it.

Instead I'll do an Ultimate Run using Electabuzz through Leaf Green - Crystal - Emerald - Platinum - Black

I'll get on the Leaf Green playthrough right away!

EDIT: Got enough done for an update, a little over leveled at this stage but I'm okay with it.

Update #1
Spoiler:
Spoiler:

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Oct 2, 2020
Update:

Spoiler:

kingofeds

The Ed-olution is here!
Years
  • Seen Nov 24, 2022
Hey there guys! I gonna do a Girafarig solo run for LeafGreen, Crystal and Emerald. Why? Well, I set these guidelines for myself:

1. I will use a Pokemon at random
2. The Pokemon randomly selected must not be a pure Normal-type
3. The Pokemon randomly selected must have at least 1 attacking move at Level 5

The RNG gave me 203, which is Girafarig. Now I'm not gonna do a full Ultimate challenge with it because I'm not in the mood to do DS games, but I will do the GBC/GBA games.

Years
  • Seen Oct 21, 2023
Ok!Im giving this challenge a shot!
Ultimate or single-Ultimate
Games-Red,Crystal,Ruby,Platinum,Black
Pokemon which is going to be used-Beedrill

Years
  • Seen Oct 2, 2020
Update:
Spoiler:

Edit for another update:

Spoiler: