• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[PKMN OPEN] The Pokémon Trainer Academy (T) [Best Veteran 4Q '11]

Megaman765

Really wants shiny Porygon Z:3
Years
Mark breathed heavily as he stared down the Magmortar. He had a feeling he could take it. Snype looked up at it kind of nervously though. For now, Mark was feeling very confident.

"We'll fig-" Before Mark could finish, the Magmortar used Fire Blast on the ground below them to threaten them. Afterwards, She aimed her cannon at the two once more. Mark suddenly got terrified. "...RUN!" Mark shouted as he quickly turned around and made a run for it. The Magmortar and the Magby also gave chase to them as it fired a few minor shots toward them just to mess with the two. It'd get serious later on. For now, Mark had to make a dash for it. Not so great considering the heat already was exhausting him. This was going to be one heck of a story to tell his friends.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Jun 11, 2019
Samantha Felicity Cooper

"Alright, let'- whoah - what!?"

Sammy had been getting geared up to fight on Mark's instruction, then the Magmortar launched an incredibly powerful fire attack and then Mark was running like a little girl! If she was worried about things like that Sammy might have been offended that he just ran and didn't try to defend her - but she was too busy running for her life.

With Corphish hot on her heels and the angry mother even hotter on his she sprinted after Mark. Her Arbok hoodie was flapping around her legs, so she untied it from her waist and let it fall as she ran.

"I - am - going - to - KILL - YOU - FOR - THIS!" She panted out just as she managed to draw even with Mark. She wasn't going to beat him in a Pokemon battle to prove she was just as good as he was. She was going to knock his block off for being an idiot. Let's go inside a volcano Sammy! Let's chase a pokemon into the heart of the volcano! Let's fight oh no wait I lied I'm already running away.

Today sucked.​

Megaman765

Years
Mark pantted as he continued running. "Hah! Comon! What happened to that fearless attitude? It's an adventure! I had a swarm of Beedrill chasing me a couple weeks ago and survived that! I'll buy you a new Arbok hoodie I promise!" Mark said as he kept running. The Magmortar had a lock on for Mark this time around as the two moved further from the Volcano core... Snype made a noise toward Mark to signal it. Mark looked behind and noticed he was about to fire a large fireball toward them.

"Look out!" Mark said as he shoved Sammy a distance away from him. so she wouldn't get hit. The fireball nearly scorched Mark's face and ended up barely missing. He felt the fireball skid right across his shoulder. He kept running out, noticing snow falling down again bit by bit.

"Hah... thats was clo-" Mark noticed the shoulder of his shirt was caught on fire. And spreading!

"A-AH! Damnit!" Mark said as he quickly threw his T shirt off and left it behind. Well if the fire didn't kill him, the cold sure would! The fog was starting to form back again. He quickly grabbed onto Sammys hand so she wouldn't get separated.

"Alright. Time to to change things!" Mark said as he threw Commodore's Pokeball and let him out.

"Quick! Trick Room!" Mark shouted. Commodore didn't need a reason to question him. He quickly used Trick Room to change the dimensions between the two Trainers and the Magmortar. Mark and Sammy were suddenly much faster then the raging Magmortar and any shorts the Magmortar was firing where a bit slower as well.

"Go go go!" Mark shouted.

Years
Kayla Makihatayama

Kayla smiled and looked at Shawn. She glared at Satoshi. "Why would you try to get rid of me?" she asked. "And why were you so jealous? Do you know how hard it is to be so smart? I wanted to be more like you and have nothing to worry about..." Satoshi sighed. "Look, Kayla, I'm sorry, alright?" He took a deep breath and brushed some of Kayla's hair away from her face. "I can't tell you how sorry I am... Please forgive me, okay?" Kayla sighed. "I accept your apology," she mumbled. "But I still don't like you." Amy smiled. "Alright, now that all of the drama's gone..." She looked around. "Where's my dear sister and her boyfriend?" Kayla sighed again. "Holly's in class, but she said that her teacher isn't there yet. I don't know where Haru is..." She bent down and grabbed her crutches, gasping when Primrose squeaked. "Don't scare me!"

siiadams

Got 3DS back...1822-1106-0866
Years
Shawn Williams - Raikou Dorm - Oak Town

Shawn smiled as the attention swayed from Kayla to Holly and her boyfriend, Haru. He turned to Kayla as she explained where they were, paying attention to her. He wondered if those three would leave them behind while searching for Holly. He hoped so because he wanted more time with her alone. He was getting more comfortable around the three, though, but it'd take some time.

"I don't know if you'd be able to go into the classrooms without permission, though," he finally remarked, "You might have to wait until they let out. Whenever that is..."

Posted from Pokecommunity.com App for Android

<Challenger>

Goodbye PC...for now.
Years
Haru Hatake

Haru was about to order Dutchess to attack, but a pack of Rattata and a couple Raticate came from out of nowhere and charged the pair of trainers and their pokemon. "EVERYONE GET IN!" He yelled and tossed all five of his pokeballs, returning each individual pokemon. "I would really love to battle but...I don't want to be eaten." He gave the other trainer a snappy-gun thing, turned tail, and ran. Seeing Haru run full sprint is a sight to see. He can really move for a scrawny, out-of-shape nerd such as himself. "SEE YA!" He called out to the other trainer, who instead turned to face the hoard. "YOU'RE A BRAVE MAN!" He had serious respect for the guy. He obviously had some balls, but it was pretty stupid.

After a good fifteen minutes of sprinting, he collapsed in exhaustion in front of the pokemon center. Haru rolled onto his back and looked around, still catching his breath. He saw through blurry vision what appeared to be Kayla....and a large horde of people. Idea! I'll lay here on the dirty ground until at least some of those people go away! I'm a genius! He layed his head on the ground and just rested, hoping for the feeling to come back into his legs. "Holy crap I'm tired!" He let out a groan and put his hands behind his head, lounging on his dirt bed.

Years
Kayla Makihatayama

Kayla smiled at Shawn. "Amy doesn't wait for people," she giggled softly. She gasped when she saw Haru and sighed. "Speak of the devil, and he shall appear. Amy, that's Haru, and-" Amy smiled and walked over to Haru. She squatted next to him and sighed. "So you're my Holly's boyfriend, huh?" she asked. She grabbed his ear and pulled him up quickly. Chase opened his mouth to say something, but closed it quickly. "If the woman's head filled up more than her bra, and she thought with her head, we wouldn't be stuck in situations like this..." he muttered. Kayla walked over to Amy and Haru. "Haru, this is Holly's sister Amy. Over there are her brother Chase and my brother Satoshi. Don't ask why they're here, because I really don't know any more." Amy smiled and nodded. "Now let's find Holly, okay Harry?"

siiadams

Got 3DS back...1822-1106-0866
Years
Shawn Williams - Raikou Dorm - Oak Town

Shawn looked around at the new arrival, who Kayla introduced as Haru. So this is Holly's beau, huh? Amy pulled him up by the ear, which must have hurt a bit. Kayla walked over to him to talk to him. Now it seemed like they were going to get Holly from class. Shawn stood by and listened the whole time, not interjecting anything.

Shawn simply called Shiva to her pokeball, knowing he'd have to make it up to her sooner or later. He walked over and joined the group, not saying a word. He nodded to Haru, smiling, before turning around to the Academy.

Posted from Pokecommunity.com App for Android

Iny Gage

Forum Dweller.
Years
Iny Gage: Practical Battling.

Iny took the book and started taking notes on the pokemon, Just as she was about to describe it's appearance she realised something. "Wait, This class Is called practical battling, I should be talking about the pokemon's abilities more than the appearance..." With that iny quickly skimmed the first few pages then skipped over to descriptions of what it can do.

Ralt's is a small humanoid pokemon that is quite rare to find. It is phychic Type with two evolutions, The second one being a branching evolution into either Gardevoir, A psychic type, or Gallade, A psychic Fighting.It has the ability to mimic other pokemon's abilities, storing them in it's short term memory to use again in the near future. It has pitiful physical capabilities But somewhat makes it up with above average mental capabilities. Due to it's weak defences it is rather hard to train. Recently over the past few years, Some have been showing up that could talk to humans through telepathy, Although these are rare for an already rare pokemon.

Iny then drops her pencil, Her hand aching from all the writing. At least now though Iny knows Exactly what to do Against it if Her and Clumsy ever had a battle, Tiba Would likely make very short work of it. Looking over to the other two they still look to be writing, "Well, Looks like we aren't gonna do two, Thank god."She thinks to herself and starts to lazily stare up at the ceiling.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Jun 11, 2019
Samantha Felicity Cooper

Sammy was getting blasted at, shoved around, dragged along and was now having the laws of physics altered around her.

"It's from Kalos you doof!" She snapped back. "I don't see you going halfway round the world just to get me a new top, you can't even get a Magby on the same island as you!"

With the effects of Trick Room Sammy was now a lot faster and was able to outstrip the Magmortars fireballs, making a break for the trail they had used earlier to get into the volcano. She skidded and slid down it with Corphish, determined to put as much distance between her and the angry mother Magmortar as possible. They should have known that when the Magby fled it would be towards safety and protection. They hadn't made a very good showing of themselves as knowledgeable Pokemon Trainers.​

<Challenger>

Goodbye PC...for now.
Years
Haru Hatake

Haru groaned as Amy pulled him up. "My name is NOT Harry. It's Haru." His ear hurt a great deal, but no matter. They were going to find Holly, and that's all that mattered! "Oh we'ere off to find the Holly, the wonderful Holly of-" He racked his brain to find something that rhymed with Holly, but all he could come up with was dolly, Olly, folly, and trolley. "The wonderful Holly of Oz!" Where did that last part come from? Haru had never heard of a place named Oz. Oh well. He noticed a new-comer as well as Kayla's family. He managed to get near him and whisper. "Name's Haru." He gave his classic snappy-gun and smile bit, then went on. "I think we got ourselves into a fine mess, I believe." He began to chuckle. "But a mess well worth it."

Fuyu

The answer is at the top...
Years
  • Age 29
  • Home
  • Seen Apr 17, 2024
Skye

Skye had sat in the back of the class, scratching Rama's ears behind his desk, smiling at the teacher. He felt a little better than he had about two hours ago. Nothing like a bit of food and avoiding a mildly entertaining Gardevoir to get your mind off of things. Rama yawned and curled up tighter in his motions of taking a nice, long nap.

Skye chuckled as quietly as possible. The little idiot had been having a temper tantrum only twenty minutes ago. Really now. Really.

He closed his book and put it away, waiting for the class to well, be taught.

Ciel

Ciel watched the teacher go, utterly confused and, well, utterly dismayed. He really was as bad as he thought... Momo tugged at his pant leg, mewling. That guy had mentioned class, hadn't he? Well, what did he have? He had a class about breeding. Ooh, that could be fun. Now... he just had to find it.

So that's exactly what he did. He let Momo sniff out the classroom, returning Kinko so she wouldn't squirm her way free again. It was funny, but not very helpful. Hehe. Of course, Momo stopping to stare at her own tail wasn't particularly helpful either. Oh well. At least she knew where she was going, which was better than him already.

Soon, they did actually manage to find the class, the biggest improvement from last time in which he had gotten lost. He always seemed to get lost.

That was not important right now, though. Instead, he sat down in the class, with Momo on the desk, purring and making it move.

Ash

Well, at least nobody could be late. People were still arriving.

Ash grinned and took the Expert Belt from the rock she had laid it on. This lesson was going to be interesting.

She knew what the other teachers thought of her class, or at least what a good few of them did. They didn't see the purpose when society relied so heavily on Pokemon. However, a good few people had never had the misfortune to drop their Pokeballs or be in a "no-battle-zone". She knew all about those. College campuses were a great example, as were non-public city areas or houses without battlefields installed.

She also sincerely doubted most people had ever experienced the wonderful adventure in being in a land where Pokemon Battles were illegal. Yeah, that was a very, very bad experience. Progressive society, her rear.

At any rate, she was going to teach them now, because having a bunch of slobby trainers coming from this place would not cut it. Not now, not ever.

"Come on now, ya berks. Hurry up, hurry up," she called cheerily. "You've got fights to fight, matches to make, things to do. Come on~"

WooliestSteam

A Little Wooly Piece of Steam
Years
Conor Crawford || Class --> Practical Battling

Conor now noticed that Iny had placed her pencil on the table indicating she was finished. She then proceeded to look up at the ceiling, probably relieved to be finished all that writing.

Conor stared into space thinking about all the different Pokémon on the Island and what kind of types to catch for his team. "A Fire Type …. Oh maybe a good Grass Type, Electric can be pretty powerful as well." This weather had him pumped, he didn't know why but he just wanted to be out in it, training and catching Pokémon. It was then he remembered the Ghost Type he set out to catch earlier. "Well that ended in disaster, I just ran the moment I saw one" smiled Conor as he sat quietly thinking to himself. "Then there's that Phanpy I battled earlier, again didn't go so smoothly. I had to end up taking Poli to the Pokémon Center. So … I ran away from a Pokémon I set out to catch and just about scraped a victory in a battle. I really have to train and train hard!"

"We have to finish this class before I do anything though". He quickly zoned back in and looked around. "Just Mike to go and then we'll have finished one part of this work anyway."

Zavytar

Lonely Planet Boy
Years
Alice Crenshaw
Pokémon Center (Room 5)

Alice suddenly felt her head spinning. Her legs began to tremble, and she was likely to collapse any second now. She whimpered and leaned against Roxas, her eyes about to go to the back of her head. The date would have to wait, unless the wanted to spend it lying on the ground feeling dizzy. Oh, no... Please, no... she thought, Well, it can't be helped... I just hope he understands...

"Um, Roxas..." she said timidly, "M-Mind if we put this off for later today? I'm not feeling very well..."

Jello snapped out of whatever he was in when he heard Alice whimper. At first he thought the blonde boy had done something to her, however, it was just his paranoia. His mind was so focused on the lack of trust for his trainer's date that he almost completely forgot about her sickness! For the time being, he put those bad feelings aside and stayed alert, ready to help Alice should something worse happen.

Years

Sylvia Hansons

Following the instructions of Mr. Yew, Sylvia reached under her desk and opened it to the appropriate page only to find a note from the teacher there. She read through the note quickly, scowling at the teacher.
What kind of teacher plays pranks on his students? Well, despite his unprofessional behaviour he at least might be more interesting than some of the other teachers I have met here.

Sylvia sat back in her chair, irritated by the teacher but curious as to what he would do next.

Zayne Alta

Zayne had just finished explaining the differences between the rock and ground types to of his less bright students when something out of the window caught his eye.
Snow? It was a perfectly nice day a minute ago, what's going on? Is this something to do with the Team Rocket members that are supposedly present on the island?

Zayne wanted to be sure, he may have been a new teacher but he still wanted to protect his students.
"Andromeda, come on out." Zayne released the fearsome, yet beautiful, staraptor from the confines of her pokeball and opened a window ushering in a cold breeze.
"Could you go and find out what's going on out there?"
"Star!" Andromeda leapt onto the windowsill before taking to the air and heading into the skies.
"Okay, nothing to see here. Back to work everyone we'll be ready for the next task soon" Zayne instructed his class as he shut the window.
Snow... how weird.

Andromeda

Andromeda flapped her wings hard to gain altitude, the cold in the air and the flurry of snow was bothering the brave bird but she wasn't going to let something like bad weather hinder her. She began to fly loops around the academy buildings perimeter, extending her sweep more and more until she decided that the cause was probably not on the ground.

It as at that moment she saw it. A great, ice blue coloured bird with an elegant tail that flowed like a ribbon. Andromeda recognised the bird as an Articuno - a very rare and powerful pokemon - and wanted to know exactly why it as there. Adromeda, fearing nothing - even a legendary bird like Articuno - launched herself after the bird wishing to interrogate it.

Megaman765

Years
Kalos... that just made Mark feel worse now. Boy he screwed up. The Magmortar seemed to be giving up at this point but boy was it angry! It started to calm down nonetheless. It still had its child and that trainer didn't take him away. She was satisfied with that much at least. When Sammy said that he couldn't even capture a Magby on his own island that was when Mark finally snapped. And he didn't snap very often. How could she not see it?

"In that cave! Hide in there!" Mark said. He grabbed onto Sammys hand and pulled her into a small cave. The two wild pokemon would hopefully give up then. The Magmortar and the Magby looked around for awhile and assumed that the two just headed back to the Academy. The snow wasn't very appealing either. He waited for them to get some distance.

"I could have captured it. I could have at least tried to take those two on with both Len and Commodore!. I have certain standards though!" He whispered.

pokefan9900

The Egg has Finally Hatched!!!
Years
Mike, looked at the other two and saw that they were done writing already. "You guys are already done?" I'm still writing! I'm putting down every little detail about Vulpix, so I know exactly what to do in battle!" Mike then wrote his last couple sentences,and then said to his friends that he was finally done. "I'm done, guys! So, what do we do now, just wait?" Mike then saw Mr. Alta send out his Staraptor to investigate the snow. "Wow, cool! A Staraptor, I've never seen one of those!" Mike then looked in the book for details about Staraptor, and then went up to Mr. Alta. "Hey, Mr. Alta, I was wondering...can I take one of these books with me to help me study all types of Pokemon?!" Even as he was saying this, Mike was skimming through the section on Dragonite, just in case Mr. Alta said no and that he would still have knowledge about Drake's Pokemon. Please, Mr. Alta, say yes!

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Jun 11, 2019
Samantha Felicity Cooper

Sammy was unceremoniously dragged into the cave by Mark, Corphish quickly following behind her. If not for the circumstances Mark would have found pincers clamping down at him for treating Sammy that way, but Corphish at least had the sense to hold his temper for now.

"Standards," she hissed back at Mark, "What standards? You were all game to take it on then chickened out when it shot at you! I don't mind running,I don't mind fighting either, but at least stick to whichever one you tell me you're gonna do! If I'd already ordered Corphish to attack we'd have been left there on our own with no help while you ran into the sunset!"

She snatched her hand back from him and folded her arms under her chest. She wasn't really mad at Mark personally, she just felt that the whole situation sucked. And that had been her favorite hoodie. It was her nature to be honest with people - to the point of a fault she had been told in the past - and Mark would either understand that or he wouldn't. She'd never intended any offense and it was up to him if he decided to take any.​

Megaman765

Years
Mark frowned and looked down as she lectured him. He was cold now that he lost his T shirt and he shivered a bit. He felt bad. He failed to capture a simple Magby and he caused Sammy alot of harm. As usual, his trait for having bad luck was as strong as ever. At this rate he'd risk losing another friend! But he had a darn good reason for not fighting back. He always considered it when fighting Pokemon. How could she not see it.

Mark peeked outside and noticed the Magby hugging his mother, happy to still be together.

"I'm sorry for running like that. I shouted to Run after it shot us... It wasn't right for me to act so quickly without thinking of you safety... but I had a good reason for changing my mind. Sammy, if you were that Magmortar, how would you feel if your child was beaten up and taken away by a couple of strangers?" Mark said with a serious look on his face, pointing to the Magmortar and the Magby outside hugging eachother.

Snype could relate to the situation. He recalled a long time ago he had an encounter with a Meowth who took a trained Pichu back to its Den for food. The Meowth was still a child and was just learning from its mother. The Pichu ended up harming the mother and the Meowth was captured after that... Snype felt bad for that whole scene.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Jun 11, 2019
Samantha Felicity Cooper

Sammy sighed and rubbed the back of her neck. It wasn't that she disagreed with Marks point, in a lot of ways she felt he was right. But there was a serious problem with it if he wanted to carry on in the life he had planned and it wasn't within her to let him remain ignorant.

"I understand what you mean man, but, what do you think we do? Every Pokemon has parents, or siblings, or even kids that we take it away from. They all have lives before we capture them - you think Len or Snype just popped into existence the second you saw them? That Corphish only became real when I caught him? It's a decision we make when we become Trainers to do this, and it's a decision the Pokemon make when they join us. Why do you think Pokeballs aren't perfect - why not make it so they just catch Pokemon all the time? Pokemon stop fighting the pokeball when they want to be caught, when they achknowledge us as Trainers and decide to join us, to become partners with us. That's why some Pokemon just keep resisting and fighting until they're knocked out, because they don't want to join us. That's what I think anyway," she shrugged. "It's what I choose to. I don't like the alternative."​

Back