• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Pokémon X & Y Music!

Favorite battle song?

• Total voters
Years
If it's one of your favorite places... do you really want something new to come along and outshine it? Lavender town is the original creepy pokemon town... Nothing should ever replace it..
But I wouldn't mind creepy music in some other town. The Celestial tower was kinda good.
(You might like Top Percentage then...)

If the new town will be good I wouldn't mind if is outshine Lavender, its not like stories counter each other.
And sorry if I don't understand the obvious, but what do you mean by "Top Percentage"?

DamienHelvian

Legendary Lucario Warrior
Years
If the new town will be good I wouldn't mind if is outshine Lavender, its not like stories counter each other.
And sorry if I don't understand the obvious, but what do you mean by "Top Percentage"?

Top Percentage is a creepypasta story about Joey, the Ratatta kid who always talks about how it's in the Top Percentage. It's about as disturbing as most lavender town stories.

Back to the Music, I'm kind of interested in not just battle music but ambient music. Like, what about the routes and has anybody discussed the new modes of travel? So far we've only had music for Walking, Cycling, and Surfing. What about that part where you can now ride a pokemon at times? What kind of music might that have? I'm hoping for something adventurous and cheerful.

TCB

Tranquilo.
Years
Hearing only a small selection of the demo's music from Gamescom, the quality is really being stepped up from the midi sounds from the previous Gens. The Trainer battle theme in particular sounds amazing and gets you into that battling mood.

The Rival Battle theme and the Rival Encounter theme, both are good. However if they were to be swapped around it'll feel more appropriate.

I hope Game Freak take advantage here, with the much more superior sound output of the 3DS we may very well have the most robust main series soundtrack yet.

pokemonmasteraaron

The blind Pokémon Master!
Years
I love the trainer battle theme.
I love a good trainer battle theme, because that and the wild battle theme are the songs you will here the most!
And what of this route recreation?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5tZ75eu5ir8
Amazing!
The absolute only thing I worry about is the gym trainer / gym leader song going around.
It obviously plays in the game somewhere, but does it play on the gym leaders?
I will say, game freak are professionals and probably know better than to put such a theme as the Gym Leader battle theme.Now I'll be honest, I actually do love the theme, it's awesome, but it just doesn't fit a gym leader.
Course, in my opinion, Alder's battle theme didn't really fit, but that's different.
When I found out he wasn't the final boss, it turned out to be awesome for the part.
Besides, that song grew on me. Anyway, wouldn't it be interesting if the gym leaders all had their own battle themes?
Normally, I'd think "no way" but with the whole thing about selecting the track for wi-fi battles, it makes me wonder.
The gym leader theme would be perfect for a first gym leader or something.
Whatever it is, I'll grow to love it, I'm sure!
Nineteen more days before I finally have the answers to so many questions!

WishCookie

ヽ(*・ω・)ノNo berries for you!
Years
Thoughts on the Gym Leader theme.

Well as you guys know, it's been a day since the game was released and some has already beaten the first gym leader. Now what is your thoughts on the unexpected gym leader theme?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0bGSgVXA0HE

Kieran

the Blueberry Champion
Years
I honestly find it less rowdy; the previous generation insisted that you beat most of their trainers in the Gym before you get to the leader, but this generation doesn't have much.

I really like the Psychic gym's layout, though.

Years
The soundtracks!

In pokemon X and pokemon Y gamefreak step-up lot of thing, including the soundtrack.
I really enjoy the new soundtracks(especially the gym leaders soundtrack!), and I wanted to know-
What o you think about the game's soundtrack? you like it? think it got better? which one is your favorite?

MaoMint

☘ 小猫咪 ☘
Years
I love this new soundtrack!
Normaly I am not very fond of game soundtracks and especially in Pokémon I often end up turning off the sound.
However I really love this one - I refuse to turn it off, even at night. >: D
I'm not entirely sure about a favourite yet but I like the one from the first cave (unsure about the name 3: ) - it has a cheeky beat to it. :')

Years
Sound tracks are pretty good, i sometimes play with sound depending what i feel...With poke-amie i have to play with sound so i can play head-up so far high score of 985

voltianqueen

WITH SEAWATER
Years
  • Age 30
  • TN
  • Seen Feb 9, 2018
The soundtrack hasn't really jumped out at me... I do like the regular trainer battle music and the town where the Fairy gym is, though. But my favorite track so far is the power plant music! I like that one a lot!

Years
I noticed soundtracks had changed right away, well I kinda expected it but not in this way. It's a totally new/different kind of game music.

I especially like the gym leader soundtracks :D sound kinda intense as if you're in some important battle that makes a difference.

voltianqueen

WITH SEAWATER
Years
  • Age 30
  • TN
  • Seen Feb 9, 2018
Whoa, I just went to Route 15 and I really like that one, too o_o

A lot of the music kinda reminds me of RPG Maker music.

Wobbu

bunger bunger bunger bunger
Years
I've really enjoyed all of the music so far. I like the mix of classical instruments and synthetic instruments. The Boutique theme sounds really cool. I just made it to Route 10 so I still have a lot to look foward to. A little disappointed that Aquacorde Town and Ambrette Town share the same theme, I was hoping that it'd be like Unova where every settlement has its own theme. At least it's a good theme. My favorite Route Theme so far is the Route 8 theme. I'm not a big fan of the Gym Leader theme, however.

Silhouette

On my way to Viridian City ♪
Years
Oh god, Cyllage City theme. I am literally standing here in the town just listening, I can't get enough!!

Most battle themes are okay, but I wasn't necessarily impressed with them. I like the regular trainer battle and the gym leader battle is cool, too.

WishCookie

ヽ(*・ω・)ノNo berries for you!
Years
Pokemon X & Y - Favorite Soundtrack?

So, your favorite soudntrack? X and Y has been out for a while now and most of you have completed the game but if you haven't I'm sure you have a favorite soundtrack atm right? :p

Now, which soundtrack do you like the most?

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Aug 21, 2021
I love the music that plays in the power plant and the pokeball factory. It's my favourite.

After that I like the music on route 15, does it remind anyone else of elder scrolls? Also the Xerneas music was another one I liked.

Lastly the music in Laverre city springs to mind, it's very charming.

1st: Power Plant/Pokeball Factory
2nd: Route 15 (Think it plays on another route too)
3rd: Laverre City

Edit: How did I forget Dendemille town? Another awesome track. Reminds me of Wind Waker.

Last edited:
Back