• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.
  • Want to share your adventures playing Pokémon?
    Check out our new Travel Journals forum for sharing playthroughs of ROM Hacks, Fan Games, and other Pokémon content!
  • IMPORTANT: Following a takedown request, the following hacks have been delisted from PokéCommunity:

• Pokémon Glazed
    • Pokémon: Giratina Strikes Back
    • Pokémon Flora Sky
    • Pokémon Stranded
    The downloads and discussion threads for these hacks will no longer be accessible, and staff will be unable to return questions regarding accessing this content.

Help Thread: Patching & Emulation

Mr. X

It's... kinda effective?
Years
You'd have better luck trying the emulation section.

I actually posted a fix for it to work on No$.

But, I'm feeling nicer then usual so I'll give you the fix/code right now, instead of telling you to stop being lazy, and to check the Emulation section.

52004EA0 E8BD01F0
02004EA0 EAFFF25C
E2001800 0000005C
E92D4008 E3A00000
E3A0150E E2811A06
E5810B44 EA5FE9F2
E59F4034 E59F5034
E5845000 E59F4020
E5945000 E59F601C
E1550006 03A05001
05C4500A 03A05000
E1445DB4 E8BD01F0
EA000D95 021809E0
28AAFF1F 037FBFE0
EAA01606 00000000
D0000000 00000000
input as AR, no RAW.

Don't bother with the english translation yet. From what I've read, that somehow screws with this fix and causes freezes.

Were using the B/W thread right now, although I'll proably make a thread for BW2 if no one else does by tommarow.

Edit - Really though, No$ and Deseume are the only DS emulators worth a damn. iDeaS, and NeonDS haven't been updated for a long time, and even then they never had very good comparability. No$ hasn't been updated for half a decade now, and has long since been surpassed by Deseume, but it still has good compability for newer games.

Last edited:

Mr. X

It's... kinda effective?
Years
I don't know what people do with their DeSmuMEs but B2W2 works like a charm on DeSmuME 0.9.8 without any cheats needed.

Cheat not for DeSmuMEs, for no$.

Anyway, the 1.3 translation doesn't autotrim the rom so you can use that and it shouldn't cause any other issues with No$.

Years
Pokémon Black 2/White 2 Emulation Help Thread

With the release of Pokémon Black 2 and White 2 in Japan, this means the ROMs have also been leaked. This thread will serve as the place of discussion for all things relating to the emulation of Black 2 and White 2; ie. which emulators seem to work best with it, and other things like that.

Rules
  • Do not link to ROMs.
  • Do not link to other forums; if you find something helpful on another forum, just copy-paste it.
  • Before posting, please be sure to read back at least a few posts to make sure your question hasn't already been answered.
  • Do not make off-topic posts; this thread is for discussing Black 2 and White 2 only.
  • If you want to thank someone for a helpful contribution, just send them a VM; 'thank you' posts are a bit spammy.

Mr. X

It's... kinda effective?
Years
Might as well post this here.

Status on Emulators/Flashcarts
Working:
Supercard DSTwo AP Patch, run rom in clean mode
AKAIO 1.8.9z with AP Patch
(i)EDGE 2.3 with AP Patch
Wood 1.49 with AP Patch - cheats/reset off
Desmume with AP Patch
No$GBA 2.6 with AP Patch and cheatcode (You might need to set the save mode to 512k instead of using automatic, not sure.)

Not Working:
CycloDS(i) 2.3
No$GBA 2.6a

Code to enable saves in No$GBA. (Input as AR code, RAW)
Spoiler:

Last edited:

Martins

Years
  • Seen Aug 11, 2014
I downloaded a clean ROM and patched the EXP fix with the partial English translation and I'm playing on Desmume. However, I'm encountering way too many problems; from crashing when finishing a trainer battle to white screen after leaving certain houses or encountering wild Pokemon to even losing save files even after I saved with no problem. I guess this is normal because of it was recently dumped?

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years
I downloaded a clean ROM and patched the EXP fix with the partial English translation and I'm playing on Desmume. However, I'm encountering way too many problems; from crashing when finishing a trainer battle to white screen after leaving certain houses or encountering wild Pokemon to even losing save files even after I saved with no problem. I guess this is normal because of it was recently dumped?
No, it is not normal for I have never encountered any glitches.
Are you using DeSmuME 0.9.8? It runs smoothly on it for me.

Years
  • Seen May 30, 2014
Has anybody found a solution for Desmume crashing whenever you go to your pokemon stats menu?

Mr. X

It's... kinda effective?
Years
If he's using the 1.4 ENG translation, then it should have the most recent AP patch applied.

Martins

Years
  • Seen Aug 11, 2014
I was using an older version of Desmume and a not-so clean ROM, but now it's working fine.

How far does the translation pack 1.4 go? I saw some screenshots with the whole first part of the introduction was translated including when naming the player and the rival, but it's still in Japanese when I applied the patch.

MegaKuriboh

Yare Yare Daze
Years
Alright, so I'm having some problems.
So I was using the No$GBA emulator to emulate Black 2, and every time i made it to the Title Screen, it froze with the music still playing.

I got past this by using the No$Zoomer, and I set the extra things to 1 and 5, and I made it past the title screen, finally.

Now my problem is when I click "New Game", it freezes, it doesn't go further it just stays as a black screen.

Some other random information, don't tell me to use Desmume, my computer is a couple years old so Desmume runs WAY to slow on it, even though I can make it past New Game, and I prefer No$GBA better anyways.

I'm also using the english patch version 1.4 from Pokestation, if that is any help.

I would apreciate some help.

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years
Alright, so I'm having some problems.
So I was using the No$GBA emulator to emulate Black 2, and every time i made it to the Title Screen, it froze with the music still playing.

I got past this by using the No$Zoomer, and I set the extra things to 1 and 5, and I made it past the title screen, finally.

Now my problem is when I click "New Game", it freezes, it doesn't go further it just stays as a black screen.

Some other random information, don't tell me to use Desmume, my computer is a couple years old so Desmume runs WAY to slow on it, even though I can make it past New Game, and I prefer No$GBA better anyways.

I'm also using the english patch version 1.4 from Pokestation, if that is any help.

I would apreciate some help.
If you tried the AR Mr. X mentioned and it still does not work you simply need to use DeSmuME...
You need to understand that No$ is too outdated and new games don't run smootly or even don't work at all.

Mr. X

It's... kinda effective?
Years
Strangely, no$ 2.6a can't emulate this but its previous version 2.6 can.

If your computer can't run deseume, try no$2.6

Actually, I already mentioned that. I've only had the freezing issue on 2.6a, not 2.6, so you proably were using 2.6a. Try 2.6 instead.

Anyway, updated save codes. (I haven't tested these yet, but these codes MIGHT work for 2.6a as well.)

Black 2
Spoiler:

White 2
Spoiler:

Edit - All the other AR code did was correct the saving issues that gave out the blue screen of death when the rom loaded. It didn't change anything else other then enabling saving.

Edit 2 - Most rom/emulator sites will only have copies of no$ 2.6a. If your having trouble finding a copy of 2.6, check zophar's domain.

Last edited:

DarkWolf13

Battle Subway Editor
Years
DeSmuME runs the game too dang slow and I have Windows 7. Is there any way to make it run faster? I'd prefer no$gba but all I can get past is the intro before the title screen and that's all.

Years
  • Seen Sep 4, 2012
The code for No$GBA 2.6 works fine, except that the game freezes every time I attempt to check the summary. Therefore, I think it's impossible to enter the tournament, which is the reason why I was so excited about this game...anyway, thanks for the code, glad I don't have to use DeSmuME (which is way too slow on my old PC).

EDIT: the game also freezes when I give my Pokemon an item to hold ;_;

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Aug 22, 2012
Hey I have a bit of an issue. I downloaded the VBA link version, so I could trade pokemon between Fr and Lg, and my computer is wicked fast, but when I go in and hit "Link" --> Wireless Adapter; it starts the thing, but it is ridiculously slow. I've been unable to get past "Waiting for repl" and it just kinda freezes there...is there a way to speed this up?

aaaaand it didnt reply to the specific message I tried to reply to :/ sorry, I did read thru the forum, i found someone that seemed to know how to fix this, and tried to reply specifically to that person...ig it didnt work.

Last edited:
Back