• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lukeyjohnno

Hacker-In-Training ;)
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jun 1, 2013
Alright, I've gotten a weird reaction from my ROM. When I inserted a simple XSE message script for a NPC (I've inserted them before, mind you) in my Ruby hack, it didn't work. I hit the A button (which is my space bar), and it continued walking around, as if the script was never inserted. It looks like the script was even compiled correctly.

Then, I inserted the script into a clean Ruby ROM, and it worked. I tried everything I can; copied exactly the statistics of that sprite, etc. This is the script I used, though I don't think there's anything wrong with it...

Spoiler:

Have you tried adding a LockPlayer script?

TB Pro

Old-timer
Years
Alright, I've gotten a weird reaction from my ROM. When I inserted a simple XSE message script for a NPC (I've inserted them before, mind you) in my Ruby hack, it didn't work. I hit the A button (which is my space bar), and it continued walking around, as if the script was never inserted. It looks like the script was even compiled correctly.

Then, I inserted the script into a clean Ruby ROM, and it worked. I tried everything I can; copied exactly the statistics of that sprite, etc. This is the script I used, though I don't think there's anything wrong with it...

Spoiler:
Have you tried decompiling it? That's happened to me before, and there was nothing on the script just #ORG @blah then release and end. Also, was the NPC already there? Or did you add him? If he was already there, try removing him, and adding a new NPC. Also, try adding lock, boxset 2 only does faceplayer :P

Have you tried adding a LockPlayer script?
There is no such thing as a lockplayer script, or a command for that matter. There is lock, which locks the NPC's. There's lockall, which locks everything including the player, and the camera.

Lukeyjohnno

Hacker-In-Training ;)
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jun 1, 2013
Have you tried decompiling it? That's happened to me before, and there was nothing on the script just #ORG @blah then release and end. Also, was the NPC already there? Or did you add him? If he was already there, try removing him, and adding a new NPC. Also, try adding lock, boxset 2 only does faceplayer :P

There is no such thing as a lockplayer script, or a command for that matter. There is lock, which locks the NPC's. There's lockall, which locks everything including the player, and the camera.

Yes there is!
I meant to say Lock, not LockPlayer.

Cy-Chan

GSC Hacker
Years
Can anyone shed some light on how the learnable move tutor moves are coded in FireRed? I presumed they'd be in the format of TMs/HMs, a series of binary switches, but I tested that theory, and it didn't pan out (IE: no, no they are not).

Anyone know how to say, change Bulbasaur to be able to learn Mega Kick?

Quoted for emphasis.

Man, it'd be really cool if people who need script help checked out the scripting help thread.

TB Pro

Old-timer
Years
Okay, I put some trees on a mountain with the movement permission of 10, and I walk OVER the treetops, even though the background byte is set to 00. It works on C ground, but not there. Is this just bound to happen, or is there some way I can prevent it?

Thrace

@tion
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Oct 2, 2016
Quoted for emphasis.
Man, it'd be really cool if people who need script help checked out the scripting help thread.
The data starts at 459B60 for FR and 459580 for LG. Its just the hex numbers of the attacks. The compatibility is either before or after that data I can't remember which. It'll be a hex number like 9201, just put it in the calculator and convert to binary. It's just a bunch of binary switches.

Okay, I put some trees on a mountain with the movement permission of 10, and I walk OVER the treetops, even though the background byte is set to 00. It works on C ground, but not there. Is this just bound to happen, or is there some way I can prevent it?
You can't unfortunately you'll just have to arrange it so that there is C on the tree tops. It should be possible in a lot of cases.

Dasrein

Pocket Developer
Years
How do you start from scratch when editing a ROM?
Like for example I'm editing a Fire Red ROM and I want the player to start out with his running shoes, pokedex, etc. and I want every aspect of the game to be changed, storyline, gyms, progression...
So how?
Thanks

Last edited:

TB Pro

Old-timer
Years
How do you start from scratch when editing a ROM?
Like for example I'm editing a Fire Red ROM and I want the player to start out with his running shoes, pokedex, etc. and I want every aspect of the game to be changed, storyline, gyms, progression...
So how?
Thanks
Well, there are many things you have to do. Start with reading some tutorials on scripting and mapping, and get the tools required with each. You can go from there.

Dasrein

Pocket Developer
Years
Well, there are many things you have to do. Start with reading some tutorials on scripting and mapping, and get the tools required with each. You can go from there.
I've already looked at tutorials, otherwise I would not be asking this question.

Edit: Off-Topic to my question, but why do I not see a "Compile" option when I right click. I've already installed Pokescript.

TB Pro

Old-timer
Years
I've already looked at tutorials, otherwise I would not be asking this question.

Edit: Off-Topic to my question, but why do I not see a "Compile" option when I right click. I've already installed Pokescript.
Well, you need to read them better, I guess. Did you save it as [Script].rbc?

---

I have a major tile problem. I expended the tileset, then inserted some tiles/edited palettes. I block edited, and the behaviour byte and background byte are random. When I open in in VBA, it looks like this:
Effed.png

I edit the Behaviour and background bytes to normal(00 00), and test again. Now the tiles I fixed are alright, but other tiles have the same problem. I have no idea why this is happening. Is it because I expanded the tileset? Please help if ya can~

Thrace

@tion
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Oct 2, 2016
Well, you need to read them better, I guess. Did you save it as [Script].rbc?

---

I have a major tile problem. I expended the tileset, then inserted some tiles/edited palettes. I block edited, and the behaviour byte and background byte are random. When I open in in VBA, it looks like this:
Effed.png

I edit the Behaviour and background bytes to normal(00 00), and test again. Now the tiles I fixed are alright, but other tiles have the same problem. I have no idea why this is happening. Is it because I expanded the tileset? Please help if ya can~
A-Map sometimes repoints to places that don't have enough free space. There is an option to disable automatic searching for offsets in A-Map. Find a place with plenty of space and repoint it there.

Xela

Do you believe in yourself?
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Feb 18, 2024
Firered just to say it!

I don't know if this is a simple question and i have tried to search too. When i make a warp script, i want to warp to a new map and the number is 3.66, 1 more than 65 which is the normal amount in advanced map because i inserted a new map but a black screen comes and nothing else when i try, every map else works fine without the new created ones? Whats wrong? How do i fix this?

Jerros

TloS FTW!!!
Years
Can someone give me the unLZ numbers for the Badges in Emerald?
I know there is a topic here about that, but they only give the number of the Battle Frontier Symbols (2525), not the regular Badges...

And is there a way/tool to really edit the funcions of items?
Like, can I make a Focus Sash or that kind of stuff in Emerald?

Also, how can I edit the Trainer Battle intro? (Pokémon emerald)
I want to edit the big "Team Aqua sign" that flashes when you battle a Team Aqua member.
I mean the logo that flashes right before you start the Trainer Battle.
Is it editable in unLZ? If so, what is the number? I've searched unLz a coupl of times already, but I can't seem to find the logo...

Last edited:

Xela

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Feb 18, 2024
Can someone give me the unLZ numbers for the Badges in Emerald?
I know there is a topic here about that, but they only give the number of the Battle Frontier Symbols (2525), not the regular Badges...

Also, how can I edit the Trainer Battle intro? (Pokémon emerald)
I want to edit the big "Team Aqua sign" that flashes when you battle a Team Aqua member.
I mean the logo that flashes right before you start the Trainer Battle.
Is it editable in unLZ? If so, what is the number? I've searched unLz a coupl of times already, but I can't seem to find the logo...

I do not think the Aqua sign in Emerald is editable, even though, you would need to be a very advanced hacker to do that, but with a little luck you may find it. I would say hack Ruby istead of emerald, so much easier!

Jerros

TloS FTW!!!
Years
Firered just to say it!

I don't know if this is a simple question and i have tried to search too. When i make a warp script, i want to warp to a new map and the number is 3.66, 1 more than 65 which is the normal amount in advanced map because i inserted a new map but a black screen comes and nothing else when i try, every map else works fine without the new created ones? Whats wrong? How do i fix this?

Have you editted the map size of your 3.66 map?
If so, try to re-insert the map.
Sometimes, making a map smaller can fk it up ;P

Try re-inserting the map anyway, or in a different location.
It might help.

Xela

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Feb 18, 2024
Have you editted the map size of your 3.66 map?
If so, try to re-insert the map.
Sometimes, making a map smaller can fk it up ;P

Try re-inserting the map anyway, or in a different location.
It might help.

Making smaller and try to re-inserting don't work, just tested it, but so far i think i just replace another map with it.

Lukeyjohnno

Hacker-In-Training ;)
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jun 1, 2013
DOes anyone know Firered's offest for Pokecry? (BPRE FireRed US)
The one that goes here:
90044350ux5.png

Thanks for any help given...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back